**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are Synergies Ever gonna work on AW Defense... Ever?

HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
For years now I have based so many of my defensive rankup choices on Synergy with other AW Defenders.

What a shock it was to find out synergy doesnt even work in AW Defense. I mean a real WTF moment. Sooo many resources invested, including real money. Just to have the rug pulled out from under me years later.

Is this ever gonna get fixed? I mean its a pretty big deal...dontcha think??

Comments

• RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    We've been wondering since Jan 9th.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Right after pure skill gets fixed..
  • Robby199696Robby199696 Posts: 85
    Once they bring back alliance bases
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    I kind of understand both sides here. On one hand, I view synergies as abilities like everyone else, so if I’m fighting Medusa, I’m considering the possibility she might get 6 furies instead of 3. But the long-term implications of unique synergies are such that a single champ may have many, many unique synergies with new champs as they are released. Right now this isn’t the case, and maybe not soon, but in the future there’s a good chance you may face a champ with a large handful of unique defensive synergies in war and won’t be able to remember them all in the time between the words “Ready” and “Fight.”
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    catching people off guard...???? Does that mean kabam is considering showing all of the champs (again)?

I’d rather not see the nodes and not even see the class of the champs. You take a path with known buffs/debuffs. You understand champs have synergies which come into affect. Other than synergies not working, what’s the problem?

I won’t ask “why” aren’t they working, but can you provide a rough estimate of when this issue should be resolved? 1 week, 1 month, 1 year? It’s not binding but allows us players an idea so we can base some of our rank ups accordingly.
    The short answer is yes. But this is not going to be a quick or easy fix. Aside from having to fix the issue that we're having with synergies not working, there is a bigger issue at hand that needs to be addressed as well. With new Unique synergies that supply enhanced abilities, there could be some unexpected surprises when you're fighting a Defender that you didn't know had a Synergy active.

You could be part way through a fight against Hulk (Ragnarok) when suddenly, his SMASH attack becomes Unblockable because he has a synergy with Thor (Ragnarok) that you didn't know was active. Now, we're not saying that this is a bad thing, but we want to give players the chance to be prepared for these kinds of things. We're currently exploring ways that we can do this.

So, yes, we are working on fixing this, but unfortunately, there is more to this issue than just what it seems like on the surface.

This is fantastic. few small paragraphs is all it takes to bring the community out of the dark.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike
    There is no reason to reveal synergies;
    Knowledgeable players know the potential synergies their opponent may have.
    Smart players do not underestimate their foe.
    Strategical players will notify their team that player X is running a certain synergy.
    It’s important to reward players for more than just their skill and roster.

Ok, let's say I'm knowledgeable, smart and strategic and I remember every unique synergy ever released and I don't underestimate my foe (not sure how that's going to help). Now tell me how I'm supposed to know that the science champ on the bleed node is going to be an antman with thorns? Even if I know that, how am I supposed to counter that antman? The only champ that stops glancing is AA and he isn't bleed immune
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    I believe that the best option for this matter is creating synergys for AW defense for champions that one would not normally bring to AW defense. It would make the game indeed interesting and for the top players not know what to expect for AW like they always do. Indeed would be interesting.
  • Joshkc662Joshkc662 Posts: 25
    Good stuff. I agree that they should work for defenders, but that you shouldn't have to keep a mental encyclopedia of an ever-expanding web of synergies. Every time a new hero came out you would have to memorize everything, and that's a bridge too far, even for "serious" players. Imagine a new alliance wanting to try AW and learning that they have to memorize every synergy in the game as the cost of entry. It's just not reasonable.

If kabam can figure out a ui prompt for synergies, you'll at least be able to sit there and deliberate for a second to prep for the fight just like you would with a node. Some of the synergy effects are more obvious that others, and you shouldn't have to spend the whole fight wondering if it's active or not.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    The short answer is yes. But this is not going to be a quick or easy fix. Aside from having to fix the issue that we're having with synergies not working, there is a bigger issue at hand that needs to be addressed as well. With new Unique synergies that supply enhanced abilities, there could be some unexpected surprises when you're fighting a Defender that you didn't know had a Synergy active.

You could be part way through a fight against Hulk (Ragnarok) when suddenly, his SMASH attack becomes Unblockable because he has a synergy with Thor (Ragnarok) that you didn't know was active. Now, we're not saying that this is a bad thing, but we want to give players the chance to be prepared for these kinds of things. We're currently exploring ways that we can do this.

So, yes, we are working on fixing this, but unfortunately, there is more to this issue than just what it seems like on the surface.

You guys must of know synergies were not working for a very long time before the community rumbled they weren't.

