**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Overpowered Champs will be nerfed?

JuniAikoJuniAiko Posts: 24
edited June 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
GhostRider, Dr Voodoo, and especially Hyperion are way overpowered, and the few most sought out Champs atm. Dr. Voodoo is like the replacement for old broken Scarlet Witch, while Hyperion is like a replacement for the old Dr Strange, but even wayyy better.

Consequently, there is a general feeling that Kabam might nerf them like they did with SW in the future, seeing how insanely powerful these champs are if you know how to use them right. Wonder how true is this?

Will we be expectd to see yet another round of significant nerf of these top champs with rank down tix to readjust our rosters again? Just wondering.

Comments

• Options
    RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    Hopefully I can copy paste Mike's response to every whiner that comes around with the word "Nerf" in his mouth, just because he doesn't have the skill to handle those champs.
  • Options
    username92847username92847 Posts: 292
    edited June 2017

In the future, if we issue Rank Down tickets, they will likely be Champion Specific.

Cool.... So, 'champion specific' means
    we nerfed Squirrel Girl .... here's an RDT to use on her and her alone?

Ya got one coming out for VP?
    cause kabam wolf (who obviously didnt read it) closed thread about my issue with his sp1 not working
    (No, NOT the random generated buff)

After stealing buff, After SP1, health buff pops up, but the timer will spin down & he doesnt heal....., no change on health bar.

(Will post video, as soon as i figure out how to record on my phone... i never had to do it before)
  • Options
    cjs8000cjs8000 Posts: 44
    I dunno why you say Ghostrider is way overpowered!

When the AI plays Ghostrider, he can quite easily be taken down as the AI does not time it's attacks properly to get the maximum benefit. I've taken down 4/40 Ghostriders with my 3/30 Cap Am. Even in quests with certain boosts placed on him, he's not that much of a problem.

Playing the GhostRider however is quite a challenge. The skill is in the order you hit those judgements... I won't say he's overpowered, as some of his attacks are quite slow, i.e enemy can quickly block\avoid those.
  • Options
    weavileweavile Posts: 288
    Kabam won't nerf champs because they are too good for def, they nerf because they are too good for attack. For example: pre nerf Strange can heal half his health with one parry in heal cycle, SW can go from 100 hp to 10000 while kicking down boss with 1 parry. Compare to the champs you said: Hyperion isn't that better than Thor in attack, Voodoo after the regen at start you have to place loa and calculating, Ghost rider (don't know why you put here) need to sort his judgements to maximizing effect.
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Ghost Rider?! He is FAR from over powered… now if he could trigger debuffs multiple times (like using Light Finish multiple times in a row) then yeah he'd be overpowered!

And honestly you wouldn't care about those 2 of the old gods were back
  • Options
    Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 470 ★★
    stop asking to nerf the heroes you are NOT able to get!! It's SO irritating!!!!!
  • Options
    PlasmaKingPlasmaKing Posts: 105
    Said this on another OP moaning about champs they haven't got, learnt how to use or how to manage. It's applicable here sadly, come on guy all the champs can be managed, if you don't have the champs to do it then work on that and stop deflecting the issue onto the champ.

It is so irritating this continued moaning about champs because people haven't either learnt how to manage them or what champs to use against them. Champs need to perform all the way up to the top teams, if you can't beat them yet you have to develop and strengthen your squad not start complaining that things aren't working right or need changing.

KABAM doesn't need to do more than fix bugs and champs not doing what they have been designed to. Absolutely KABAM should never nerf champs again, they have the ability to improve not reduce but now they have set the precedent of acknowledging such change are against various laws around the world they can't go that route again.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Thank you @Kabam Miike I have faith you will balance the game correctly.
  • Options
    hunter2377hunter2377 Posts: 24
    What I don't get really is why it's required for Kabam to nerf good champs as opposed to work on improving the champs which suck.
    It's seems like OP just trolls to start people going.
  • Options
    SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    CapWW2 wrote: »

Wait why did someone flag him for voicing his opinion that doesnt harm or irritate anyone??
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    JuniAiko wrote: »
    GhostRider, Dr Voodoo, and especially Hyperion are way overpowered, and the few most sought out Champs atm. Dr. Voodoo is like the replacement for old broken Scarlet Witch, while Hyperion is like a replacement for the old Dr Strange, but even wayyy better.

