**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ Sentinels [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    I am getting past them with GP, I mean it’s a really easy fight.

I genuinely don’t see the big deal.

I could understand if they were all like Modoks or something, but it’s just a robot which is tall, and a simple sp1 to evade.

Nothing to it.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Jestress wrote: »
    Symbioids were annoying and their movements were sporadic. I think the sentinels are easier. At least you don't have to guess what their special will look like.
    If you didn't know symboid special attacks then you were hardly playing aq
    If you played aq constantly you would know how all symboids fight

I'm betting that statement pissed you off
    That's how some feel when someone comes here saying sentinels are easy just get better at the game
    Pathetic
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    I am getting past them with GP, I mean it’s a really easy fight.

I genuinely don’t see the big deal.

I could understand if they were all like Modoks or something, but it’s just a robot which is tall, and a simple sp1 to evade.

Nothing to it.

That's basically how I could describe the power gain Hood, except he is shorter.
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    IanMoone89 wrote: »
    lets all be real here reason why sentiels are now the replacement is bc they saw a drop in revenue on AQ as many ppl were using regen champs saving them items....they had no way to introduce them till last month event quest giving them a chance to change up the map.

Why you think they released hall of potions wasnt bc they were generous alll of a sudden its bc they know come day 3-5 items will be used boosting their AQ revenue back up.

Doesnt take a genius to notice when the well starts to dry up and to replenish it is by bringing other ways
    I believe that Kabam didn't predict how difficult it would be to face sentinels in allies with more than 6.4k starting prestige. If I can accept that day one is always the most challenging day because we don't have the mechanisms to overcome this new changes, I must also state that these Sentinels aren't as easy as most people are saying.

Plus, the gameplay it's awful and Sentinels are making damage through block even when they don't have the necessary levels to do it.

Probably Kabam's intention is to drag people to m6 and force us to grind more and more for resources. It's a genius solution.

If the current ai in the game wasn’t so messed up, than maybe there would be less complaining. Just think about how the enemies were like 4 months ago to now...big difference. Less baiting opportunities because the ai acts less aggressive, but a bit aggressive at the same time. It’s balanced pretty poorly.

same behavior in Arena as well they fight too aggressive everyone notices but as always we get same answer no changes were made....that B.S. can go so far before getting old lol
  • ZappZapp Posts: 69
    Zapp wrote: »
    Just took 50% blocked damage from a single Sentinel. They sure aren’t harder the Symbiods...

Why you just standing there blocking though!?

You take block damage from everything...

Parry, evade, intercept. Don’t just stay there holding block lol

Evade is broken, try it for yourself. Also the Sentinels are extremely passive, no attack no parry. I took the damage mostly from blocking specials, not much you can do about that right now

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    IanMoone89 wrote: »
    If the current ai in the game wasn’t so messed up, than maybe there would be less complaining. Just think about how the enemies were like 4 months ago to now...big difference. Less baiting opportunities because the ai acts less aggressive, but a bit aggressive at the same time. It’s balanced pretty poorly.

same behavior in Arena as well they fight too aggressive everyone notices but as always we get same answer no changes were made....that B.S. can go so far before getting old lol

Actually, while I have noticed changes in general regarding the AI over the past year or so, I haven't noticed any dramatic difference recently. The Sentinels appear to behave a little differently than the Syms did, but that seems to be a product of the AI in general being more varied across different kinds of NPC critters and not something particular to the Sentinels.

In particular, I haven't noticed the arena combattants being more aggressive than in the past. If anything, they are sometimes weirdly non-aggressive, sometimes to the point of not even using any specials even when they reach three bars if baited long enough. But that's something that started happening quite a while ago.

