**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ Sentinels [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    why does the Science Sentinel (bleed path, stage 2, map5) has special 3 activated. where as all the sentinels are supposed to be have sp2 at max ?

Good god why is this a question still? They can't activate the SP3. It will fill the bar but they can't activate it.
    Viper013 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Feeney234 wrote: »
    Yet another poorly executed move by Kabam. This is terrible and MUST be addressed. Clearly lots of people are unhappy with this so Kabam should really consider throwing the players a bone of they intend to keep this going. If not, revert AQ back to what it was and focus on an entirely new season of AQ.

This isnt an attempt to "refresh" AQ, clearly this is a ploy to make it harder while offering nothing in return. HORRIBLE

Why throw us a bone? Its their game. They can make any change they want regardless of what your opinion is. Either adapt and keep playing or quit. I dont see the problem and none of the arguments aginst the sentinels have held up. You will learn how to counter them just like any other content in the game.

If i have to adapt to something more difficult then i would like to be rewarded for my adaptation. Otherwise its just nonsense that its only we who should adapt and kabam will keep giving same rewards.

@Viper013 are you rewarded in life when things change? If something becomes different, are there people out there handing you prizes because you had to do something different? No different than in this game. They put a different champ in and in reality, its not a big deal at all. They game has constantly changed and not every change has to bring about "more rewards". Lets look at the other end of the spectrum.
    AQ was a breeze before the change, does that mean the rewards should have been less because people can beat the map faster and easier without using resources? Of course not. You aren't going to complain when you are getting better rewards for easy content. Now you have to work for it a just a little, little bit harder and you have your feelings hurt. Find an easier game to play then.
    BigTime wrote: »
    AQ got harder, rewards didn’t get better. I would love an argument as to why sentinels are easier than symbiods. Especially given the class influences.

We all know that a large portion of the population is going to struggle with this for a minute and use resources. That is how a resource grab works.

So to those of you that think you are awesome and say “git gud” I say this, just because YOU may be better does NOT invalidate what people experiencing.

Kabam should have provided better rewards instead of just making things harder. It doesn’t make people cry babies or snowflakes to ask for this and discuss their difficulties.

How about you explain HOW they are harder? This thread is full of reasons why they AREN'T harder, so how about you give reasons why they are.

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/60309/alliance-quest-refresh-impact-concerns#latest

Just read this. I'm all about them, just kinda ehh about them not moving up the rewards. Sentinels are not easy for the majority of players.

@ItsTheBroski Your extremely long post about sentinels only catered to what people whining about them want to hear- Lets debunk a few things taken from your post-

In my opinion the biggest concern the playerbase has is the fact that Kabam in our opinion had increased the difficulty of Alliance Quest significantly without changing and/or updating the rewards at all. We can all say that Sentinels are the end for bleed/poison champions like Wolverine X-23 and Gwenpool and that Sentinels will make it more challenging for players with specific masteries, that’s a given. Besides the fact that a good percentage of Map 4 and 5 Alliances use Bleed and Poison champions, in many others eyes, Sentinel makes it difficult for the gran majority of champions. Knowing Sentinel is nerfed in AQ, he is still quite difficult with the abilities he currently has in comparison to the Symbioids we encountered prior to this change:

-Learning capability whenever (if not most of the time) they are hit
    -Addicional bar of power (knowing their special three is not activated)
    -Passive purify ability in which any damage debuff placed on them gets immediately purified no matter what class they are (not sure if nerfed but with my encounters, Sentineliods purify parrys every now and then giving me the opinion that this is still intact).
    -Bleed/Poison immune
    -More health and armor in comparison to a Symbioid (not 100% positive)

First off X-23, Wolvie and GP (I still use my 5/50 Wolvie and working just fine) are still useful. Nothing has changed there. There are plenty of other champs in AQ that you can use them against. Sentinels aren't the only thing you are fighting in AQ. This is narrow minded thinking.

-Their SP3 is not activated and they are easily baited for SP1/2.
    -Only the Skill sentinel has purify based off the image of the 6 types.
    -There are several champs in AQ already that are bleed and poison immune plus an entire debuff immune path.
    -They really don't have that much more health. Armor probably but not a big deal.

The main thing is, once you learn how to fight them, NONE of these posts will ever matter again. Or there will be an Emerg Maint or a new OP champ will come out that can beat everyone and the community will move on to that. We've come across all kinds of different challenges before and we've all come out just fine.
  • StarShadow7StarShadow7 Posts: 15
    Honestly, why even use Sentinels or Symbioids at all?

