**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

4 Star Captain WWII worth upgrading??

Hi Guys, I have five 4-star players namely,
The Hulk
Green Goblin
King Groot
Karnak
Captain America WWII

Which one should be upgraded and which one should be left.

Comments

• KyleMKyleM Posts: 129
    Cap wwII
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    If hulk is duped, I'd rank him up over the others.
  • TurbulentUrFaceTurbulentUrFace Posts: 311
    Cap and Hulk are both good science champs. I would personally take hulk up first. Goblin is also worth upgrading. King groot's not bad, lot of health but his attack is low. I would just leave Karnak alone. He's not worth the items.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    I just got 4* cap ww2 so not sure about him
  • TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354
    Cap WWII is an average champ IMO. Not really good. I took my Cap WWII to R5 and he's my one of the least used champs.

Hulk (if duped) is your best choice, Green Goblin is also really good in both attack and defence. King Groot is good for defence.
  • AshburnAshburn Posts: 270
    Ppl ranked capt for AQ but with the arrival of sentinels his value dropped. I'd r4 him at best.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Cap is great. His Block Proficiency is the best in the game. Hulk is very useful as well.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Once upon a time when there are alot less champs overall, and mostly average science champs in general, Cap WWII is considered decent. I had my 4* Cap WWII at R4/40, but as more champs released, Cap WWII is having no more place in AQ, AW or Quest. He is with my other Cap classic (R3/30) for arena roster only for now. My Cap WWII won't go any further to R5. I'll priortize science resources for Hulk Ragnarok, Hulk, Void, Quake, Red Hulk, Luke Cage, and even MODOK (for AWD), all ahead of Cap WWII.

Again, don't get me wrong, he is NOT bad, he is still pretty good, but nowadays good is not good enough anymore as the game progresses.
  • ManiMjManiMj Posts: 15
    Thank you so much for the useful advice guys. I will go with Goblin and Hulk then.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Hulk if duped
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    It depends on how long you think you will play the game. If you are going to play for the next couple of years then all of them are worth ranking except Karnak. Eventually you will have all of those champs duped multiple times
  • Zeus_GMJZeus_GMJ Posts: 6
    If Cap WWII is awakened then i would prefer him as his ability is about perfect block and reduces the incoming damage.
    Hulk is a good damage dealing champ and if awaken his fury damage is incredible.
    Green Goblin is an annoying champ..his awakened ability is that if u use his sp2 you will place a random debuffs on the opponent
    King Groot: He is bleed,poison immune and he is a tank better for AW defense,if awakened he has regens..fury buffs come again and again at speciifc time period.
    Karnak: SERIOUSLY I DON"T HAVE HIM I SOLD HIM WHEN I GOT THAT GUY
    My opinion
    IF AWAKEND
    1)Hulk
    2)Cap WW II
    3)Green GOblin
    4)King groot
    5)Karnak
    IF NOT
    same order except swap WWII and hulk's place.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    For a new player that block for WWII is huge.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    For a new player that block for WWII is huge.

I've got to agree with this. If these champs are your only 4* champs, I'd guess that you're still reasonably new to the game.

I took Cap WWII up as my 2nd rank 5 champ and he got me through a TON of content that other champs would have struggled with. He was on my questing team all the way through the end of 5.3. He only got replaced in 5.4 once I had some 4/55 champs to use.

His duped ability greatly increases his perfect block chance when the enemy has a buff. This was VERY helpful in both questing and in AW. I was using him in AW up to about Tier 1 when I finally got a few 4/55 champs to bring in. The reduction in block damage makes him very survivable and really reduces potion use. He got me through a lot of enemies like Stun Immune Spider-man with enhanced crit rate/damage. Just block all attacks until you get an opening. This strategy would kill other champs through block damage. Plenty of similar applications come up when doing Act 5 or AW. And his bleed on L2 is great. Max out deep wounds for full effect.

Full disclosure, I did rank him down when we got the rank down tickets on Christmas. He simply got outclassed by the 5* champs I was getting and taking to rank 4. His damage couldn't keep up with the stronger enemies in AW and I no longer had a use for him. Though Act 5 was 100% explored by this point.

Now that he's a 6* champ (he doesn't exist as a 5*), he's one of my personal top prospects. In my mind, the 4* version shines when you've got the skill but you don't have the roster. He might take longer than most to finish the fight, but he'll survive longer than most too. He was instrumental in clearing content I had no business clearing.
    Yes I am quite new to the game and right now my level is 32. Just got 4 star Medusa. What should I do with her??
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    @ManiMj Grea pull! Rank her up right away. Everyone is trying to get her right now for AQ.
    Sure thing
    Guys I have got 4 star vulture. How about him??