**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ Sentinels [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Javed_AhmedJaved_Ahmed Posts: 15
    Looks like Kabam replaced symboids with sentinels for some more CASH GRAB. Mystic sentinel is unbearable with its power-gain. All of the sudden sentinel will be at sp3. Before someone tells to use magik. Let me clear one thing, we already use magik in AW and how can we use magik in both AW AQ ?

Coming to Science Sentinel, it all of the sudden special attack becomes unblockable where as nothing is written in the description.

In short, Sentinels are brought into AQ to screw players and grab some money out it. well played KABAM

and also sentinels are IMMUNE and as fight goes on they take less damage. Just think of day 5 in AQ that how easy will be sentinels.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Bet that Medusa arena will be poppin'!
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I can't remember the last time I lost a single champ on Day 1, let alone my entire team. Yeah, this isn't more difficult at all. Give me a break! What a load of B.S.!!!

Then get good
  • JeryG8terJeryG8ter Posts: 71
    Yes they are harder. A lot harder than the symbiote
    The mystic sentinel are the worse and they are on bleed and poison node.

So let’s list the stuff we have to overcome
    Bleed or poison node
    Heal block (nothing new there)
    Fatigue ( because Attack get less and less effective)
    Power gain
    Unblockable sp

I feel I am in modok lab and can’t use the dice to change those buff.

And you can’t counter their so because you have to evade at 2-3 times and you end up too far.
    Yes we will adapt but It’s just day 1 and lots of people struggle because the champ we spend so much resources to rank up are now worthless.
  • Loco24x7Loco24x7 Posts: 68
    A lot champs that everyone has ranked was based on past AQ nodes etc. some the champs are useful but u can not use a wolvie on a Sent. DD would be great option if he hit harder since his nerf he has not been the same. But when I hear guys say I took enormous amount of hits to clear a sent it’s crazy again we got talk about people leaving which sux Bc some of these players have been in same Alliance for 3 years
  • KappaluzzoKappaluzzo Posts: 42
    It is not really about difficulty, it's about fun.

It would be fun, if the Sentinels are like Sym, mimicking champs move & mix things up.

And I'm dying for random champs to fight as well. Gimme that
  • I’ve been playing Contest of Champions now for a little over a year, and I have to admit I truly enjoy this game. Like many of you, I’ve been irked over the last many months about the various bugs, gameplay issues, freezing & lag problems, and other random game issues that occur. Despite how frustrating those can be I’ve always been willing to take the good with the bad and press onward.

However with all of that said, I know I am not alone when I say that the AQ changes are nothing short or infuriating. Here is a short breakdown of just one of the most obvious problems with the recent change:

Difficulty
    The Problem: The Alliance Quest is one of the first and most significant ways a player begins to build their roster, skill level, and overall gameplay and technical prowess. This is also true for veteran players as well. For a large portion of the player base AQ is main source of their alliances ability to progress and grow. We all accept that depending on the map you choose that each map has inherent difficultly. With that said, and as an example, if Map 5 had a difficulty rating of 5 (for a 10 million rated alliance) it now easily has a difficulty rating of 7 or higher depending on how skilled or lucky the players in that alliance may be. Regardless everyone agrees that Sentinels are a much more difficult fight and a drastic difference when compared to their predecessors. For MANY alliances this now means that players are now forced to spend units on revives, potions and other resources to maintain previous milestones.

The Possible Solution(s):
    *Lessen the abilities & power of the sentinels.
    *Increase the number of regular champions in areas where the sentinels were previously located
    *Add alliance revives and alliance potions as a 100% completion reward for a full 5 day 100% completion. (E.g. Each player receives 2 lvl2 Alliance team revives for completing AQ 100% for all 5 days, and the team receives 3 level 3 alliance health potions for killing the main boss within 20 hours of each daily event for all 5 days. Etc.)
    *Final solution, just bring back the Symboids.

I don’t know anyone who likes the new changes. Please Kabam, we all enjoy this game, but this looks like an untested money grab, even if that’s not what you intended. Help us and give us reason to not throw in the towel by at the very least listening to our concerns. Thank you for your consideration.

Terrorbane
    SSx2
    the entire premise of this is based on one thing. Sentinels' difficulty. It's DAY 1 and you fight the same sentinel at least 6 times every day. that's 30 times a week. You'd think that by the 20th time or so, you would have figured it out...right. This makes AQ easier by ten folds! plus, they gave us Halls of Healing so you can account for your short term learning curve
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Seeing recurring threads on this subject is also boring.

We agree 😂
    Hey gang -

Just wanted to drop by and thank you for the feedback on this one. We'll be sharing your thoughts with the rest of the team.

Please don’t! Because it isn’t boring! Everyone’s just trying anything to get them out because they can’t bleed or be poisoned!

It’s silly! Just keep them in! We can all put our batman voice on at the start of a fight and say...

“tell me, do you bleeeeed”
  • Hey everyone -

I've merged a couple threads into this larger one so we can keep all the feedback together.