There are what... 120+ champs in the game now?

Make the generic nodes populate with random unknown champs to make it fun and interesting and different every time.

Playing AQ is honestly like a broken record.

Agree! The Symboids were getting old but at least they weren’t *too* repetive (I.e not ALL mystic or whatever class had the same specials). The Sentinels are even more boring! They do the same s**t every time! Why replace the “boring, old and stale” Symboids with and even more repetitive and boring opponents that are going get old even faster than the Symboids.
  • cypher26cypher26 Posts: 27
    It's all bull. Just kabam listening to the whining and crying of the top tier players AGAIN! And all the low- mid players pay the price. The top players are not the only ones that spend money kabam
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    The only one I really can’t stand is skill because they shrug off armor shatter and parry...
  • cypher26cypher26 Posts: 27
    It's not only that we spend a lot of resources perfecting our aq teams just for them to be useless whats the point. Now people have to dip into there aw attack and defence teams and quest teams
  • Gwm83Gwm83 Posts: 72
    I don't have a problem with them..but some of my alliance does...we're 11mill and pretty good. Those saying learn the animations ok, once they learn you your done lol I'd like to see some of you guys on day 5 map6 fighting them.. then see what ya say. Fix your **** kabam.
  • Scotty2hotty33_Scotty2hotty33_ Posts: 85
    The big problem I have is that map clearers are needed for aq and story. I just have to find out who it is, and when I figure it out it'll change soon after. Rinse and repeat.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Gwm83 wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with them..but some of my alliance does...we're 11mill and pretty good. Those saying learn the animations ok, once they learn you your done lol I'd like to see some of you guys on day 5 map6 fighting them.. then see what ya say. Fix your **** kabam.

Yeah... except they're aren't any sentinels in map 6 so...

• Gwm83Gwm83 Posts: 72
    Stewman wrote: »
    Gwm83 wrote: »

Yeah... except they're aren't any sentinels in map 6 so...

I meant map5....
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    Lmao...
    AQ got harder, rewards didn’t get better. I would love an argument as to why sentinels are easier than symbiods. Especially given the class influences.

We all know that a large portion of the population is going to struggle with this for a minute and use resources. That is how a resource grab works.

So to those of you that think you are awesome and say “git gud” I say this, just because YOU may be better does NOT invalidate what people experiencing.

Kabam should have provided better rewards instead of just making things harder. It doesn’t make people cry babies or snowflakes to ask for this and discuss their difficulties.

How about you explain HOW they are harder? This thread is full of reasons why they AREN'T harder, so how about you give reasons why they are.

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/60309/alliance-quest-refresh-impact-concerns#latest

Just read this. I'm all about them, just kinda ehh about them not moving up the rewards. Sentinels are not easy for the majority of players.

@ItsTheBroski Your extremely long post about sentinels only catered to what people whining about them want to hear- Lets debunk a few things taken from your post-

In my opinion the biggest concern the playerbase has is the fact that Kabam in our opinion had increased the difficulty of Alliance Quest significantly without changing and/or updating the rewards at all. We can all say that Sentinels are the end for bleed/poison champions like Wolverine X-23 and Gwenpool and that Sentinels will make it more challenging for players with specific masteries, that’s a given. Besides the fact that a good percentage of Map 4 and 5 Alliances use Bleed and Poison champions, in many others eyes, Sentinel makes it difficult for the gran majority of champions. Knowing Sentinel is nerfed in AQ, he is still quite difficult with the abilities he currently has in comparison to the Symbioids we encountered prior to this change:

-Passive purify ability in which any damage debuff placed on them gets immediately purified no matter what class they are (not sure if nerfed but with my encounters, Sentineliods purify parrys every now and then giving me the opinion that this is still intact).
    -Bleed/Poison immune

First off X-23, Wolvie and GP (I still use my 5/50 Wolvie and working just fine) are still useful. Nothing has changed there. There are plenty of other champs in AQ that you can use them against. Sentinels aren't the only thing you are fighting in AQ. This is narrow minded thinking.

-There are several champs in AQ already that are bleed and poison immune plus an entire debuff immune path.
    -They really don't have that much more health. Armor probably but not a big deal.

The main thing is, once you learn how to fight them, NONE of these posts will ever matter again. Or there will be an Emerg Maint or a new OP champ will come out that can beat everyone and the community will move on to that. We've come across all kinds of different challenges before and we've all come out just fine.

Dude I am not whining about how difficult they are, to me they are quite easy. What I am stating is that Kabam needs to increase the rewards in AQ because as I proved they DID make AQ more difficult. That's it.
    Lmao...

