**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Yondu - partially parry immune?

SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
Yondu has always been a pain to parry. I thought it was because of the way he attacks with his arrow. I used Blade against him several times today. My “well timed blocks” were causing Yondu to bleed but were not parrying him. One of the mods said a while back that the “web timed block” abilities were supposed to be the same timing as parry. I do not see anything in Yondu’s description that says he should reduce parry. If all this is true, then it is a bug. If he is supposed to act this way, then it should be documented in his description.

Comments

• Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Yondu's arrow attacks count as projectiles and thus can't be stunned by parry with those.
    So most of his light attacks can't be parried properly make him use a medium by dashing at you
  • UrrymonsterUrrymonster Posts: 69
    You can’t parry his arrow, so his first light attack can’t be parried. You can however parry his dash attack.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Yondu has always been a pain to parry. I thought it was because of the way he attacks with his arrow. I used Blade against him several times today. My “well timed blocks” were causing Yondu to bleed but were not parrying him. One of the mods said a while back that the “web timed block” abilities were supposed to be the same timing as parry. I do not see anything in Yondu’s description that says he should reduce parry. If all this is true, then it is a bug. If he is supposed to act this way, then it should be documented in his description.

The yaka arrow doesn't make direct contact,If you parried him with the yaka arrow attack and made him bleed,That's the bug
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Does it actually say that the arrow cannot cause a parry stun because Yondu does not make direct contact, or are we all just assuming that? That’s is what I always thought, but today made me rethink it. If his light attacks with arrow can’t be parried, then it should say that somewhere.

I am trying to think of another attack that is similar, but I can’t think of one.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Does it actually say that the arrow cannot cause a parry stun because Yondu does not make direct contact, or are we all just assuming that? That’s is what I always thought, but today made me rethink it. If his light attacks with arrow can’t be parried, then it should say that somewhere.

I am trying to think of another attack that is similar, but I can’t think of one.

It's not in Yondu's description, but it is in the description of the parry mastery. It says "if contact is made".
    Kenny292 wrote: »
    It's not in Yondu's description, but it is in the description of the parry mastery. It says "if contact is made".
    That description isn’t completely accurate either. You can parry a special attack that makes contact, but it will not stun.
  • Sac123_Sac123_ Posts: 258
    That description isn’t completely accurate either. You can parry a special attack that makes contact, but it will not stun.

That is becasue you can not stop a special so even if it pops up with parry, you can't stop a special. That is also why you can't pop your special while the opponent had a special going on.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Sac123_ wrote: »

That is becasue you can not stop a special so even if it pops up with parry, you can't stop a special. That is also why you can't pop your special while the opponent had a special going on.
    We used to be able to do that,good times
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    But if you parry a special still reduces damage
    I know all of this, but that is not what the descriptions say. If arrow gives Yondu parry immunity, then it should say so. If parry only works on regular attacks, it should say so. I have always assumed things worked this way, but with the number of bugs I am finding, I am no longer taking appearances at face value.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    I know all of this, but that is not what the descriptions say. If arrow gives Yondu parry immunity, then it should say so. If parry only works on regular attacks, it should say so. I have always assumed things worked this way, but with the number of bugs I am finding, I am no longer taking appearances at face value.

You have a majority of the community here telling you that is how parry works against Yondu and his arrows. The reason is because it is a projectile and the chance to parry those is low. So, it is not a bug.

Sure, the parry description could add that it doesn't stun on special attacks, but I think it adequately describes that it stuns on attacks that make contact, which covers Yondu's situation. No need to add anything to Yondu's description because it has more to do with how parry works, not how Yondu works. At least that's the way i see it.
    The “on contact” part only applies to the stun. Projectiles or beams during specials will say “parry” but not stun. Yondu’s arrow does not say “parry” with or without the stun. It should be at least reducing the damage. I have not tracked those numbers to see if it does or not. I always assumed it didn’t since it never indicated a parry.

A lot of people, including me, are making assumptions about how it is supposed to work. That is not fact. I would like one of the MODs to ask the developers how it is designed.
    The “on contact” part only applies to the stun. Projectiles or beams during specials will say “parry” but not stun. Yondu’s arrow does not say “parry” with or without the stun. It should be at least reducing the damage. I have not tracked those numbers to see if it does or not. I always assumed it didn’t since it never indicated a parry.

A lot of people, including me, are making assumptions about how it is supposed to work. That is not fact. I would like one of the MODs to ask the developers how it is designed.

Ah, I thought you were just talking about the stun. I haven't had any issues parrying his arrows though for the reduced damage, always accidental though because you don't really wanna try to parry them because the arrows have armor/block penetration and can crit/bleed through blocks, so parrying doesn't do much anyways.