**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

No they didn't!!

SmokinSurferSmokinSurfer Posts: 1,191 ★★★
They didn't label the Doc Oc Arena Scientific Method! And Dangerous Hypothesis.

Comments

• SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Marvel works with kabam to help them choose what class for who marvel made doc oc

Just a thought for those raging right now about class choices
  • Berserk_NationBerserk_Nation Posts: 223
    Doc Oc is totally tech with those metal arms. Does Magneto have magnetism over him?
  • EarthEarth Posts: 2
    No he doesn't
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    I would have called the 4* one 'For Science!' and the 3* one 'Scientifically Technical'.

(FWIW, Doc should be Tech, so that is right. But next month needs Science champs badly. No spiders.)
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Dude, being a scientist doesn't make them science champs. His entire character is the metal arms he created and attached to himself. Metal arms are tech, he's tech.

The GG argument for science made much more sense than this one.

Ya that point makes sense because we have no science characters that are science because they designed technology that they then used. Like imagine a science character that was someone who designed a shrink suit that is technologically based or maybe a flying shrink suit that can sting.

I agree GG makes more sense but doc made a lot of sense to make science too and was an opportunity to feed a class needing something and needing new characters.

I don't care to much about this discussion just that point does not line up with current in game rational
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Timone147 wrote: »
    Dude, being a scientist doesn't make them science champs. His entire character is the metal arms he created and attached to himself. Metal arms are tech, he's tech.

Ya that point makes sense because we have no science characters that are science because they designed technology that they then used. Like imagine a science character that was someone who designed a shrink suit that is technologically based or maybe a flying shrink suit that can sting.

I agree GG makes more sense but doc made a lot of sense to make science too and was an opportunity to feed a class needing something and needing new characters.

I don't care to much about this discussion just that point does not line up with current in game rational

Think the kicker there is the use of Pym Particles to alter the size of both characters. I'm not willing to really back this up much as both could easily be considered tech to me, but it does make science reasonable in my eyes for Ant and YJ. Also why I said GG as science makes sense too due to his goblin serum.
  • FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    Uhhh, I think some of you completely missed the OP's intent. He was specifically taking about the NAMES of the ARENAS. Kabam always gives them a name, and it's different based on the 3* Featured, 4* Featured, and Basic.

So, the names he mentioned are Science-related terminology that would have fit perfectly with Doc Oc, but Kabam picked different names.

This had ZERO connection to whether or not Doc Oc should or shouldn't have been Science or Tech class.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★

But attaching them to himself and creating them is science.

Btw I couldn't care what class he is, but just saying Xd
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited August 2017

Ya that is a fair point on the pym particles. And agree GG with the serum makes way more sense.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    They did call the Storm arena "High Pressure System," after all. And if I recall correctly, Black Bolt was "Master Blow," for reference.

Dr. Zola
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Pretty sure the GG arenas were science related names too. We got the joke, just talking about class distinction now @FPC3
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I look at it as science champs rely on chemistry, while tech champs rely on electronic gadgets. GG is borderline both, and really should have been science, but could go either way with his gadgets.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Believe it or not, they ARE going to add more science champs so yeah not a big deal

I don't believe it
  • Bajan_SamuraiBajan_Samurai Posts: 107
    edited August 2017
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Believe it or not, they ARE going to add more science champs so yeah not a big deal

I don't believe it

Lol. End of the day, the naming is minor. As for the classification, I agree with all that state Doc Ock is and should ONLY be TECH class. If he, like Yellow Jacket and Ant-Man, used a breakthrough, unique particle to enhance their abilities (in their case: shrinking) or augmented his physiology somehow through a formula, experiment or accident (Cap, Spidey, Hulk) then he would deserve SCI class. Otherwise he doesn't actually cause chemical explosions, poison or have significant bio enhancements (despite now technically inhabiting a cloned body in the comics).

I agree with others that Green 'Gobby' Goblin should have been SCI, but at least the glider and pumpkin bombs feature heavily and support him being TECH. It does open a better discussion though: having situations where certain champs blur the line. That is, a few champs in each class should have a SUB CLASS condition.

