**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Special attacks blocked after 5 hit combo

Playing the last 2 chapters in uncollected today. AI managed to block my special 1 or special 2 attack after a 5 hit combo so many times. Corvus did it multiple times but so did many random enemies all over the map (but moreso with the bosses).

Characters I used were Stark spidey (both so 1 and 2), Ghostrider (only special 1 blocked), Star Lord, Blade

Comments

• I think they are more likely to block a special attack if you end your combo on a light attack instead of a medium. Are you always ending your 5 hit combo on a medium?
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    That actually happened to me just now I ended with a medium.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Ive noticed more often , even when ending with a medium, happens more on harder content and some are just broke like sp2 for Phoenix, and Captain Marvel (mohawk) using the same characters that I used for my daily t4 basic Catalyst Quest and the uncollected quest it's been happening a lot more in the uncollected quest.
  • Viper013Viper013 Posts: 88
    Same is happening to me
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    So this is another bug that also needs fixing?
  • SlickpeteySlickpetey Posts: 89
    I think they are more likely to block a special attack if you end your combo on a light attack instead of a medium. Are you always ending your 5 hit combo on a medium?

I do appreciate your insight but yes, this happens when I use a medium to finish as well. That being said, it happens less often when using a medium attack to finish.

I have done LOL, 100% Act 5, and always 100% uncollected. This is the first time I’ve ever had any significant issue with my specials getting blocked after a 5 hit combo ending on a medium or even a light attack.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 650 ★★★
    I've noticed some champs are easier to combo with than others, and it depends on the defender, too. Champs like Cap WW2 that have quick specials have rarely, if ever, been blocked, no matter who they're against. While others, like Iceman's L1, which he sort of winds up before firing, nearly always get blocked.

It helps some to chain the special at a different part of the combo, though.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    So this is another bug that also needs fixing?

That depends.

When did it became a requirement that special attacks 1 and 2 must connect after finishing a combo?