**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So, does Glory stay after Season 4?

CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
Honestly, that's my whole question. Will Glory and the Glory Store stick around when Season 5 comes around? It was probably answered when Glory was released, but I don't know where that thread is. Anyone have the answer? Thanks!
-CrusherOfDreams

Comments

• GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    Each season something is removed and added to spice it up.
    Not sure why it even matters though, you should be using glory every single week.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Grinder wrote: »
    Each season something is removed and added to spice it up.
    Not sure why it even matters though, you should be using glory every single week.

So it will be removed?
  • DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    We don't have any plans to remove Glory with the end of the Season, but we haven't even started looking at what Season 5 will look like yet. This was a major progression in what Alliance Quests are, so I wouldn't count on it being removed.

Good to know! Honestly Miike, if there's anything the game team has implemented that stands out the most, it's the glory store. As a player, I love the idea of choosing my own rewards week after week (which is why I've personally been afraid of you guys removing it, lol).
    We don't have any plans to remove Glory with the end of the Season, but we haven't even started looking at what Season 5 will look like yet. This was a major progression in what Alliance Quests are, so I wouldn't count on it being removed.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again. Glory is probably my favorite aspect of anything Alliance related. Thanks for keeping it in the game. You got this one right, guys.
  • PaulnkPaulnk Posts: 16

Can I ask that you don't raise the difficulty of the maps again in season 5. All of them seem to be in good spot right now. If you feel like higher up people need more of a challenge add a 7th map. If you keep making maps harder than average level people of the future will keep getting worse rewards. Not criticism, just advice.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    I bet season 5 is months away. We are only a month into the new season and the previous seasons have last over 30 weeks.
    Thawnim wrote: »
    I bet season 5 is months away. We are only a month into the new season and the previous seasons have last over 30 weeks.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't ask questions about it. I'm trying to make sure that I'll be able to keep getting my t4 cats and t4cc frags.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

That doesn't mean we shouldn't ask questions about it. I'm trying to make sure that I'll be able to keep getting my t4 cats and t4cc frags.

I think the problem is that S5 is so far in the future the only thing the devs can say at the moment is whether they currently have no plans to change or not. There's enough time between today and the start of S5 that any answer you get to this question would be subject to change.

Since glory is an entirely new currency that required adding a store and other mechanics to the game, I think it is highly unlikely they would remove it in S5. But there's every reason to believe that the store and the costs of items will change over time, and not just in S5, but perhaps also before S5 releases.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★

Don't mean to sound like an idiot, but it worries me that there hasn't been any start or planning on season 5... hopefully it's because other things will be coming (new things like R Workshop, Rifts etc)

Not because all attention is being ploughed into Transformers and this will become another dead forum like all the other forums on the old format.

Every week that goes by we hear less and less, it's worrying that the commitment isn't there and this whole 2020 thing is just a dream.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I think the problem is that S5 is so far in the future the only thing the devs can say at the moment is whether they currently have no plans to change or not. There's enough time between today and the start of S5 that any answer you get to this question would be subject to change.

Since glory is an entirely new currency that required adding a store and other mechanics to the game, I think it is highly unlikely they would remove it in S5. But there's every reason to believe that the store and the costs of items will change over time, and not just in S5, but perhaps also before S5 releases.

I guess that is true. Plus, taking Kabam's word for face value hasn't always work in the past. Sometimes there's some underlying meaning that doesn't really make sense, so Miike or Ad0ra has to come out and clarify something that could've been easily avoided. I really hope we can trust them to keep Glory, or at least replace it with something similar if it's removed.

Don't mean to sound like an idiot, but it worries me that there hasn't been any start or planning on season 5... hopefully it's because other things will be coming (new things like R Workshop, Rifts etc)

Since AQ doesn't really have any significant amount of non-combat content to develop, it is primarily about tweaking maps and rebalancing the difficulty and rewards in AQ, there wouldn't be anything interesting to do with AQ season 5 yet. AQ season 5 will primarily be a reaction to the state of affairs relatively close to the end of season 4: how hard the content is relative to the moving target of how strong the players are, and what the rewards should be relative to the current state of progress and reward issues in the game at that time. Because AQ is in effect rebalanced moreso than it is content creation, you can't really do that work too far ahead of time.

Since AQ doesn't really have any significant amount of non-combat content to develop, it is primarily about tweaking maps and rebalancing the difficulty and rewards in AQ, there wouldn't be anything interesting to do with AQ season 5 yet. AQ season 5 will primarily be a reaction to the state of affairs relatively close to the end of season 4: how hard the content is relative to the moving target of how strong the players are, and what the rewards should be relative to the current state of progress and reward issues in the game at that time. Because AQ is in effect rebalanced moreso than it is content creation, you can't really do that work too far ahead of time.

Yes, they just take feedback and tweak some things towards the latter half of the seasons. This whole new AQ currency is a very new concept, and no groundbreaking concepts have been implemented like this since AQ was developed as a whole. Don't expect much for a few seasons.

I guess that is true. Plus, taking Kabam's word for face value hasn't always work in the past. Sometimes there's some underlying meaning that doesn't really make sense, so Miike or Ad0ra has to come out and clarify something that could've been easily avoided. I really hope we can trust them to keep Glory, or at least replace it with something similar if it's removed.