Existing examples are:
    • Karnak - he is in SKILL class due to not being an activated Inhuman, but his expert honed abilities on his base Inhuman physiology was the basis for setting part of his rank up requirements to be COSMIC. Additionally, he builds up Poison resistance in battle, and Poison Immunity is one of the common features in the majority of COSMIC champs
    • Unstoppable Colossus (UC) - he is in MYSTIC class due to the Cyttorak curse, but when duped drops some MUTANT ISO because of his Mutant original form

With that, Kabam should consider creating that case with another few that have strong cases for tip toeing in other classes. Here are some suggested set ups:
    1. Make it a bigger deal to be on the edge, i.e. Karnak's partial COS class set up should give him less of a class disadvantage against MUTANT class, and UC could also have less of a class disadvantage vs SCI
    2. Others that can have partial Secondary Class behaviors are Phoenix (COS, mut), Magik (MYS, mut), Falcon (SKI, tec), Green Goblin (SCI, tec), Cable (MUT, tec), Agent Venom (SKI, cos), Winter Soldier (SKI, tech), YJ & AM (SCI, tec)
    3. Not all have to have the same benefit/effect - Phoenix is one example of switching things up a bit more - She's COSMIC, has these icons appearing on her HUD as she build's charges - after she resurrects, a MUTANT symbol should appear and class relationships should change up (e.g. if fighting a SKILL champ, she should suddenly have higher attack stats after resurrection fromCOS|SKI to MUT>SKI; if fighting MYSTIC champs she would start with a disadvantage from MYS>COS but then resurrect and be neutral from MYS|MUT; against TECH champs that would flip the most since COS>TEC would turn to MUT<TEC; against all others it would always be neutral COS|MUT to MUT|MUT, COS|SCI to MUT|SCI
    4. Some other champ could flip flop starting settings on certain days, or certain times of the day, or under certain conditions (e.g. Moon Knight could take the time based fluctuating abilities one step further and start fights with MYSTIC Stats on Thursdays [since that is Mystic Day]; Falcon could activate TECH stats when he holds Block to scan with Red Wing [this could be made to only trigger vs Mutants]; Magik could trigger Mutant stats every other Limbo event)
    5. The ship having probably sailed on Moon Knight, a more interesting inclusion would be Jack Russell: Werewolf by Night who could literally have two models: one that appears 6am to 5:59pm GMT as Jack with a signature pair of shredded pants, and one from 6pm to 5:59am GMT that appears as the werewolf in the same shredded pants but furry, fanged and clawed. They would count as one champ and could even be interesting to be different for different timezones to each have their local 6 o'clock markers drive the change - some would have human Jack while others have werewolf Jack on a different server.
    6. It's not too late for Goby - when he builds between Madness and Cunning they could have his stats flip flop between SCI and TECH respectively (and maybe change his rank up materials to include Science ISO increased worth and need a Sci catalyst - aside from outcry from those who would complain about already having him ranked up on Tech before)

Kabam should also consider allowing one 5* and one 4* rank down ticket per month that expires if unused in 2 weeks.

I don't believe it

Lol. End of the day, the naming is minor. As for the classification, I agree with all that Doc Ock is and should ONLY be TECH class. If he, like Yellow Jacket and Ant-Man, used a breakthrough, unique particle to enhance their abilities (in their case: shrinking) or augmented his physiology somehow through a formula, experiment or accident (Cap, Spidey, Hulk) then he would deserve SCI class.

I agree with others that Green 'Gobby' Goblin should have been SCI, but at least the glider and pumpkin bombs feature heavily and support him being TECH. It does open a better discussion though: having situations where certain champs blur the line. That is, a few champs in each class should have a SUB CLASS condition.

Existing examples are:
    • Karnak - he is in SKILL class due to not being an activated Inhuman, but his expert honed abilities on his base Inhuman physiology was the basis for setting part of his rank up requirements to be COSMIC. Additionally, he builds up Poison resistance in battle, and Poison Immunity is one of the common features many COSMIC champs
    • Unstoppable Colossus (UC) - he is in MYSTIC class due to the Cyttorak curse, but when duped drops some MUTANT ISO because of his Mutant original form

