**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Evading After Block Since 17.2 [Under Investigation]

Comments

• SammichSammich Posts: 8
    Support responded to me that no one else is having this issue... clearly not the case. Here is the video I provided them that didn’t seam to be an issue. You’ll notice bishop seems to stick in a gun pose for a split second allowing him to get blasted
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3vxon1q1kl8wvc/Video 2018-03-27, 9 49 32 PM.mp4?dl=0
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I've just observed another really obvious example of the block recovery time having increased.

Rogue's SP1, you can usually take the first part into your block and then have ample time to evade back to avoid the life steal. You can still avoid it, but barely - one time she got me despite my best efforts. Evading this used to be child's play, it feels so different since 17.2.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Well I am not as mad as everyone else because the unresponsiveness has been here for months now so I got used to it and it really does not like this will be fixed for a long while but I just simply want go back to evading agent venoms sp1
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    I've just observed another really obvious example of the block recovery time having increased.

Rogue's SP1, you can usually take the first part into your block and then have ample time to evade back to avoid the life steal. You can still avoid it, but barely - one time she got me despite my best efforts. Evading this used to be child's play, it feels so different since 17.2.

It’s like “you want rifts and good rewards?, sure but it’s gonna cost you with the these crappy evade bugs and AI changes!!”
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    I am noticing a change

But not with blocking

It's the difficulty of the AI, it just feels more aggressive to me.

I was just fighting an AQ symbioid and every time I did a 5 Hit Combo I blocked and went to attack, the symbioid wènt very aggressive and countered
  • Ortem420Ortem420 Posts: 76
    Similar issue with Classic and SYM Spidey’s SP1 and Dormammu’s SP2. Was able to evade them but now to no avail.
    I also noticed when trying to evade some heroes hard hit like Ultron or Jugg or any one that does the uppercut hit, my characters doesn’t react to the swipe back. It stays frozen and receives the hit. I can evade any other hard hit with no problem. But when it comes to those, it’s like a 40/60 chance it’ll respond to my command.

I’m using an iPhone 6s iOS 11.2.6(latest)
    Also, I don’t experience this on my LG V10 Android 7.0. So it seems like it’s only an iPhone/iPad issue.
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Ya, happened to me also while evading cable sp1!
    Device: Samsung Galaxy s6
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Can confirm, it is impossible to evade a special mid-way now which was easily evadable pre-update.

All bullet specials or even multi hit energy attacks cannot be evaded anymore (after taking the first as block damage)
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Have you guys checked your internet connection? That is usually the problem when things aren't working as intended.

Don't forget to post your phone model and OS first
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Miike, thank you for at least clarifying what you said. You left us in a bit of a tizzy earlier and it's at least reassuring to know something is being done as opposed to the nothing we were worried of. Thanks for checking back in.
  • RobkidsRobkids Posts: 8
    I can confirm these same issues. I'm playing on an iphone8 and was running act 5.3.2 and 5.3.6 yesterday and the gameplay for blocking and evading was way off. it is hard to nail down exactly what was wrong, but my item use shot way up just for a few passes. luckily i cut my losses before it got too expensive. Please look into this issue ASAP.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    I have noticed this as well specifically with Spiderman's SP1. Usually if I am unable to evade it right when he uses it I can still evade after the first two hits but I have noticed that since the update my character just stands there for the duration of the SP1. It is really annoying for war and Act 5 because taking that much block damage is not good for hard content.
  • _noyes_noyes Posts: 51
    edited March 2018
    Blocking has changed. Flat out. Intention doesn't matter if the facts are present.

@Kabam Miike This was brought to your attention a long time ago, so quit playing coy

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/41246/major-issues-with-recovery-timings-dexterity-and-all-combat-mechanics-under-investigation/
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Can agent venoms sp1 get sorted out first this should be the easiest one to fix we can't evade his bullets.
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    _noyes wrote: »
    Blocking has changed. Flat out. Intention doesn't matter if the facts are present.

@Kabam Miike This was brought to your attention a long time ago, so quit playing coy

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/41246/major-issues-with-recovery-timings-dexterity-and-all-combat-mechanics-under-investigation/

To be honest: this actually works a bit against our argument... I’ve only noticed the issues quite recently, after the latest update... If you are saying that such issues have been brought to Kabam’s attention quite a while ago, it might be completely independent from the update and thus even more difficult to identify what the problem is...
  • _noyes_noyes Posts: 51
    The ability to evade after blocking an attack has been discussed for quite some time. If it took AV's sp1 to bring more people to the conversation, so be it. It's still combat mechanics. It's still undocumented changes to the game. It's still something that will likely get overlooked. Sorry to be so salty, but I've seen too many small changes like this one brought to their attention, go "Under Investigation" and then get ignored or the issue closed.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Is this related to the lag in reset of a champion’s medium hit at the end of a combo? If I M-L-L-L-M with certain champs I get destroyed because my champ can’t reset after the second medium attack. It’s quite frustrating and costs health/etc.
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    I’m seeing this bug also. iPhone 6plus. In addition to the specials mentioned, I’ve seen issues trying to dash back while blocking the AI to prevent further block damage
  • LightMagiciansLightMagicians Posts: 42
    I'm having the same issues as OP. Please fix this.

Device: Samsung Galaxy J7
    Model: SM-J700H
    Android Version 6.0.1
    Play on Wi-Fi
    Happens in all game modes
  • LightMagiciansLightMagicians Posts: 42
    YoMoves wrote: »

If they're gonna change it, fine, whatever, but not telling us is an absolute foul on the developer's part.

Actually it's not fine at all!
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    I have been noticing this problem for a while too. I lumped it in with all of the combat mechanics issues. I have noticed that even when the AI does slow combo hits, I cannot go from blocking to evade the way I used to. I am “block-locked” once I block that first attack. The amount of block damage that we take now makes this unacceptable.

It is hard for me to imagine that these changes are unintentional. The timings change in almost every release. I don’t understand how these changes could be accidental, and I definitely don’t understand how these “bugs” aren’t discovered during testing.