The reason why I think we're reasonably safe with Glory is simply because it is just an abstract currency. If you think about it, if they replaced it with something else totally different, that's indistinguishable from simply changing Glory to work that new way. Because they can change how much of it we earn, how we earn it, how much we have to spend, and what things we can even buy with it, it will probably always make more sense to mutate Glory than replace it. What ever they replaced it with, they could just call "Glory" and technically keep Glory around.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Glory is relatively new. I don't see it leaving any time soon.

See, what worries me is that they do get rid of things like this. Take Rocket's Workshop for example. I know that it was intended to be limited-time only, and Glory isn't, but a whole new currency system has been introduced and then just taken away before. That's my only worry here, and I'm hoping Kabam won't make it become reality.
    Glory is obtained from alliance quests.

Yes. Yes it is.
    Seriously, what did you mean?

See, what worries me is that they do get rid of things like this. Take Rocket's Workshop for example. I know that it was intended to be limited-time only, and Glory isn't, but a whole new currency system has been introduced and then just taken away before. That's my only worry here, and I'm hoping Kabam won't make it become reality.

I see what you mean, but I see a difference between scrap and Glory. Scrap functioned more like keys that unlock content and were handled like materials - they showed up in your normal inventory. They were explicitly created to be temporary and intrinsically isolated to the content they were relevant for. Glory is a new currency that the devs actually spent time modifying the game to support: it shows up with the rest of our currencies at the top of screen, there's a new glory store interface in the stores area. That's a lot more development work they are less likely to throw away. Although we players sort of treated scrap like currency, it wasn't really implemented in the game as currency in my opinion.

To put it another way, Scrap looked like something the devs could easily add to the game and then discard, only to make another version of it down the line in other content, and then discard again. Mechanically, it worked mostly like crystal fragments, and those are nothing special. Glory does not look like something they could just add and then remove only to add again at a whim. They look more "permanent" as a result.

Of course, nothing is really permanent in an MMO, but I think Glory will still be here in S5.
    Hey Miike, I've got someone following me and flagging everything I say. I can't see who thanks to that change, so I can't even ask them to stop. Could you talk to them? It's getting annoying. This has happened before, too. I've complained to other mods, and all that happened was that all responses were made anonymous. Not only does that do nothing to stop people like this, it encourages them. If no users can see what they are doing, and mods don't usually check out flagged posts unless they receive multiple flags, they can get away with it almost every time. Please get these 500+ flags off of my account, and talk to whatever person is flagging me.

The Workshop was not meant to be permanent.

I know that and I said that. I'm just saying that they've "scrapped" (haha, get it?) new currencies before. That said, Scrap was meant to be temporary. It's unclear if this was meant to be permanent or not. It seems set up to be permanent, but I just want confirmation since things aren't always as they seem.

I know that and I said that. I'm just saying that they've "scrapped" (haha, get it?) new currencies before. That said, Scrap was meant to be temporary. It's unclear if this was meant to be permanent or not. It seems set up to be permanent, but I just want confirmation since things aren't always as they seem.

They never scrapped it because it wasn't a new currency introduced. It was a Special Event.

They never scrapped it because it wasn't a new currency introduced. It was a Special Event.

Isn't currency something you buy things with? Yes, it was temporary and was part of a special event, but was technically a currency.
    Anyway, that's all beside the point. I just wanted to make sure Glory was here to stay.
    edited June 2017
    @Kabam Miike, did you see my comment a little earlier? It's getting annoying.

Isn't currency something you buy things with? Yes, it was temporary and was part of a special event, but was technically a currency.

Well, not in the sense you're using. It was designed that way so people could select the Rewards they wanted. The only source of it was from the temporary Event.
    It's not the same as Glory, which is an actual currency, and is a more permanent installation into the game.

Well, not in the sense you're using. It was designed that way so people could select the Rewards they wanted. The only source of it was from the temporary Event.
    It's not the same as Glory, which is an actual currency, and is a more permanent installation into the game.

Yes, it was temporary, but was used as a currency. It was a temporary currency.

You said they introduced a new currency and scrapped it. That's not the case. They designed it for that Event alone. It wasn't meant to be a new recurring currency. Just limited to that Event. It's not the same as Glory, which is a currency that is earned every week through AQ. It wasn't supposed to stay. Lol. You can't compare the two because one was never meant to stay.

You said they introduced a new currency and scrapped it. That's not the case. They designed it for that Event alone. It wasn't meant to be a new recurring currency. Just limited to that Event. It's not the same as Glory, which is a currency that is earned every week through AQ. It wasn't supposed to stay. Lol. You can't compare the two because one was never meant to stay.

I shouldn't have said scrapped. I was using that as more of a joke. I mean that they've implemented temporary currencies before, and I was hoping that this one wouldn't be. It doesn't seem like it's going to go away any time soon, but I was just trying to make sure.

Btw, what did you say to Woolvy that made him go insane and start a thread railing on you. I mean, he's banned now. Did you actually do anything, or was it just that you stated a controversial opinion and he threw a hissy fit?