With that, Kabam should consider creating that case with another few that have strong cases for tip toeing in other classes. Here are some suggested set ups:
    1. Make it a bigger deal to be on the edge, i.e. Karnak's partial COS class set up should give him less of a class disadvantage against MUTANT class, and UC could also have less of a class disadvantage vs SCI
    2. Others that can have partial Secondary Class behaviors are Phoenix (COS, mut), Magik (MYS, mut), Falcon (SKI, tec), Green Goblin (SCI, tec), Cable (MUT, tec), Agent Venom (SKI, cos), Winter Soldier (SKI, tech), YJ & AM (SCI, tec)
    3. Not all have to have the same benefit/effect - Phoenix is one example of switching things up a bit more - She's COSMIC, has these icons appearing on her HUD as she build's charges - after she resurrects, a MUTANT symbol should appear and class relationships should change up (e.g. if fighting a SKILL champ, she should suddenly have higher attack stats after resurrection fromCOS|SKI to MUT>SKI; if fighting MYSTIC champs she would start with a disadvantage from MYS>COS but then resurrect and be neutral from MYS|MUT; against TECH champs that would flip the most since COS>TEC would turn to MUT<TEC; against all others it would always be neutral COS|MUT to MUT|MUT, COS|SCI to MUT|SCI
    4. Some other champ could flip flop starting settings on certain days, or certain times of the day, or under certain conditions (e.g. Moon Knight could take the time based fluctuating abilities one step further and start fights with MYSTIC Stats on Thursdays [since that is Mystic Day]; Falcon could activate TECH stats when he holds Block to scan with Red Wing [this could be made to only trigger vs Mutants]; Magik could trigger Mutant stats every other Limbo event)
    5. It's not too late for Goby - when he builds between Madness and Cunning they could have his stats flip flop between SCI and TECH respectively (and maybe change his rank up materials to include Science ISO increased worth and need a Sci catalyst - aside from outcry from those who would complain Kabam should also consider allowing one 5* and one 4* rank down ticket per month that expires if unused in 2 weeks.)
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    they need to stop adding champs and look into fixing all the issues with the game itself. Then after fixing the game, look into other stuff

I don't believe it

Lol. End of the day, the naming is minor. As for the classification, I agree with all that Doc Ock is and should ONLY be TECH class. If he, like Yellow Jacket and Ant-Man, used a breakthrough, unique particle to enhance their abilities (in their case: shrinking) or augmented his physiology somehow through a formula, experiment or accident (Cap, Spidey, Hulk) then he would deserve SCI class.

Existing examples are:
    • Karnak - he is in SKILL class due to not being an activated Inhuman, but his expert honed abilities on his base Inhuman physiology was the basis for setting part of his rank up requirements to be COSMIC. Additionally, he builds up Poison resistance in battle, and Poison Immunity is one of the common features in the majority of COSMIC champs

5. It's not too late for Goby - when he builds between Madness and Cunning they could have his stats flip flop between SCI and TECH respectively (and maybe change his rank up materials to include Science ISO increased worth and need a Sci catalyst - aside from outcry from those who would complain about already having him ranked up on Tech before)

Kabam should also consider allowing one 5* and one 4* rank down ticket per month that expires if unused in 2 weeks.

I don't believe it

Existing examples are:

5. It's not too late for Goby - when he builds between Madness and Cunning they could have his stats flip flop between SCI and TECH respectively (and maybe change his rank up materials to include Science ISO increased worth and need a Sci catalyst - aside from outcry from those who would complain about already having him ranked up on Tech before)

I don't believe it

Existing examples are:

• SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Afraid not. I asked about Goblin and they said that they had no plans to change his class.
    Sorry for the repeated posts above. The wall disappeared when I was doing some edits, and apparently each attempt to make them show later reposted them.
    unknown wrote: »
    they need to stop adding champs and look into fixing all the issues with the game itself. Then after fixing the game, look into other stuff

I agree. Although I do not think there will ever be a day ALL glitches and "unintentional" effects can be 100% resolved, there are some major ones that are allowed to run way too long. People may not mind a re-run of some of the other, not-so-old, champs in place of some of the brand new ones.

I believe if they cut some of the new releases in half and do an upgrade pack arena for old champs, that might be better. I have many specific examples, but I will use Hawkeye to illustrate the point:
    • New Featured Champ gets introduced - Let's say The Wasp ('Hope Pym' version - movie design)
    • Week 1 they run her Arena twice as usual, Basic champ running concurrently (let's say, Dr. Voodoo)
    • Week 2 they run her arena once, with new concurrent Featured 'SHIELD' Item: 'Upgrade Quiver'
    • This gives the Arena grinding community a split choice: using their 4*s and 5*s for a second shot at the Feature, or to add an Item to their arsenal that benefits an old champ most people have - now he qualifies as a 'new' rare champ, because only the top grinders get that added on ability - in this case, the ability to cause shock and incinerate to non-bleeding champs
    • Week 2 in place of the Mon-Thurs 2nd Featured Champ run, run SHIELD item pack 'Upgraded Quiver' once concurrent with 2nd Mordo as basic arena
    • Week 3 introduce new Featured Champ - OG Wasp ('Janet Van Dyne' version - comic design yellow & black)
    • Run new Basic Champ concurrent with that - Puts everything on 3 every 2 months instead of 4, but can easily drop in an extra arena from time to time to reduce the number going for each.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    You returned to apologise 8 months later?
    Yup. For kicks because I had that message in drafts all along without noticing it never went through til now.