**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Refresh (impact/concerns)

A fellow player stated in a comment “I think what the community would like to see is an intelligent response to all of the negative feedback”. What they are referring to is the changes to Alliance Quest. I’m sure someone out there can come up with a more insightful response or general feedback to this Alliance Quest update but I will try to be as discerning and perceptive as possible. Of course if there’s anything anyone else would like to add, please do so.

In my most humble opinion, the changes in Alliance Quest bosses isn’t something we should really complain about. I believe that everyone knew that there would be more difficult and convenient bosses in the future. With that being said, that part of the change was inevitable and also nothing one should complain about. Now onto the “juicy stuff” haha, it has come to my attention that many people including a major part of Kabam believe that the difficulty of Alliance Quest has not increased with the introduction of Sentinel/Sentineloids. What you guys need to understand is that this update doesn’t only affect Bleed and Poison champions but all champions and players (if not changed) indefinitely.

In my opinion the biggest concern the playerbase has is the fact that Kabam in our opinion had increased the difficulty of Alliance Quest significantly without changing and/or updating the rewards at all. We can all say that Sentinels are the end for bleed/poison champions like Wolverine X-23 and Gwenpool and that Sentinels will make it more challenging for players with specific masteries, that’s a given. Besides the fact that a good percentage of Map 4 and 5 Alliances use Bleed and Poison champions, in many others eyes, Sentinel makes it difficult for the gran majority of champions. Knowing Sentinel is nerfed in AQ, he is still quite difficult with the abilities he currently has in comparison to the Symbioids we encountered prior to this change:

-Learning capability whenever (if not most of the time) they are hit
-Addicional bar of power (knowing their special three is not activated)
-Passive purify ability in which any damage debuff placed on them gets immediately purified no matter what class they are (not sure if nerfed but with my encounters, Sentineliods purify parrys every now and then giving me the opinion that this is still intact).
-Bleed/Poison immune
-More health and armor in comparison to a Symbioid (not 100% positive)

With this being said, I believe that the only thing that seems to be effective are passive debuffs from power control champs. Power lock/steal seems to be the only debuffs known to not have a chance in being purified meaning Power Control Champions are the only ones truly effective on them. Of course this would be the case in most of Alliance Quest except in the debuff immunity path where only power steal seems to work.

Now the reason why this makes Alliance Quest more difficult and challenging is because one on average doesn’t fight 1-2 Sentineliods in AQ, one on average fights 3-6 (depending on what paths they decide to take or have been given). In addition, we all know day 4 and 5 of Alliance Quest are the most challenging and to some quite difficult by themselves. With Sentineloids instead of Symbioids, it affects more than anything day 4 and 5 of AQ. And this indeed will cause Alliances to drop in AQ rank, decreasing their rewards and just cause great frustration in the community.

This change (in my opinion) has made Alliance Quest more of a chore and not a fun part of Marvel Contest of Champions as it used to be. The Symbioid was fun to fight for me, I enjoyed the animations and the fights in general. Sentinels to me are just annoying to fight and cause quite a bit of frustration turning AQ to be what I stated prior… Likewise, the Sentineloid will cause players to learn its animations and within time defeat it more easily. What that will cause/has caused, is for the Alliance members that have obtained 4-6 star Sentinels to see that players are passing through them with ease a lot more frequently than they had before the change in Alliance Quest. Basically Sentinels won’t be a top tier AW defense option as they used to be, causing frustration to (in my opinion) the guys who have pulled Sentinel from their 6 star crystal/s.

I hope you hear what I have to say and take it into consideration to making any updates to this change in Alliance Quest if not at least have you guys think twice before making big changes.

P.S: Halls of Healing was appreciated

Comments

• ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    As stated before if anyone wants to add anything please do so.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Good luck. Your message is to long. Thanks for actually using paragraphs though.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    A fellow player stated in a comment “I think what the community would like to see is an intelligent response to all of the negative feedback”. What they are referring to is the changes to Alliance Quest. I’m sure someone out there can come up with a more insightful response or general feedback to this Alliance Quest update but I will try to be as discerning and perceptive as possible. Of course if there’s anything anyone else would like to add, please do so.

In my most humble opinion, the changes in Alliance Quest bosses isn’t something we should really complain about. I believe that everyone knew that there would be more difficult and convenient bosses in the future. With that being said, that part of the change was inevitable and also nothing one should complain about. Now onto the “juicy stuff” haha, it has come to my attention that many people including a major part of Kabam believe that the difficulty of Alliance Quest has not increased with the introduction of Sentinel/Sentineloids. What you guys need to understand is that this update doesn’t only affect Bleed and Poison champions but all champions and players (if not changed) indefinitely.