Are we talking 2 months time, 6 months time or bases time ?
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    It'll be fixed around AW season 5 or 6
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

I know that "Inhuman Royal Family" pops up in arena when thet is active, why not have all unique synergies pop up at the start of each fight?
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike
    There is no reason to reveal synergies;
    Knowledgeable players know the potential synergies their opponent may have.
    Smart players do not underestimate their foe.
    Strategical players will notify their team that player X is running a certain synergy.
    It’s important to reward players for more than just their skill and roster.

Ok, let's say I'm knowledgeable, smart and strategic and I remember every unique synergy ever released and I don't underestimate my foe (not sure how that's going to help). Now tell me how I'm supposed to know that the science champ on the bleed node is going to be an antman with thorns? Even if I know that, how am I supposed to counter that antman? The only champ that stops glancing is AA and he isn't bleed immune

There are many ways to tell who you might be fighting. Look at the character profile of you were are facing. Does he have an AntMan on his profile? Are you about to fight a science champion? Is that science champion good on the node you are about to fight? Has anyone else already fought an Antman?

There are many things you can do to have a better idea of your match up.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    The best way to do it would be to leave the nodes as ? And then after the first death all the synergy information should be made available. To be honest some of the synergies are gonna be kind of OP but I’m not sure why this is just occurring to Kabam.

I still find it pretty annoying that champs such as dorm, hood and mordo are being phased out of the meta and never even had a chance to function as intended. Guys who invested in feature 5* crystals and 150 unit 4* scratch tickets had a broken product right from the start and worse yet is when players began to speculate that dark empowerment didn’t work Kabam was quick to say that it was and move on. They continue to release champs with AWD geared synergies and only higher tier players are in the loop enough to be aware that they never worked. Kabam hasn’t done enough to let the players know it’s not working and only a small percentage frequent the forums. We keep talking about transparency and communication and this is yet another failure by Kabam on that front.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Maybe kabam could stop making bigger issues with each update and have time to fix this just a bit of wishful thinking
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    The unique Synergies should be disabled on defenders until all of them are tested on all Nodes.
    At minimum there should be some notification for the attacker for a unique synergy. Showing class and "unique synergy active" before attacking isn't giving anything away.

Anyone who wants a free for all needs to read through the synergy guide.
    You can give any defender a 100% chance to revive at 20% Health. How about unblockable Hulk when below 25% health.

Be careful what you ask for. So many wonderful surprises to kill us without any warning. All so we can use our resources and then complain in this forum about all these new BS "bugs"... That are working as intended.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    With new Unique synergies that supply enhanced abilities, there could be some unexpected surprises when you're fighting a Defender that you didn't know had a Synergy active.

You could be part way through a fight against Hulk (Ragnarok) when suddenly, his SMASH attack becomes Unblockable because he has a synergy with Thor (Ragnarok) that you didn't know was active.

@Kabam Miike what you describe isn't an issue, or a side effect. It's exactly what we want to happen.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    Champs are already hidden with the exception to the class. I think that is plenty of info for us to use. Being ambushed by an unexpected opponent vs ambushed w/ synergies... While it makes nodes more difficult, your skill, what fighting style/method you use to attack and the attack champ you bring will more likely determine the outcome of the match than synergies existing. Summoners should be aware of what synergies exist, how they work, etc. Those that know can come up with good strategies to combat it, those that don't, well good luck.

If synergies are that much of a game changer, I'd personally like to see nodes ramped down slightly w/ synergies added to potentially offset the node ramp down. This benefits the players that can put a good synergy'd team together on defense and knows how to deal with such teams when attacking.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    With new Unique synergies that supply enhanced abilities, there could be some unexpected surprises when you're fighting a Defender that you didn't know had a Synergy active.

You could be part way through a fight against Hulk (Ragnarok) when suddenly, his SMASH attack becomes Unblockable because he has a synergy with Thor (Ragnarok) that you didn't know was active.

@Kabam Miike what you describe isn't an issue, or a side effect. It's exactly what we want to happen.

This. As long as both sides can do it, it stays fair.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    I really don't get why this is taking so long to fix other team based games with multiplayer that uses syenergy or team bonuses and other things work fine with surprise's and challenges which we want.

It's not that big of an issue you designed the champions, you designed the syenergies so we can use them to strengthen our teams and then made some unquie ones with interesting possible effects which we know could happen because we can look up the possible syenergies and what may happen if we fight them.

Yea if the champions are hidden we can get surprised and certain things can happen in a fight due to syenergies but that's kinda the point.

I don't get why you broke them or disabled them or whatever in the first place just work on bringing them into war and let it be like it should be.

Because as it stands now you're throwing a big part of team building and placement out of the window because something you designed is causing some problems that you don't understand or think we aren't ready for which really doesn't make sense to me.

Why put this in the game and let us build a war defense if one of the important things just suddenly stopped working and had been broken for months and the people who made the game and the all the systems act like it's somekind of giant puzzle that they can not fix even though it was working fine beforehand.

Not sure what you did but it seems to me that you are literally over thinking it, just fix it and then fix the rest of your game.