**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Infinity Chaos Event Energy Requirements [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    I didn't ever realize less days..
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Popping a full refill and not being able to finish a path is so annoying.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike you dont need to feed us garbage saying it doesnt increase much. All up the increase is hundreds of energy this month.
    A few months ago you said that energy requirements were being reduced... nownthey have gone way up...
    There should be more scaling between the amount of paths and energy per node between the difficuties also...
    It is great that begginer is shorter and cheaper....
    Why is normal, heroic and master all the same????
    It makes sense uncollected is higher but there should be difference between the rest....
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    This would be different if Kabam wasn't trying to sucker people into buying master keys, or if normal was maybe 1-2-2 energy. It's bizarre that master and normal carry the same cost, and normal is almost the same as uncollected.

I don't need a "fast path" to cheat my way through completion but I need maps that don't make me angry because they sprawl in every direction for no reason. Take three nodes off every path in 3.2 and it saves 63 energy per difficulty level (42 beginner), and it's still bigger than any other map you've done for EQ. It's insulting the way this was designed.
  • BruteForce75BruteForce75 Posts: 48
    ibvsrraa8gz1.jpeg
    Not just a slight increase. My best guess is more cost for greater rewards (chaos rifts). However, they haven’t done that in the past (first chaos rifts, rocket’s scrapyard, etc.)
  • OmdhuleOmdhule Posts: 37
    For this month, we have to 100%all 4 difficulties to get shards for chaos rifts and this month needs way tooooooooo much energy even for one difficulty. Also, I would like to see some energy refills given for free because we ourselves will cause a lot of units for completion and exploration.
  • Guy_NoirGuy_Noir Posts: 31
    It's crazy. Hard to see it as anything but intentional.
  • GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 265

It's really not that much at all. You have to put into consideration that you have a full month to complete it. One not using units can easily 100% Uncollected and Master before the month is over.

I like to 100% B-N-H-M-U, this month even more then others.
    All difficulties costs 6.924 energy (almost more then 1.000 compared to last month).
    this month we also have rifts! 100% BNHMU gives us enough shards to run 2xT1;2xT2;2xT3;3xT4 for a total of 396 energy.

it is 7320 energy total.
    How many energy can you have in 30 days?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    To be honest, I might do Normal, I might not. I've finished Heroic. I'll do Master. If I do Beginner, that will give me another run through up to a Master Rift. That's 2 runs at a Master. Good enough for me. There's no absolute need to do them all. Certainly not if it's going to burn me out.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    It isnt about how hard the paths are its about the length. Four empty spaces no ambushes anymore so why so many empty nodes except for the express purpose of running us out of energy before we complete a path?
    Obviously to make it a challenge to complete. Otherwise we whip through it in the first week and have 3 weeks of boredom. Lol.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Yeah but some of us have uncollected to run as well, and being bottlenecked with alphas as usual I like to run 100% 4 difficulties normally. To maximise, this month won’t be doin normal, it’s not just the alpha it’s the units as well. Honestly think it was a bad month to do it, it’s almost like they are trying to cull a few of the bored players who aren’t spending anymore, my alliance had another 500k member retire today, Cant say I’m excited about the way the game is heading
  • btPhoneHomebtPhoneHome Posts: 8
    edited April 2018
    I'm not really that mad about the amount of energy it takes to complete the quest. On it's own it's not a big deal. Takes a little longer, sure, but we have a month. The part that is irritating is that they do it on a month that they also have rifts running where they know people will want to explore every difficulty to maximize the times they can run the rifts. Also, rifts require energy... unlike other months where some quests that run congruent to the event quests do not require energy. To me, this is taking advantage of players.

Not sure if this was already mentioned... I only read the first page of the thread before commenting.
    They didn't add a few more steps to EQ just to get rid of people. Lol. I'm positive that wasn't their aim.
  • Philly3974Philly3974 Posts: 360
    For completion event, my ally usually spams 4.4.1 (storm boss) for 2700 pts each run which you can basically auto-fight or 5.1.1 outer right path 38 energy (kang boss) for 3000pts for event....but agreed that the energy it takes to complete this months event is def higher than those in the past.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    There hasn't been any change as far as I've seen. It takes a lot of Energy.

They did the math.

It's a 21% increase in total energy from last months quest.

There's definitely a change and probably why you have 15 "LOL" responses.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    There hasn't been any change as far as I've seen. It takes a lot of Energy.

They did the math.

It's a 21% increase in total energy from last months quest.

There's definitely a change and probably why you have 15 "LOL" responses.

I like this response. Hard to argue facts, although some do.

Dr. Zola
    ibvsrraa8gz1.jpeg
    Not just a slight increase. My best guess is more cost for greater rewards (chaos rifts). However, they haven’t done that in the past (first chaos rifts, rocket’s scrapyard, etc.)

I'd like to suggest one change: "an RNG chance" for greater rewards. There's a very meaningful difference.

Dr. Zola
    To be honest, I might do Normal, I might not. I've finished Heroic. I'll do Master. If I do Beginner, that will give me another run through up to a Master Rift. That's 2 runs at a Master. Good enough for me. There's no absolute need to do them all. Certainly not if it's going to burn me out.

You clearly aren't thinking of the thousands of people who also have to do Uncollected when defending the length of this months EQ.

People don't HAVE to do anything. A couple extra runs for the Rewards is fair. They would have been doing it regardless. There's an element of entitlement here that's not proportionate. People are placing pressure on themselves to do all Rifts possible, then complaining about the effort they need to put in. Do the math on the Rewards available in those Rifts and see if you can't excuse the Energy you need to put into Exploration. If you can't see how it would be reasonable, chances are your expectation is off.
  • General_VisGeneral_Vis Posts: 138
    I wouldn’t mind so much if Kabam came out and said that because rifts are here this month they’ve increased energy costs to account for the extra rewards we’ll be getting.

However they haven’t done that and have previously said quests won’t take more than a full set of energy at 70 (incorrect) and that monthly variations won’t change too much (incorrect).

One of the repeated complaints against Kabam is a lack of openeess and this just feels like another attempt to pull the wool over people’s eyes.
    I wouldn’t mind so much if Kabam came out and said that because rifts are here this month they’ve increased energy costs to account for the extra rewards we’ll be getting.

However they haven’t done that and have previously said quests won’t take more than a full set of energy at 70 (incorrect) and that monthly variations won’t change too much (incorrect).

One of the repeated complaints against Kabam is a lack of openeess and this just feels like another attempt to pull the wool over people’s eyes.

Maybe I'm just looking back through rose-colored glasses, but the communication and even camaraderie between game team and community was a lot better when Ad0ra was more active on the forums. There was much more meaningful give-and-take. I realize she was front and center when the suicides changes and 12.0 occurred, but it always seemed like she was able to make definitive and fulsome statements and wasn't afraid to tackle issues. I like to think she would have been more upfront about changes like these.

Dr. Zola
  • Nick0609Nick0609 Posts: 71
    this month's heroic takes 1546 energy...... if you look at the x-men terrogenicide from 2016 it was 1255 energy..6nk0nazhfeql.jpg
    or even the guardians of the galaxy was 1203 energy, not to mention hotel modok was 1301
  • BrutalMiraBrutalMira Posts: 235
    Yes bro because kabam make it longger you can see that the distance of the champion to the next champion cost you 12 energy now unlike the old quest only 3 to 6 energy
  • BrutalMiraBrutalMira Posts: 235
    gl933pylveg9.png