We'll be sharing everything with the rest of the team.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Hey gang -

Just wanted to drop by and thank you for the feedback on this one. We'll be sharing your thoughts with the rest of the team.

Please don’t! Because it isn’t boring! Everyone’s just trying anything to get them out because they can’t bleed or be poisoned!

It’s silly! Just keep them in! We can all put our batman voice on at the start of a fight and say...

“tell me, do you bleeeeed”

It is damn boring to fight Sentineloids. Long fights against the same exact fighting style, just with some abilities changed around. It's bad enough we tend to fight multiples of the same Champ over the course of a map (my paths have me fighting 2-3 Skill chumps, 2 Science chumps, 2 GP, 2 AV, 2 RR, maybe some more skill chumps at end depending on who gets there first). Now all of those chump fights feel the same, and the Sentineloid fighting style/AI seems very defensive and clunky, with weird ways of fighting that make the battle drag on even longer if you don't have a high-power champ to smash them with, a situation many Alliances will find themselves in when War is going.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    The skill sentinels are ridiculously hard - purify / debuff immune but they can't be pushed back into a corner without giving them analysis charges, you can't intercept without giving them analysis charges, you can't prep a team easily since they are mixed between lanes where you need other non-mutant champs to clear that lane, they have immunity to damage from mutant champs that can regen and deal with their high output.. told Kabam this would be an issue (again) and they just don't listen
  • Spart3nSpart3n Posts: 36
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    the entire premise of this is based on one thing. Sentinels' difficulty. It's DAY 1 and you fight the same sentinel at least 6 times every day. that's 30 times a week. You'd think that by the 20th time or so, you would have figured it out...right. This makes AQ easier by ten folds! plus, they gave us Halls of Healing so you can account for your short term learning curve

Why are you posting again saying it is easier after 20 fights? I mean its Day 1 and you only fight the sentinel 6 times every day? how did you get 20 fights in? It sounds like you are making things up or playing other users accounts. Honestly, people are complaining about day 1 because we know how it scales to day5. Halls healing are great but they end and we are stuck with this AQ.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    If you don't want to fight AQ Sentinels, you can always do map 6 full time.
  • Faru916Faru916 Posts: 12
    edited April 2018
    I have been playing for years. It took a long time and a lot of money to build up my team. Now my team is fairly useless. Why? Because I have a bleed team. With sentinels being bleed immune, my masteries and top champs are now a total waste. Am I alone in being really mad about this? If kabam made power drain teams ineffective there would be a player strike. So let's hear your voice if you feel your bleed champs have be unfairly castrated.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    If you've been playing for years you should other teams also.
    edited April 2018
    How many R4 5 stars do you have?
    That's what I thought.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    4 r4s and 1 r5.
  • Faru916 wrote: »
    I have been playing for years. It took a long time and a lot of money to build up my team. Now my team is fairly useless. Why? Because I have a bleed team. With sentinels being bleed immune, my masteries and top champs are now a total waste. Am I alone in being really mad about this? If kabam made power drain teams ineffective there would be a player strike. So let's hear your voice if you feel your bleed champs have be unfairly castrated.
    Nah I have a 5* rank 4 x-23 and I’m not the least bit upset. In fact she might be my next rank 5
    Spart3n wrote: »
    mum_m2 wrote: »

Why are you posting again saying it is easier after 20 fights? I mean its Day 1 and you only fight the sentinel 6 times every day? how did you get 20 fights in? It sounds like you are making things up or playing other users accounts. Honestly, people are complaining about day 1 because we know how it scales to day5. Halls healing are great but they end and we are stuck with this AQ.

because math....you have 5 aq's every week. 6 times a day. sounds like you just come here and comment on nonsense. by the time we get to day 4 or 5 everyone will start complaining about how repetitive it is to fight these things. everyone will be laughing at themselves, taking back what they said because everyone now has a handle on it.

and if you're not getting better at fighting someone after a few tries, then you should try a different game. go use your duel credits and find nathan or whatever his name is with the 5* sentinel.
  • ZappZapp Posts: 69
    Just took 50% blocked damage from a single Sentinel. They sure aren’t harder the Symbiods...
    Zapp wrote: »
    Just took 50% blocked damage from a single Sentinel. They sure aren’t harder the Symbiods...

Why you just standing there blocking though!?

You take block damage from everything...

Parry, evade, intercept. Don’t just stay there holding block lol
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    Day two, and it already feels like a much bigger chore than ever before. Like fighting mud, disguised as lollipops, colored in by my three year old. Sluggish, boring and tough fights. Hating it with a vengeance.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    Nebula will be good for all classes if sentinels. Get 5 shock charges and none of their abilities work

Nope. She doesn’t work well at all. Tried it. No dice. Stark Spidey and Hype both do better.

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Medusa and Stark were my go-to champs during the monthly event.

That being said, that Skill Sentinel is a huge pain in the ass...
This discussion has been closed.