**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

War Defender Kills

Kabam, why did you take away defender kills from the war point totals? I’m tired of my alliance losing wars because the other team had more money. Logically, if two alliances fight each other and both perfectly 100% the backgrounds, the stronger of the 2 alliances will win by default because they’re stronger. I’ve had a war where we missed 2 nodes but still 100% the rest and the other team 100% their bgs. They only had 26 defender kills and we had 112. And we still lost because their defender rating was higher.

Comments

• AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Defender rating hasn't been a thing for long time... Did this post magically travel through time from 2017?
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    They took this into account with attack bonus. Defender rating doesnt count any more either. Look up the new aw scoring system. In your results it even shows you the categories.

You get 150 points for exploration per node then up to 240 for attack bonus if you cab take it without dieing. The good thing is this caps out at 3, so if you have one really super tough defender and you die 10 times, you havent lost any more potential points than you would have done at 3 deaths.

If they do not place a champ you get the bonus. In short, if they took more champions with first time kills than you, then they can easily make up the win difference. They also get points for defenders remaining.

In short, look up new scoring system.

• VizardVizard Posts: 71
    Yea...the new war scoring system is about the only thing that is OK about alliance stuff these days. It finally takes into account skill more than the old system did.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Kabam, why did you take away defender kills from the war point totals? I’m tired of my alliance losing wars because the other team had more money. Logically, if two alliances fight each other and both perfectly 100% the backgrounds, the stronger of the 2 alliances will win by default because they’re stronger. I’ve had a war where we missed 2 nodes but still 100% the rest and the other team 100% their bgs. They only had 26 defender kills and we had 112. And we still lost because their defender rating was higher.
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    Defender rating hasn't been a thing for long time... Did this post magically travel through time from 2017?

It does seem weird to me that the post seems to be talking about a situation that hasn't existed for months now.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Str wrote: »
    You get 150 points for exploration per node then up to 240 for attack bonus if you cab take it without dieing. The good thing is this caps out at 3, so if you have one really super tough defender and you die 10 times, you havent lost any more potential points than you would have done at 3 deaths.

If they do not place a champ you get the bonus.

Subtle correction here. The attack bonus is for "capturing" the node without dying. If they don't place a defender you still have to "capture" the node to get the attack bonus. All this takes is moving through the node because you automatically win if there is no defender there.

This only applies to nodes for which you can actually place a defender there. There is no attack bonus for moving through a node that cannot hold a defender.

Basically, if you don't attack it, you don't get the attack bonus that's there. Even if the node has no defender to attack, you still have to move through it.
  • LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    Lmao I think I was half asleep and angry when I posted this. My alliance will lose a war because either we’re bad or they happen to spend more money to finish clearing whereas most of us in my alliance don’t want to pay to win. Or the other alliance just happens to be all out better lol. I’m a realist. But you’re all right, defender rating was ruled out a WHILE ago. I don’t even know why this got posted 😂
  • LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    I however can see the point in my blind, tired rambling. I do wish Kabam kept defender kills as a deciding factor in wars because after the attack bonus has been exhausted, there’s no penalty if an alliance happens to give 26 kills to one defender before pressing on. But I’m not judging you Kabam, gotta make money and that’s an easy way to get it lol
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    I like it the way it is. Attack bonus was best thing to happen to aw. Really puts skill to the front. You die 1 time in higher tiers can literally be the difference between winning and losing that war. Guys throwing out a ton of items to clear a lane actually cost Wars to be lost