Consequently, there is a general feeling that Kabam might nerf them like they did with SW in the future, seeing how insanely powerful these champs are if you know how to use them right. Wonder how true is this?

Will we be expectd to see yet another round of significant nerf of these top champs with rank down tix to readjust our rosters again? Just wondering.

I wish people would stop calling every good champ overpowered. Would you like all champs to be average? None of these champs are anything like SW. Voodoo has one regen and low health. SW could stack regens multiple times in a fight. It's not even close. Hyperion's regen is hard to activate. These are good champs, don't get me wrong. But they aren't like the old god tier champs.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    The last nerfs were necessary because the Champs were OP in all areas. Not just a few strengths. That doesn't mean every Champ that is strong or preferred will be nerfed. It wasn't just because people liked using them. They were so OP that they couldn't develop any new content.
    I don't think we need to worry. Those Champs are not the same as the God Tier was. They're strong, but they're not the "Swiss Army Knife" the others were.
    I also don't think we need to read too much into what was said by the Mod. I believe he was just talking about the possibility. Not eluding to anything.
  • Options
    Current God Tier champs:

Hyperion
    Magik
    SL
    Deadpool OG
    Vision OG
    Voodoo
    Archangel
    Ghost Rider
    Dormmammu
    Gwenpool

And by the way SL was left almost untouched by kabam. They just capped him at 400 but i agree he requires way too much skills to keep the high combo so he might be ok. Maybe they cap him at 100 hits which is still enough to kill anyone in any game mode with consistency.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Current God Tier champs:

Hyperion
    Magik
    SL
    Deadpool OG
    Vision OG
    Voodoo
    Archangel
    Ghost Rider
    Dormmammu
    Gwenpool

And by the way SL was left almost untouched by kabam. They just capped him at 400 but i agree he requires way too much skills to keep the high combo so he might be ok. Maybe they cap him at 100 hits which is still enough to kill anyone in any game mode with consistency.

They are not God Tier.
  • Options
    Sorry @CapWW2 I don't think you understand what makes a God tier champ. The champs you listed are some of the useful champs that the use of skill and practice can make helpful, but God no way. Your comment on SL alone shows a lack of understanding for the wider game and it's interrelated components. If you aren't maxed in mastery levels and got a few 5* then yes you will find some content difficult, or costly, but that's as it will be as the top content has got to be hard for the more developed players as well to enjoy.
  • Options
    LagmelongtimeLagmelongtime Posts: 86
    edited June 2017
    Just because someone can play with them as they are designed to be played, does not make them God Tier. And if you are truly non biase, why did you not include WW2 on your list @CapWW2. The answer maybe too obvious I suppose.
  • Options
    KavorkianKavorkian Posts: 9
    We don't currently have any plans to make adjustments to these Champions, but that may change in the future. Unlike Scarlet Witch, these champions have counters and do require some sort of strategy or know-how to use. They were also created with the future in mind.

Additionally, you should not expect Rank Down tickets to be generic again with future changes. With 12.0, there was a major change to the entire game system that affected all champions. In the future, if we issue Rank Down tickets, they will likely be Champion Specific.

Mike, the team should really consider making rank down tickets a permanent feature in the game. It would allow people to continuously adjust their roster to their liking. It's like being able to adjust your masteries, you wouldn't make it to where you can't change that set up, correct?

Think about it. Thanks
  • Options
    Kavorkian wrote: »
    We don't currently have any plans to make adjustments to these Champions, but that may change in the future. Unlike Scarlet Witch, these champions have counters and do require some sort of strategy or know-how to use. They were also created with the future in mind.

Additionally, you should not expect Rank Down tickets to be generic again with future changes. With 12.0, there was a major change to the entire game system that affected all champions. In the future, if we issue Rank Down tickets, they will likely be Champion Specific.

Mike, the team should really consider making rank down tickets a permanent feature in the game. It would allow people to continuously adjust their roster to their liking. It's like being able to adjust your masteries, you wouldn't make it to where you can't change that set up, correct?