I asked about this once, and the reply I got was consistent with the notion that Kabam is not going to comment on AI changes in general. For some reason AI changes don't fall into their "policy" of commenting on player-facing game changes. I have no idea why.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It’s not even that hard. “It’s not fair to bleed teams”. Sucks to suck if you invested your college fund into deep wounds but you had well over a month to prepare and get ability accuracy champs and armor break champs. I haven’t had any trouble with them with Medusa and Elektra works fine as well. It’s a new way to play, so make like an adaptoid and change to fit the situation. I really don’t get all the whining. I remember people saying “AQ is too easy. It’s getting stale” Now it’s harder and requires different champs so take Medusa off the AWD bench and put her in AQ.
  • It’s not even that it’s harder. Everyone was on cruise control. Now they actually have to use skills and it’s just showing people are fighting at a lvl they don’t belong. Everyone was used to just beating on the syms as fast as u could. Now u have to use different combos. Don’t keep doing the same things. Git gud
  • AxFrost21AxFrost21 Posts: 19
    The only problem is the sentinels are passive AF. Its very easy to get pushed back against the wall while baiting specials and their unblockable specials just make it more annoying. Just increase their aggressiveness and they're easy to manage @Kabam Miike
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    better rewards will make everyone embrace those stupid sentinels in aq
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    BigTime wrote: »
    AQ got harder, rewards didn’t get better. I would love an argument as to why sentinels are easier than symbiods. Especially given the class influences.

We all know that a large portion of the population is going to struggle with this for a minute and use resources. That is how a resource grab works.

So to those of you that think you are awesome and say “git gud” I say this, just because YOU may be better does NOT invalidate what people experiencing.

Kabam should have provided better rewards instead of just making things harder. It doesn’t make people cry babies or snowflakes to ask for this and discuss their difficulties.

How about you explain HOW they are harder? This thread is full of reasons why they AREN'T harder, so how about you give reasons why they are.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Let's see what the differences are:
    1. Globally, Sentinels are bleed & poison immune. IIRC, only the Mutant symbiod was bleed immune. Sentinels are in a way harder because several champs have low attack damage to offset their bleed/poison damage (see wolverine & AA). No bleed = longer fights = more damage potentially taken. To be fair, taking AA into a fight is a lot harder against Dormammu than it is against Magik because his damage output is based on his ability to bleed. That's not to say you can't beat Dorm, you'll just need a lot more hits to do it. Not every will have a dozen champs to choose from, they ranked who was good at the time, now the target moved and they're now at a disadvantage again.
    2. Skill Sentinel - essentially debuff immune whereas the skill symbiod could be debuffed (parry, armor break, DOT)
    3. Symbiods used special attacks identical to known champs in the game. Sentinels have unique special attacks which cross the entire screen. Animations harder to evade now due to learning curve, but in the long term won't be an issue.
    4. Symbiods could essentially be fought using any fighting style you wanted with any combo you wanted (parry, heavy, MLLLL, intercept). Sentinels punish you for repeated hits (i.e. MLLLL combos), forcing more specific play styles. Punishments include inflicting debuffs through blocked hits, power gain, & power burn

To say this is a minor change would be incorrect as this applies to 45 out of the 112 fights an alliance will face in Map 5 (40%).

Maybe Map 5 needed to be made harder. Maybe too many allies were jumping from Map 3 to Map 5. It seems very few allies run map 4, and that can be attributed to Maps 3& 5 being so close in difficulty levels, plus if you're willing to pay for Map 4, might as well do 5 for the better payouts.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    It’s not even that hard. “It’s not fair to bleed teams”. Sucks to suck if you invested your college fund into deep wounds but you had well over a month to prepare and get ability accuracy champs and armor break champs. I haven’t had any trouble with them with Medusa and Elektra works fine as well. It’s a new way to play, so make like an adaptoid and change to fit the situation. I really don’t get all the whining. I remember people saying “AQ is too easy. It’s getting stale” Now it’s harder and requires different champs so take Medusa off the AWD bench and put her in AQ.

