**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

NEBULA SECRET NERF??

Guys, I have noticed that in the past nebula could reduce ability accuracy of robots by 20% for every passive electro shock charge on her, meaning 5 stored charges shut down all robot abilities ie ultron evade and regen, vision power gain etc.

eg. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm-yJlTi5_Q

Now the description has been updated to show that only active charges reduce ability accuracy ie she needs to put shocks on the robot to reduce ability accuracy.

https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-nebula/

Is this done to reduce her effectiveness vs sentinels??
Dear @Kabam Miike kindly clarify.

Comments

• MoFarrMoFarr Posts: 1
    Interesting...didn't realize that
  • Dale_DobacDale_Dobac Posts: 42
    Just dueled a duped OG Vision with mine and he never got his synthesis. Had seven charges and never parried to activate them. Seems to be working fine.
  • gasmaskdudegasmaskdude Posts: 40
    @Dale_Dobac yes it still works vs Ultron, Vision and nebula but doesn't work against sentinels. Will update my post to reflect that.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Secret Nerf of Nebula confirmed.

I checked her old description and it never said active charges. Kabam is so smart.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Secret Nerf of Nebula confirmed.

I checked her old description and it never said active charges. Kabam is so smart.

We have to get screenshots of the old descriptions coz kabam can update them in their spotlight pages. They can easily get away with small details.
    To be honest, I just think the sentinels are broken and nebula is still just fine. Sometimes sentinels will gain charges and sometimes they won’t. While dueling a sentinel it usually works fine. I dueled Diablo282, duped sentinel that was shut down by nebula. In alliance quest however nebula is unable to prevent sentinel from obtaining analysis charges, tested it out with mutant and cosmic sentinels.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Some Sentinels have 100% Ability Reduction, I believe.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    I think five charges simply may not be sufficient. The first charge takes away 20% of a robot's ability. The others do as well. But each consecutive one is not a 'flat' 20%, but rather 20% of the remaining XX%. So charge two leaves the opposition with 64%. The next (third) charge reduces it by another 20%. In this case 20% of the remaining 64%. So 12.8 points. Still 51.2 left to go. Et cetera. I could be wrong though.

• RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    It would fit the mold of how Kabam operates.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    I would love to hear from a Mod on this
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    borntohula wrote: »
    I think five charges simply may not be sufficient. The first charge takes away 20% of a robot's ability. The others do as well. But each consecutive one is not a 'flat' 20%, but rather 20% of the remaining XX%. So charge two leaves the opposition with 64%. The next (third) charge reduces it by another 20%. In this case 20% of the remaining 64%. So 12.8 points. Still 51.2 left to go. Et cetera. I could be wrong though.

I would lean towards this
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Just checked the description on mine. says the same as always "Ability accuracy of robots is reduced by 20% per electroshock charge" doesnt say active charges anywhere

If you look at her champion spotlight it says:
    "Ability Accuracy of Robots is reduced by 20% per active Electroshock Charge."
    "Charges her weapon, generating a passive Electroshock charge every 0.9 seconds."
    "Nebula can reduce the Ability Accuracy of these(robots) Champions with her unique ability, as long as she keeps up the Shock charges on them"
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Never occurred to me the importance of needing to screenshot each champs' ability screen for safe keeping, in order to retrieve from our archive for future comparison for situation like this. Spotlight page still has alot of details, but if we have the exact screenshot, it will be even easier to make direct apple to apple comparison, NO MATTER HOW SMALL the silent edit/change might be.

Hard for each of us to do so admist busy playing and running out of time for real life, but if some hardcore gamers like Trucos, ClanHQ, some famous MCoC sites, some youtubers, etc can have a page specific to this, that will be great for us to check back anytime whenever we have doubt.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Yall need to call down. Thanks for demonstrating the laughability of mob mentality. Quite simply the sentineloids were not coded correctly to be subject to aftershock charges. If you filed a proper bug report it would be addressed.

And if you want to reference how nebula’s ability has not changed contestchampion or seatin will have an archived play test of her you can reference.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Yall need to call down. Thanks for demonstrating the laughability of mob mentality. Quite simply the sentineloids were not coded correctly to be subject to aftershock charges. If you filed a proper bug report it would be addressed.

And if you want to reference how nebula’s ability has not changed contestchampion or seatin will have an archived play test of her you can reference.

Yeah I checked seatin's detail before posting but you are correct, this may just be a sentinel related bug.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    You know what's a good way to break up "mob mentality"?

Addressing their issue. SHIIIIIII no way...
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 407 ★★★
    ik1v4m7kll4a.png
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 407 ★★★
    Mine doesn’t say “active”
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Bugs are not nerfs
    Jakearound wrote: »
    Mine doesn’t say “active”

It never has outside of the champion spotlight.
    68lg0w58r2t9.jpeg
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

Fine one to talk when your joining in with mob mentality by calling them sentineloids like the rest of the mob . Has it got symbiote attached in it, no because there isn't. It's a robot called a sentinel. Really not hard to understand
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

Fine one to talk when your joining in with mob mentality by calling them sentineloids like the rest of the mob . Has it got symbiote attached in it, no because there isn't. It's a robot called a sentinel. Really not hard to understand
    Get a grip guy, there is a huge difference between adopting a term to describe something and adopting a false belief about how something works with no evidence to back it up what so ever. Keep deceiving yourself.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★
    They need a better technical writer.
    Her ability should say ‘Robotic champions suffer 20% current ability accuracy decrease per electroshock charge nebula is holding’.

Stop using passive vs active when you mean passive vs non-passive and active vs inactive. It’s confusing people.
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    They need a better technical writer.
    Her ability should say ‘Robotic champions suffer 20% current ability accuracy decrease per electroshock charge nebula is holding’.

Stop using passive vs active when you mean passive vs non-passive and active vs inactive. It’s confusing people.

Wasn’t this already fixed ages ago by calling them charges vs buffs/debuffs? OML gets berserk charges, converts them to buffs // Gambit gets (name?) charges, converts them to prowess // SSE gets poise charges, converts them to taunts. Nebula gains electroshock charges, converts them to shock DEBUFFS. I’m with you here: what the hell is an “active electroshock charge?” The new language and apparently the way she interacts with Sentinels is kind of stupid and seems “nerfy” to me.
This discussion has been closed.