**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Basic Champion Arena Cutoff - how to fix this

So as many predicted Hyperion went for a crazy score in the 1st round of Basic Arena. The simple solution which I think Kabam should implement is that: for the basic champ the cutoff goes to the lower of either 10% or 5 million points. So if the cutoff is 2.2 mil it's still the top 10%, but in a scenario such as Hyperion the cutoff goes to a flat 5 million and anybody who scores that gets the basic.

The whole point of the new arena format was to keep scores respectable and whilst that has worked for champs such as Storm, Kamala, Venom etc. the highly desired champs are still going for very high scores and I feel that anybody who spends the time to put up 5 million in the basic deserves to get any champ, as for most players that is still a lot of time grinding, apparently now with no guarantee of success.

Comments

• Dakine86Dakine86 Posts: 239
    Then it becomes more of a quest like scenario. It's fine the way it is.
  • ChrisA19978ChrisA19978 Posts: 55
    Funny I didn't hear you saying this when Dr Voodoo was missed by a lot of Android users the other week. It's fine how it is adapt is what everyone needs to do. Which means don't wait till the last few hours for your final push and overshoot people's predictions. If 6.5 million is hard for you to get you might need to use units.
  • LagmelongtimeLagmelongtime Posts: 86
    edited June 2017
    I feel that the current arena is adequate. The more desirable the champs the more participate and bigger the bracket, and there are like 2 to 3 other arenas running at the same time to reduce cutoff. At the end it's still a competition and ppls will grind to get to wherever they need to. What will truly help but no one cares? Stop sharing cut off with the world or asking for cut off. Here's an idea, do not show the points ppls get only identify progress based on win streak. No one can compare points. Now that's a cool idea ... I think.
  • rjancaszrjancasz Posts: 29
    edited June 2017
    13,000+ people got Hyperion in the first run. Compare that to the number of people who got 4* under the old arena system. The current arena system is more than fair. With the current number of champions available and the size of rosters these days, 6.5M+ scores are not difficult to obtain. It is designed to be a competition between players. If you are not good enough yet to compete, there are other ways to grow your roster.
  • Flag everybody lol.
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    Can we all just agree to stop being salty because you didn't get Hyperion and then claim the Arena system is broken. The top 10% of arena grinders get the basic champ. If it was meant for everyone to get the basic champ then they might as well not even have an arena and just mail you a new champ every week. Seriously stop with these and step your game up.
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 310
    #flagyoutoomotherflagger
    Lol I like the pic account ban carry on
  • Seems my idea is getting a lot of hostility. I didn't go for Hyperion 1st round, as I was busy this weekend, I'm going for him in round 2, but there were some people in my alliance and I saw many others on reddit who put up scores which, in my opinion, should get any basic arena champ. I think Seatin also pointed out that that Hyperion cutoff was actually higher than any we'd had before arena was revamped (NC went for 6.4 back when it was 5%) which is crazy. I'll get Hyperion in round 2, so whatever, but in a game that is continuously moving towards 5 stars I'd have thought people would find it more concerning that 4* arena scores are going so much higher all the time. Oh well never mind, I'll shut up and we can keep it as it is and just keep grinding forever.