In my opinion the biggest concern the playerbase has is the fact that Kabam in our opinion had increased the difficulty of Alliance Quest significantly without changing and/or updating the rewards at all. We can all say that Sentinels are the end for bleed/poison champions like Wolverine X-23 and Gwenpool and that Sentinels will make it more challenging for players with specific masteries, that’s a given. Besides the fact that a good percentage of Map 4 and 5 Alliances use Bleed and Poison champions, in many others eyes, Sentinel makes it difficult for the gran majority of champions. Knowing Sentinel is nerfed in AQ, he is still quite difficult with the abilities he currently has in comparison to the Symbioids we encountered prior to this change:

-Passive purify ability in which any damage debuff placed on them gets immediately purified no matter what class they are (not sure if nerfed but with my encounters, Sentineliods purify parrys every now and then giving me the opinion that this is still intact).
    -Bleed/Poison immune

With this being said, I believe that the only thing that seems to be effective are passive debuffs from power control champs. Power lock/steal seems to be the only debuffs known to not have a chance in being purified meaning Power Control Champions are the only ones truly effective on them. Of course this would be the case in most of Alliance Quest except in the debuff immunity path where only power steal seems to work.

Now the reason why this makes Alliance Quest more difficult and challenging is because one on average doesn’t fight 1-2 Sentineliods in AQ, one on average fights 3-6 (depending on what paths they decide to take or have been given). In addition, we all know day 4 and 5 of Alliance Quest are the most challenging and to some quite difficult by themselves. With Sentineloids instead of Symbioids, it affects more than anything day 4 and 5 of AQ. And this indeed will cause Alliances to drop in AQ rank, decreasing their rewards and just cause great frustration in the community.

This change (in my opinion) has made Alliance Quest more of a chore and not a fun part of Marvel Contest of Champions as it used to be. The Symbioid was fun to fight for me, I enjoyed the animations and the fights in general. Sentinels to me are just annoying to fight and cause quite a bit of frustration turning AQ to be what I stated prior… Likewise, the Sentineloid will cause players to learn its animations and within time defeat it more easily. What that will cause/has caused, is for the Alliance members that have obtained 4-6 star Sentinels to see that players are passing through them with ease a lot more frequently than they had before the change in Alliance Quest. Basically Sentinels won’t be a top tier AW defense option as they used to be, causing frustration to (in my opinion) the guys who have pulled Sentinel from their 6 star crystal/s.

I hope you hear what I have to say and take it into consideration to making any updates to this change in Alliance Quest if not at least have you guys think twice before making big changes.

can we get a tldr please?

but yes changes in aq should include upping rewards tbh
    edited April 2018

As I said before the least they can do is up rewards.

-Bleed/Poison immune

can we get a tldr please?

but yes changes in aq should include upping rewards tbh

• BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    Excellent post OP and well stated.

It doesn’t belong on a forum where people frequently call others names and sling trash all day. This isn’t the post we deserved but the one we needed.
  • OK tl;dr we were told that aq was not increasing in difficulty, but the current iteration of sentinals in aq are far harder to fight than the symbiods, who used to be the easy fights in a given aq. Combine that with no increase in rewards, and this aq change has a lot of people worried and frankly pretty angry as well.

Strongly considering taking time off or even quitting until/unless this is tweaked, either decrease the difficulty and damage of the sentinals or increase rewards, we all have been clamoring for more gold anyway.
    BigTime wrote: »
    Excellent post OP and well stated.

It doesn’t belong on a forum where people frequently call others names and sling trash all day. This isn’t the post we deserved but the one we needed.

I appreciate it man just, this is the sort of post I feel maybe will make Kabam understand our point of view. And in all honesty I don't see the trash talkers taking the time to read the whole thing haha.. But once again thanks. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Rose @Kabam DK @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit please take the time in reading the post.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I believe it's only the Skill-class Sentinel that has the Purify ability, not all of them. But his purify is much more robust than what the Symbiod version had. You could debuff the symbiod and he would only "reset" periodically, not the instantaneous way Sentinel can.
    Wow it really triggered me that you called them sentineloids instead of just sentinels lol. What happened there?

But anyway, I definitely agree on aq rewards being bugged, I wanted this before sentinels were added, they aren’t a big deal imo, pretty easy, not as easy as the symboids, but still pretty easy.

I addressed them as both, simply just to not upset anyone. A number of people prefer the term Sentineloids because they don't have the same abilities as Sentinel making them different.To some they are a nerfed version so. So just trying to be as neutral as possible.
  • DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    Great original post!
    Draenath wrote: »
    Great original post!
    Thanks man, appreciate it.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Can someone sum this up? I am sure it is a very insightful post, but i just could not read past the third line lol
    Rixob wrote: »
    Can someone sum this up? I am sure it is a very insightful post, but i just could not read past the third line lol

@Rixob Basically proving that the introduction of the Sentinel to AQ made AQ harder (Kabam stated that it didn't). With me proving my point, I'm requesting that Kabam bumps up the rewards to AQ as well for it to be balanced and not unfair. That's basically the main big problem everyone has with this change. That the rewards were not update to suit this update/refresh.
  • Yep, this change has officially taken the last but of fun out of aq. I admit it was a little stale, now it's just incredibly obnoxious and long winded. Sentinal(oid)s tend to take a long time to fight, even at day 3. And God forbid you take one block too many now you have a laundry list of effects that will mess you up and take down on entire hp bar. Lost my best champ today on my first fight, 125 hits, oh but I charged his thingy oh got hit with one s2 I'm dead, cool. I haven't lost a champ on the first aq fight since I was a 80k scrubling, and before the turds come in to tell me I still am, I'd consider myself one of the best players in a 10m alli, I take down the bosses in aq/aw and am the guy ppl pm with champ questions.