Over a month to prepare? Really? We had less than two weeks to prepare genius.
  • Juggz32Juggz32 Posts: 9
    Personally i dont mind all that much, its a little bit different and will take some time to learn all the class specific abilities and how to counter them but thats just apart of the game, they are awkward at first but you can learn when to evade and parry quite easily when it decides to work. The only thing that bothers me is that they seem to be bugged to certain possible counters which really needs to be investigated and resolved or at least clarified so we can move on. Counters such as nebulas ability accuracy reduction, shrugging off armor shatter and true strike not bypassing armor and resistances. All great counters which people have noted and i have experienced as bugged or not working as intended! Other than that at least its different i guess!
  • PlagueisBanePlagueisBane Posts: 232
    edited April 2018
    easy gameplay and content = less profits

hard gameplay and content = more profits

remember this is a business where people actually pay real money for essentially what are moving pictures w/ sounds they can control,

Hook, Line and Sinker.

Simple, really...
  • TaimurKhanTaimurKhan Posts: 119
    Sentinels are ****. They just killed all the fun we were having in aq.
  • Gwm83Gwm83 Posts: 72
    The sentinels are way over powered....it's ridiculous. They basically put a stop to the wolverines in aq. Good job kabam. What a joke, another money grab. Spend those units so you can buy more
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    Gwm83 wrote: »
    The sentinels are way over powered....it's ridiculous. They basically put a stop to the wolverines in aq. Good job kabam. What a joke, another money grab. Spend those units so you can buy more

Learn their animations man, they are slow with them, they aren't hard at all once you get the animations down. Evade specials and intercept attacks.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    BigTime wrote: »
    AQ got harder, rewards didn’t get better. I would love an argument as to why sentinels are easier than symbiods. Especially given the class influences.

We all know that a large portion of the population is going to struggle with this for a minute and use resources. That is how a resource grab works.

So to those of you that think you are awesome and say “git gud” I say this, just because YOU may be better does NOT invalidate what people experiencing.

Kabam should have provided better rewards instead of just making things harder. It doesn’t make people cry babies or snowflakes to ask for this and discuss their difficulties.

How about you explain HOW they are harder? This thread is full of reasons why they AREN'T harder, so how about you give reasons why they are.

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/60309/alliance-quest-refresh-impact-concerns#latest

Just read this. I'm all about them, just kinda ehh about them not moving up the rewards. Sentinels are not easy for the majority of players.
  • Javed_AhmedJaved_Ahmed Posts: 15
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Looks like Kabam replaced symboids with sentinels for some more CASH GRAB. Mystic sentinel is unbearable with its power-gain. All of the sudden sentinel will be at sp3. Before someone tells to use magik. Let me clear one thing, we already use magik in AW and how can we use magik in both AW AQ ?

Coming to Science Sentinel, it all of the sudden special attack becomes unblockable where as nothing is written in the description.

In short, Sentinels are brought into AQ to screw players and grab some money out it. well played KABAM

They don't have sp3

Science Sentinel in stage 2 on map5 has sp3. Go check it.
  • I don’t see why we have to Sentinels or Syms in abundance. Just some of the huge amounts of characters we already had in the game.
  • Viper013Viper013 Posts: 88
    I am ok with increasing difficulty of alliance quest in the name of change. But where is the increase in rewards? Why should we have to face more difficult opponents if we are getting same rewards?
  • Viper013Viper013 Posts: 88
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Feeney234 wrote: »
    Yet another poorly executed move by Kabam. This is terrible and MUST be addressed. Clearly lots of people are unhappy with this so Kabam should really consider throwing the players a bone of they intend to keep this going. If not, revert AQ back to what it was and focus on an entirely new season of AQ.

This isnt an attempt to "refresh" AQ, clearly this is a ploy to make it harder while offering nothing in return. HORRIBLE

Why throw us a bone? Its their game. They can make any change they want regardless of what your opinion is. Either adapt and keep playing or quit. I dont see the problem and none of the arguments aginst the sentinels have held up. You will learn how to counter them just like any other content in the game.

If i have to adapt to something more difficult then i would like to be rewarded for my adaptation. Otherwise its just nonsense that its only we who should adapt and kabam will keep giving same rewards.
  • ZappZapp Posts: 69
    edited April 2018
    *nervermind*
  • Javed_AhmedJaved_Ahmed Posts: 15
    why does the Science Sentinel (bleed path, stage 2, map5) has special 3 activated. where as all the sentinels are supposed to be have sp2 at max ?
This discussion has been closed.