Think about it. Thanks

I see a big issue with rank down personally, mainly with prestige manipulation. If the game isn't built off prestige then maybe, but allowing top alliance ranking down as a permanent features and re ranking the highest prestige champs that comes out will disallow progression of mid tier /low tier / free player from even playing catch up. I do wonder... If rank down is champ specific, will the cat / iso used be generic? One day if my duped ultron get nerfed I don't want to rank him down and rank up an undupe IP, just saying.
  • Options

Think about it. Thanks

If the game isn't built off prestige I would agree with this. But since it is, allowing top alliance to reconfigure their prestige at will can stop any lower alliance from playing catch up. I do wonder though if champ specific rank down will give generic cat iso back to the player... If one day 4/55 LOL duped ultron is nerfed i need to know I have a better choice than ranking up my only tech - unduped IP.
  • Options
    Great Idea!
  • Options
    DonaldJTrump69DonaldJTrump69 Posts: 147
    edited June 2017
    Spirit wrote: »

Wait why did someone flag him for voicing his opinion that doesnt harm or irritate anyone??

@CapWW2 is a noob who cries nerf when he can't beat certain champs
  • Options
    Sorry to disagree mate, I am super skilled. I completed LOL!
  • Options
    DonaldJTrump69DonaldJTrump69 Posts: 147
    edited June 2017
    Sorry to disagree mate, I am super skilled. I completed LOL!

And yet u cry nerf when u encounter champs u can't beat
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Rank down tickets as a permanent part of the game, really!?! Have you thought this through? PI is a big part of the game, so you have to think about where you spend your resources and the strategic selection of the champs to use them on. If you can just drop and re rank champs people don't have to think about selection, but can be poor all day long and keep changing to higher pi champs when they get them rather than holding, planning and waiting for the right ones. Typically the better champs aren't highest pi so do you go with high PI or good useful champs? Once you make the decision "a get out of jail" rank down ticket isn't what you should have available, as champ progression and the thinking behind it is a core part of the game.
  • Options
    Ross979Ross979 Posts: 11
    yeah, hyperion is easy to fight if you use right champ, but honestly doctor strange is too puny now, that is not balance here, you nerf doctor strange too far, just improve him little bit, please
    he is deserves it
    and sorry for my bad english, peace
  • Options
    KavorkianKavorkian Posts: 9
    PlasmaKing wrote: »
    Rank down tickets as a permanent part of the game, really!?! Have you thought this through? PI is a big part of the game, so you have to think about where you spend your resources and the strategic selection of the champs to use them on. If you can just drop and re rank champs people don't have to think about selection, but can be poor all day long and keep changing to higher pi champs when they get them rather than holding, planning and waiting for the right ones. Typically the better champs aren't highest pi so do you go with high PI or good useful champs? Once you make the decision "a get out of jail" rank down ticket isn't what you should have available, as champ progression and the thinking behind it is a core part of the game.

I understand your point but prestige does not play as big of part as you make it out to be. Map 6 has become the prestige equalizer. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to tailor your roster to help with a specific quest or event? I'm not saying hand them out to everyone, I'm saying make them available so that players have that option.
  • Options

I understand your point but prestige does not play as big of part as you make it out to be. Map 6 has become the prestige equalizer. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to tailor your roster to help with a specific quest or event? I'm not saying hand them out to everyone, I'm saying make them available so that players have that option.

Sorry @Kavorkian I do not agree, one of the most basic strategies in this game is where you use your resources and when. If you felt ranking a 4* to r5 was a smart move when there is a 5* that's find but now you have that in your troop permanently. If you then get the 5* lucky you if you can rank it up to r3 you have 2 good champs. Being able to manipulate your deck with RDT is cheating in my book and a poor strategy I would never like to see them in the game again.
  • Options
    Said this on another OP moaning about champs they haven't got, learnt how to use or how to manage. It's applicable here sadly, come on guy all the champs can be managed, if you don't have the champs to do it then work on that and stop deflecting the issue onto the champ.

It is so irritating this continued moaning about champs because people haven't either learnt how to manage them or what champs to use against them. Champs need to perform all the way up to the top teams, if you can't beat them yet you have to develop and strengthen your squad not start complaining that things aren't working right or need changing.

KABAM doesn't need to do more than fix bugs and champs not doing what they have been designed to. Absolutely KABAM should never nerf champs again, they have the ability to improve not reduce but now they have set the precedent of acknowledging such change are against various laws around the world they can't go that route again.

honestly, i fully agree with you except for the one exception, the dreaded Iron Patriot. Unfortuanately, he was my first five star i got, and unless he is awakened, he is some garbage. luckily i now have a five star super iron man, awakened yondu, and rhino. Thnak Kabam RNG