-Bleed/Poison immune

Dude I am not whining about how difficult they are, to me they are quite easy. What I am stating is that Kabam needs to increase the rewards in AQ because as I proved they DID make AQ more difficult. That's it.

You proved it? Where did you prove it at? You provided a post where people who cant handle change, a place to complain. I corrected your ill-informed post here. For every person saying they are hard at least 1 or 2 have said they arent. Its day 3 and on map 5, they are still easier than uncollected was. You havent proven anything other being able to write extremly long posts with paragraphs. Most of the community cant do that.
  • AsmodeyusAsmodeyus Posts: 217
    I really only have one concern with the Sentineloids. They seem to act weird, below 20 charges, i can dodge the L1 but they still debuff me. I tried this second AQ, still below 20 charges, i blocked instead. Get debuffed. (Incinerate both times) I have been hit with Power drains while blocking normal hits, power locks when dodging, and the L2 places debuffs on you at randoms dodge or block. (They varry what debuffs depending on which type of Sentineloid.) So, since there is no way yo evaluate their abilities, why are they able to debuff you when you dodge a hit or block a hit. If they can what is the point of dodge or block? Is it possibly a glitch? Are they randomized? Are there set settings for these debuffs? Right now it just feels like I need a huge flow chart to map out what could be called a generic mob.
  • Mystic sentineloid seems to trigger power gain against parry. The way it reads, they should trigger like MD.
    Evade gets dexterity, power gain triggers next landed hit.... except against these buggers. Each evasion and each parry triggering power gain.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Man demonsfyre you need to learn to count, there are way more complaints than “git guds” the same people saying t 50 times doesn’t count as 50 people
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Looks like Kabam replaced symboids with sentinels for some more CASH GRAB. Mystic sentinel is unbearable with its power-gain. All of the sudden sentinel will be at sp3. Before someone tells to use magik. Let me clear one thing, we already use magik in AW and how can we use magik in both AW AQ ?

Coming to Science Sentinel, it all of the sudden special attack becomes unblockable where as nothing is written in the description.

In short, Sentinels are brought into AQ to screw players and grab some money out it. well played KABAM

They don't have sp3

Science Sentinel in stage 2 on map5 has sp3. Go check it.

They can have the red bar but are not able to activate a sp3. Kabam have said this many many times now. Try it out for yourself an you'll find they can't use a sp3
  • Abracadaver12Abracadaver12 Posts: 24
    AQ is now garbage and not fun. Nice work per usual.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    cypher26 wrote: »
    It's not only that we spend a lot of resources perfecting our aq teams just for them to be useless whats the point. Now people have to dip into there aw attack and defence teams and quest teams

No one ever guaranteed that every AQ Season would be susceptible to Bleed and Poison.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    This thread mad me rofl.

People complaining about sentinals is hilarious.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    All they're doing is making you choose new champs that you may not have used in AQ before. Just because you can't run with X23/Wolverine and bleed everyone out all of a sudden isn't a cash grab.

Hey x23 is still super viable for AQ unlike wolverine (who I'm still using) she stacks cruelty against bleed immune. You're welcome
  • StokesXCStokesXC Posts: 38
    I don't mind the increased difficulty with the sentinel being added but that being said.... They r difficult ... Not easy to clear and not alot of good counters especially with a different class in the same path it's hard to plan for them... I enjoy the game is adding harder content flying through everything has just become boring.... But with the increased difficulty there should have been an increase in rewards across all the maps... Increased t4cc shards, resource rewards.... Anything really... T1a even.... They did a fantastic upgrade with aw rewards but now aq has become more of a chore and with the amount of resources it costs to rank champs up the benefits of aq are hard to see.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    The Sentinels were designed to disrupt the normal fighting patterns that many of us use.

how convenient
  • NetNet Posts: 91
    From time to time we are used to changes.
    We knew that at some point the Bosses and Symbiods are going to be replaced.
    But the change that has been made this time is a bit different...
    Sentinels are with over-power > They are too strong, their animations are very annoying, their effects are overstated and it is really not fun to fight against them.
    Sentinels are Robots and immune to Bleed and Poison Effects - Now almost all of our champions are useless against them..
    We can't hold out against them for long. Even the champions who can regenerate their health are no longer useful.

It is very frustrating to fight against sentinels (especially the red one).
    They should be nerf - No special effects (Like unblockable spl etc) and up to 2 bars.
    They will remain difficult because they are robots, and this is will be a decent change.
This discussion has been closed.