**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

How to Kill a Sentinel?

Berserk_NationBerserk_Nation Posts: 223
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
Basically, what people have said are:
  • Mix up your attack
  • Bait the SP1

But what other tips are out there?

Comments

• IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    I prefer to bait the SP2 since it's easier to dex. Intercepting and letting them do their heavies (although, they seem to recover faster when WE can't)
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Take a knife and put it thru....lol
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Class advantage saves you 90% of the headache
    IronFist34 wrote: »
    I prefer to bait the SP2 since it's easier to dex. Intercepting and letting them do their heavies (although, they seem to recover faster when WE can't)

6 dexterities means 5 points towards their count. And a full bar vs mystics
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    • Mix up your attack
    • Bait the SP1

BrutalDLX posted a good video of him using Will Power to gain health while fighting Sentinels. With Will Power, just evade the first part of the SP1 and allow yourself to get hit by the second part. The second part will do little damage and armor break you.

At higher prestige levels this trick may not be worth it.
    Riegel wrote: »
    • Mix up your attack
    • Bait the SP1

BrutalDLX posted a good video of him using Will Power to gain health while fighting Sentinels. With Will Power, just evade the first part of the SP1 and allow yourself to get hit by the second part. The second part will do little damage and armor break you.

At higher prestige levels this trick may not be worth it.

Depends on which one. Armor break isn't so bad, but nullifies and concussion can really screw up a regen champ.
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    IronFist34 wrote: »

6 dexterities means 5 points towards their count. And a full bar vs mystics

Towards what count and a fully bar?
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Heavy hitters seem to work okay. Seems to be the plan I'm going with right now. Starlord has been my MVP. Get the fight over as fast as possible and mix up your combos. Hulk at lower health should work well too. Red hulk isn't a great idea because you really want to spam his special 1 with him.
  • Ou_YeahOu_Yeah Posts: 45
    With AQ sentinels, they are so passive, I don't even bother trying to bait the L1. All the evades give them so many charges. I just mix up my combos and wail on them. Try to block/evade the L2 as best I can when they throw it. Even though they have three power bars, they cannot use the L3, so sometimes you can do quite a bit of damage between their specials.
  • Medium light medium. Light medium light. Nuff said
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Hype destroy sentinel.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    I use medusa or quake in aq...both just toy with them
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Medusa just melts them
  • NanoDroidNanoDroid Posts: 48
    Beat him with a stick. Jk. I find baiting sp1 works best if you don't have specific champs
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    This thread is from April and sentinels were harder to deal with when they first got introduced.
    They were nerfed after a lot of complaints
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    The long awaited sequel to “To Kill a Mockingbird”
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Medusa or Nebula. Both can reduce ability accuracy in robots.
  • Romo790Romo790 Posts: 139
    6o2jfx6idsw5.jpg
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Angela+ (Karnak)
    Sparky+-*
    Medusa*
    Nebula-*
    Psylocke-
    Iceman-
    Hood-
    Dormammu-
    Hyperion-

+ means Crit rate and damage naturally kill sentinel

* means a natural anti-robot ability

- alternative method of DoT that’s rematively easy to use.

Top 4 should be common knowledge enough. Sparky and Angela deal enough damage naturally and have huge Crit rates. Medusa has her shatter and Nebula her shocks which both cripple robots

Iceman and Hood have those Sp1 DoT shock and Hyperion has both huge damage and incinerate on speed dial

Psylocke can build up charges for roughly 1k per charge when she uses heavy attack and can more or less reduce accuracy by a large margin

Dormammu has his soul detonate

(This is not a comprehensive list)
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    If you don't have Medusa or other good cosmics Void works great, just take your time and let the debuffs drain him.