**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Quake or Luke Cage

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
I'm going to go R2 to R4 with science rank up gems and I'm torn between 5* undupped Luke Cage and 5* undupped Quake... Leaning more towards Quake, but open to hear what everyone else thinks.
I'm thinking Quake, because I have alot of other hard hitting r3-r4 5* champs (Gwenpool, Iron Fist, Star Lord, Guilotine, Phoenix, Hyperion) in my roster, so that aspect of Luke Cage wouldn't be needed, but my only 5* Bleed immune/resistant champs are r2 Groot and r3 Beast. I'm pretty good using Quake after practicing wiht my 4* tons, so she would be great against Spider Man, Nightcrawler, mystics, etc.
GO!

Comments

• SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Quake
  • Luke Cage is garbage
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Can't go wrong either way. I R4'd my duped hulk,duped cage and unduped quake. All3 were worth it. Personally I like cage more. But I LOVE quake.
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    Quake. She can handle a lot of difficult nodes except for stun immune and true strike. Mine is currently at 3/45 and waiting for one more T4C to bring to rank 4.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Luke Cage

Consistent 1200-1700 Damage NON-CRIT
    High physical resist
    Decent stun

When Duped he makes a fun scout for new champs, tanks L3, and can EASILY go toe-to-toe with WAR HYPERION!

Quake… I think she’s good for Mephisto and Mordo otherwise she plays almost exactly like Archangel
  • TurbulentUrFaceTurbulentUrFace Posts: 311
    Luke Cage is a really nice champ since his buff, especially compared to what he used to be.

But Quake is still the better option. She has a lot more to her than just powerful punches and being duped doesn't really do all that much so a 5* Quake is a great thing to have. I just upgraded my 4* Quake to r5 recently and I have no regrets. I would upgrade her over Cage as long as you can use her well. Cheers
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Quake at 4/55 has been my MVP for exploring act 5. If you perfect her technique she can dominate a lot of the paths. "Quake Fu" can get you through entire Bane fights without ever starting the Bane timer. You can't use that technique everywhere, but where you can it's extremely effective.
  • plantbasedplantbased Posts: 11
    I think the key is how good your quake skills are. I just haven't had the time or focus to work on her unique playing style. For me, it would be LC
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Quake. honestly people go nuts for luke cage because compared to what he used to be hes awesome. but hes still just a heavy hitter. theres nothing too special about him. quake got a lot more to offer

Out of the two guess which can take no damage from an l3 hint it's not quake, so he's not just a heavy hitter. With that being said if u need a good attacker then lc if u need a defender then quake
    Luke Cage is garbage

Do tell me how many other champs can take an l3 and receive no damage
  • LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92
    edited April 2018
    Quake. honestly people go nuts for luke cage because compared to what he used to be hes awesome. but hes still just a heavy hitter. theres nothing too special about him. quake got a lot more to offer

Out of the two guess which can take no damage from an l3 hint it's not quake, so he's not just a heavy hitter. With that being said if u need a good attacker then lc if u need a defender then quake

I say a little edge goes to quake. Quake is an awesome attacker as well as defense though I find her easy and quick to beat on D, and if you're playing the right way you shouldn't be taking l3s anyway so the ability to tank them should not be the determining factor.
    Legendsend wrote: »

I say a little edge goes to quake. Quake is an awesome attacker as well as defense though I find her easy and quick to beat on D, and if you're playing the right way you shouldn't be taking l3s anyway so the ability to tank them should not be the determining factor.

Agreed but it's always nice to have a safe key in case u have to take an l3 😀
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    I would choose Luke myself as I do not like Quake's fighting style and she sucks when the AI is playing slow or the "whiff" bug happens.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Dupped LC, undupped then Quake, but only if u can use her accurately.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Quake, she is god Tier AW Attack
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Ultimately quake needs a unique playstyle

Luke generally can go up along side Hela in raw strength though with his attack+ being 500 per compared to her 700 but him stacking and keeping far more efficiently. His innate physical resistance allows decent block+ as a side effect and ultimately some fights just MAKE the L3 inevitable.

Plus he’s a heavy hitting bleed immune that can tank L3 if absolutely needed (or you whiff). Iceman and maybe Ultron are the only other bleed immune hitters worth a shot imo and that’s for triple/cold and regen/cauterize redpectivly. Neither of them are exactly raw damage dealers.

Compared to hulk LC has stackable “fury” and even averaging 3 exhaustion and a weakness (yes I’m a resonator) thats 2k added to LC Attack. Hulk would need to have fury and 3/5 health (according to me 5/50/99 hulk) remaining to be on the same level. And that’s not including parry bursts, what happens after LC L3 or the fact Luke has 2% higher Crit rate and 16.1% more critical damage modefier (I find this genuinely funny) using 5/50 4*s.

I understand Quake being very good but honestly Luke has a better niche as an anti-bleed wrecking ball! Yes he’s a bit hyped up but he’s nowhere as bad as the naysayers would have you believe. I looked into a 4/55 Gladiator hulk and crowd/smash are only 911 a piece. Luke Cage is basically that with 2 debuffs a piece and Ghulk is seen almost as a god so LC definitely has some amazing damage output (especially as 5/50 LC still has better crit stats than a 4/55 glad hulk)
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    Luke Cage is garbage

what are you on?
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    edited April 2018
    LC...brought my duped 5* to 3/45 since 5* quake is unduped, and he's a MONSTER with suicides. Omg, I take sentinels down so fast, especially the mystic ones. He is such a tank and he's not a brittle little girl like quake who dies if you make one mistake.

Don't get me wrong, I am a pro at "quake fu"....in fact, I thought I discovered a unique way to play her that I never heard talked about before it was widely known after the dmg buff. Quake fu doesn't always work....it doesn't work in AW attack. It works for sentinels in AQ. It doesn't work on certain characters that have faster attacks or attack in certain ways (e.g. it's really hard on hulk or guillotine or other random champs). However, the timing issues in the game may be the cause of this because I never had issues until her buff with doing quake fu flawlessly.

Edit: BTW with suicides, I just stack as many exhaustions on before I use a SP3 to avoid recoil. Then, it's a few hits with like 9 exhaustion stacks + perry and high HP chars go down fast.