**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gwenpool abilty reduction questionable

JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
So it says that opponent ability is reduced based on current combo. Now im fighting Red Hulk In LOL and I just got evaded and wrecked even though my combo was on 142 hits. I was inder the impression that ability is reduced by 142% because.of my combo and still hit with a passive evade and wrecked. Kabam please enlighten me on this issue. Gwenpool should have an actual percentage on ability reduced

Comments

• KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    LOL evasion is not considered a defensive ability but a built in mechanic of LOL instead.
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    But shouldnt it still get reduced based on Gwenpools Sig Ability??
    And i still stand by saying that she should have an actual percentage shown in her sig ability text
    edited April 2018
    Don't get me wrong im not complaining...i just need some insight and enlightenment because im getting ready for the labyrinth and dont need any surprises lol
  • OmdhuleOmdhule Posts: 37
    After 50 his, is 100%reduction. And yes, LOL evade isn't a defensive ability
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Yeah, it's 2% reduction per hit on the combo meter. It really should specify that in her description.

However, I'm not sure if her ability reduction is applied to nodes or not. RHulk doesn't have a natural evade like Spidey, NC, or even Widow and Ultron, so it's possible that her ability doesn't overpower the node.
    She's one of my main champs (well, she WAS until AQ changed), and I agree... her description needs to be updated to be more specific.

People throw the 2% per hit number around all the time, but I've yet to see it documented anywhere or confirmed by Kabam.

EXACTLY! lol
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    GP ability reduction does work in the labrith. She can stop spider man normal evade black widows evade electro static shock. But no one can counter the labrith evade it's not a character ability it's a labrith ability that can't be countered. Just like medusa can stop ultron a evade but not ultron a labrith evade
  • Delta_14Delta_14 Posts: 64
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    She's one of my main champs (well, she WAS until AQ changed), and I agree... her description needs to be updated to be more specific.

People throw the 2% per hit number around all the time, but I've yet to see it documented anywhere or confirmed by Kabam.

The 2% number actually came from Kabam. Difficult to find the original post but it's not something up in the air.

Just to add to this: as I recall, it was confirmed in a comment (by Kabam Miike) in her champion spotlight thread. Unfortunately, this was on the old forums, and therefore I'm not sure it can still be accessed- I think they archived the spotlights themselves, but not the comments.
  • FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110
    What in the world. It used to say 2% in the sig ability description. Why the hell was it removed? Silent nerf? Because this seems like backward progress.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Yeah, the evade in the labyrinth is just kabam saying that the opponents can evade because revives. It doesn’t make any sense at all saying “it’s a node so she can’t reduce the ability” because she can still reduce thorns. The only reason this evade is different than others is so that people KO more. Evade is the most broken mechanic in the game and that’s why kabam put it in the labyrinth. It makes them money.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    It's bs but that's the way it is and will be. Even Iceman with coldsnap can't stop the labyrinth evade
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★

The 2% number actually came from Kabam. Difficult to find the original post but it's not something up in the air.

I'd love a Mod to comment. As folk have said above, I recall Miike saying this. I've searched for and been unable to find his original comment.

My recollection is that Miike said that it was 'about' 2% per hit.

My understanding of the way Kabam works is that they are not find of 100% ability accuracy reduction as a concept. They didn't let Black Widow keep 100% ability reduction. Why would Gwenpool? Why would her ability not be affected by a form of diminishing returns? Approaching, but never reaching 100%?
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    You can’t reduce LoL nodes or enigmatics with ability reduction champs as far as I’m aware
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★

I'd love a Mod to comment. As folk have said above, I recall Miike saying this. I've searched for and been unable to find his original comment.

My understanding of the way Kabam works is that they are not find of 100% ability accuracy reduction as a concept. They didn't let Black Widow keep 100% ability reduction. Why would Gwenpool? Why would her ability not be affected by a form of diminishing returns? Approaching, but never reaching 100%?

They changed black widow bc you had 100% without doing anything. QP can get 100% because she takes skill like starlord. So as long as you don't get hit you will be rewarded. Once you get to 50 hits it will shut down ability accuracy so will AA with a high signature and three neurotoxin
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Yeah, the evade in the labyrinth is just kabam saying that the opponents can evade because revives. It doesn’t make any sense at all saying “it’s a node so she can’t reduce the ability” because she can still reduce thorns. The only reason this evade is different than others is so that people KO more. Evade is the most broken mechanic in the game and that’s why kabam put it in the labyrinth. It makes them money.

I can't stand the evade in labyrinth, but if you take it out then it just turns into another ROL. I could probably 100% lab if they took out evade in under 40 revives (probably less).
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Batman05 wrote: »

They changed black widow bc you had 100% without doing anything. GP can get 100% because she takes skill like starlord. So as long as you don't get hit you will be rewarded. Once you get to 50 hits it will shut down ability accuracy so will AA with a high signature and three neurotoxin

I don't quest with GP myself; however there are many threads clearly establishing that you don't completely shut down evasion with a combo of over 50.