**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Mephisto broken?

I just used Mephisto in arena against Voodoo and his soul imprisonment did not stop Voodoo’s regen buff at the beginning of the fight. I wasn’t able to test special 1 since my MD boosted my power meter up too quickly to test it. Please look into this since his ability to stop buffs at the beginning of fights and use of special 1 is one of his best features.

Comments

• KyrazmomKyrazmom Posts: 159
    Instead of Mephisto being broken, I think champs are just regening even if they are heal blocked. Just used DocOc on Crossbones, had him heal blocked and he was regening (maybe from WP).
  • Six_strings6Six_strings6 Posts: 223 ★★
    Is your doc ock duped?
  • KyrazmomKyrazmom Posts: 159
    Yes. I had a heal block on CB and he was regening the whole time the heal block was active.
    I believe when duped doc ock does not inflict a heal block per say but instead deals damage equivalent to the regen therefore making it a heal block but the regen still appears while not actually doing anything
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    I believe when duped doc ock does not inflict a heal block per say but instead deals damage equivalent to the regen therefore making it a heal block but the regen still appears while not actually doing anything

This is a case where being duped doesn't help:
    Unawakened Doc Ock inflicts heal block, which does stop Mephisto healing.
    Awakened Doc Ock no longer inflicts heal block, but attempts to do damage equal to the healing. As Mephisto is supposed to be immune to damage whilst healing, this ability will (predictably) not work.

Heal blocking with Civil Warrior usually works for me. However, I've observed two other issues with Mephisto's healing in the arenas:

1 - fought him with Vision AoU. Vision's SP2 did seem to inflict both damage and Heal Block during Mephisto's healing. Maybe the direct damage bypasses Mephisto's ability, as it does Safeguard. Probably working as intended.

2 - fought him with Nebula (and level three Despair). Had nine shock charges on him, and still observed healing despite the fact that seven stacks of Despair ought to reduce his healing by 105%. Is despair broken?

e8j9uxv84c1c.png
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    Mephisto DOES NOT activate Aura if he burns 2 bars of power (or even burning less than 2 bars of power from an sp3) , at least not when i use him. He triggers it once may be every 5 fights where i burn 2 bars of opponent power. but i think he does it 100% when AI plays him . ficx that pls

Awakened Doc Ock no longer inflicts heal block, but attempts to do damage equal to the healing. As Mephisto is supposed to be immune to damage whilst healing, this ability will (predictably) not work.

Heal blocking with Civil Warrior usually works for me. However, I've observed two other issues with Mephisto's healing in the arenas:

1 - fought him with Vision AoU. Vision's SP2 did seem to inflict both damage and Heal Block during Mephisto's healing. Maybe the direct damage bypasses Mephisto's ability, as it does Safeguard. Probably working as intended.

2 - fought him with Nebula (and level three Despair). Had nine shock charges on him, and still observed healing despite the fact that seven stacks of Despair ought to reduce his healing by 105%. Is despair broken?

e8j9uxv84c1c.png

Regarding your first point it seems vision’s special attack damage is independent of other special attack damage which is why it bypasses safeguard and is not affected by power shield

I don’t think despair is broken but instead I think that his regen is a passive (like deadpool’s sig) and is not after by depair and can only be interrupted by heal block
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★

2 - fought him with Nebula (and level three Despair). Had seven shock charges on him, and still observed low-level healing despite the fact that seven stacks of Despair ought to reduce his healing by 105%.

e8j9uxv84c1c.png

Regarding your first point it seems vision’s special attack damage is independent of other special attack damage which is why it bypasses safeguard and is not affected by power shield

I don’t think despair is broken but instead I think that his regen is a passive (like deadpool’s sig) and is not after by depair and can only be interrupted by heal block

Interesting. There's nothing in the Despair description to suggest it works on some forms of healing and not others. I'm pretty sure I've reduced Green Goblin's passive healing by Stunning him; although that could be Pacify working rather than Despair.

It would be nice to get some comment for clarity from a mod, if one happened to be passing.