How am I having trouble with a spot that used to just mean free health for wolvie and you wanna tell us YOU DIDN'T MAKE AQ HARDER? You are very, very, VERY wrong, and I will be taking a month off starting tomorrow. At least half of my alli (10m, again. Spenders, people who play the hell out of this game) have talked about quitting totally in our group chat. I don't blame them, I'm one of our beasts and I'm hating it too. If this isn't fixed by the time I think I'm finally done, and I can thank the devs for helping me cease my addiction to this already time consuming and expensive GAME (one that starts to feel like a second job).

I've had a lot of fun up to this point, but you guys have absolutely 0 regard for your player base unless they are whales, you are incredibly transparent with your design style; always changing things for the benefit of aw def, aq, quest, anything that takes pots and revives and units and delicious money money money. Even the AI appears to have been tweaked at some point in the new year and I now get intercepted, specialed immediately after heavies, my specials don't fire instead AI does, increasingly unresponsive controls, framerate hiccups, parries off evades (oh but it's fixed right?). Oh, but thanks for taking the base button off alliance page we all really needed that...

You also make a point to ignore your community whenever possible so idk what I think this will accomplish, I guess it just feels good to say before I dip. Lemme speak your language: YOU ARE LOSING PAYING CUSTOMERS, FIX AQ

Alright edgelords, you're now clear to tell me I'm just bad lol.
  • WagarWagar Posts: 22
    Heres an answer to the question, is it more difficult outside of the fact that they are poison/bleed immune:

My AQ team consists of:
    4* Superior Ironman maxxed (for his regen capability) who has the coveted armor break on his sp. attacks
    5* Hyperion 3/45
    5* Storm 4/55

I have no bleed or poison inflicting champs.

With the symbiods, I wouldnt need to use resources until day 4 and 5 (sometimes a little on day 3 if the game has those "convenient" little glitches at just the right moment)

With the sentinels I had to use resources on day 2, with some from my alliance needing to use some on day 1!!

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious , please understand this isnt a matter on "if" it is more difficult... it IS more difficult.

Please nerf the sentinels and remove their learning capability. Your "refresh" has taken a great aspect of the game and made it very frustrating. I play a game for its enjoyment and challenge, not to be frustrated
  • Good post wagar, also watched some dependable guys go down on day 1, and it's not just growing pains... These are a pain to fight and fighting them correctly is BOOOORRRRIIINNNG
  • Lotta people don't have time to do 100+ hits going MLM or LMLM
  • Cedre77Cedre77 Posts: 4
    Good morning
    Same remark than some of you... the new update of aq is just impossible... it is just for pushing players tonuse ressources.
    If kabam don t change something i think that there will be a large amount of people that will stop the game.
    I am playing since the beginning of the game and today i just want to stop ... it is just a shame to see this.
  • Sentinels are annoying but their introduction clouds the real problem — a lack of diverse champs to fight in AQ. I see no reason we have 4 to 6 Sentinels per path when we have over 100 characters in the game to put on any given AQ node. Sentinels will just continue to make AQ more stale, just as we’ve seen with the symboids. AQ would benefit tremendously with more diverse champs to contend with.
  • WagarWagar Posts: 22
    I know Kabam says they read over every comment, but it sure doesnt feel like it.

@Kabam Miike you could at least let us know u are interested in our concerns. Say something about the issue!!

Even if its to say, "suck it up, cuz its not changing", at least we would know, and can then make the decision to retire our accounts.

Right now it feels like we are all yelling at the wind!!
    Wagar wrote: »
    I know Kabam says they read over every comment, but it sure doesnt feel like it.

@Kabam Miike you could at least let us know u are interested in our concerns. Say something about the issue!!

Even if its to say, "suck it up, cuz its not changing", at least we would know, and can then make the decision to retire our accounts.

Right now it feels like we are all yelling at the wind!!

That gets under my skin too. Maybe they're not allowed. Who knows.
    Sentinels are annoying but their introduction clouds the real problem — a lack of diverse champs to fight in AQ. I see no reason we have 4 to 6 Sentinels per path when we have over 100 characters in the game to put on any given AQ node. Sentinels will just continue to make AQ more stale, just as we’ve seen with the symboids. AQ would benefit tremendously with more diverse champs to contend with.

I agree completely
  • Hey everyone, there’s already an active discussion HERE about Sentinels and the new Minibosses in Alliance Quests. Please use that thread to review the comments of other players and our team. You can post any questions, concerns, or suggestions you may have there also! To help keep the Forum tidy, this thread will now be closed.
This discussion has been closed.