**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5* Ranking Up Vs 4*, In General

Since I have limited resources, like most who play M:CoC, and am moving to point in game where 4*s my bread and butter (34 of them) but 5*s on the horizon (4 of them). My question relates to 1) barring any top ranked Champions, overall or by Class, or duped Champion making that Champion ‘supercharged’ and, especially, 2) using the assumption I have seen written here on the Forums, and written elsewhere, where a 4*R4/L40 Champion, in general, will beat a maxed out 3*(R4/L40) Champion, and a 5* R3/L45(?) (possibly, but do not think so, R2/35) Champion, in general, will beat a 4* R4/L40 Champion.
The question(s) then are should I focus all my resources on my 5* Champions with NO resources to my 4* Champions (as I have approximately 10-12 4*R4/L40 of 34 4* Champions (mostly my strongest, like Archangel and Iceman, BUT not one(1) of my 4* Champions maxed out to R5/L50)). Then how far do I rank up my 5* Champions, to R3/L45(?) only, saving resources for 6* Champions (guessing long time before see first 6* Champions and as long if not longer before see second, and so on, 6* Champions after first), or take 5*s to R4 max Level, or Max all 5*s regardless (have only one(1) good 5* Champion, the Hulk, rest mediocre like Black Panther (Civil War), Daredevil, and Iron Patriot)?
If can understand all that w/o Annie Oakley De-Coder Ring, would appreciate any/all constructive comments (eg my premises wrong & why, answer one or both questions, answer any question(s) not asked obvious or otherwise…). Thank you, hopefully in advance, of many awe inspiring and ‘a-ha moments’ answers to come. Please?

Comments

• Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Hard to read but anyway.

Are you 100% master every month?

Are you uncollected?

Beating the challenges, boss rush etc?

If the answer to at least 2 of those is yes, then I would wait for killer 5*

If not, I would R5 the best 4* you have and attack that content.

It will take a long time before you dupe 5* and probably longer before you get the great pulls but if you aren't grabbing the rewards now from content because your 4/40 aint cutting it, you should be aiming there first but don't rank garbage.

• Options
    OldaviseOldavise Posts: 35
    Thank you so much for your input, incredibly helpful.
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    It would not hurt to take a couple 4 stars to 5/50. They will help you progress so much further than 4/40s will, and to be honest they don't require too many resources, the only problem is t4cc. I would focus on 4 stars that aren't available as 5/6 stars (sw, wolvie, even vision), or 4 stars that you have duped, which need dupes to be good (star lord, voodoo, etc).

In general my advice would be to prioritize 5 stars over 4 stars, but it really depends on your progress in game and what champs you have. For your current 5 stars, only hulk is rly worth upgrading, but even then I wouldn't go past 3/45 until u dupe him.

Saving for 6 stars is pointless, especially since they require t5b, and if you are able to get those then t4cc and t2a won't be a problem.

Just some other tips, you don't have to format it as "4* R4/L40" or "5* R2/35" on the forums. Just say "4/40" or "2/35" and we will all know what you mean. Use parentheses sparingly and u good to go man
  • Options
    Thank you for your comment, extremely helpful.
  • Options
    DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    Personally, I’ve kept all my 4* champs, including duped God’s (SSE, Archangel, Gwenpool, Blade, etc.) at 4/40.

I’ve found it’s been enough to be Uncollected, do the monthly quests, complete my AW path, etc. I’ll just use a boost when needed for a tough boss fight.

I’m pretty new to the game - started in November 2017 - so I don’t have many T4cc, and those I do get I am saving solely to bring my best 5* to 3/45.

To each his or her own, but I’m gonna be patient as long as I have what I need to get the job done.
  • Options
    Rob6Rob6 Posts: 35
    If you are not uncollected yet save them units. Once u get the uncollected monthly challenge 6* shards will start clocking up. I have 9 5* but still rank up good four stars as only one of my five stars is God their.
  • Options
    So many good comments, giving advice I desperately wanted when posted this.