**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Bishop vs. Rogue

vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
edited April 2018 in Strategy and Tips
Going to have to take a mutant to 4/55 soon and I am just wondering is there any benefit bishop has over rogue? (My two best mutant options atm)

Rogue shrugs all debuffs 70% faster and effectively is immune to most stuns when fully limbered, bit of healing, nice power steal.

Bishop has beast energy resistance (coldsnap seems to do roughly the same amount of damage as against a rogue, but does decrease limbo and mephisto's incinerate damage it looks like?), has a bit of regen, potential to generate power really fast.

Bishop just seems underwhelming to me and I am looking for advice to where bishop would shine drastically over a rogue (for example, I wouldnt bring either into a mephisto/magik fight, so kind of negates that aspect of bishop).

Oppinions from anyone who has extensively tested bishop would be appreciated but all oppinions are welcome :).

Comments

• McocBladeMcocBlade Posts: 13
    I wud choose bishop, he is very good against magic, electro , any energy based attacker and against skill champs, u get to sp2 faster than above opponent , fire sp2 and its over most of the time in story and event quest. I find him very effective in short fights
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    McocBlade wrote: »
    I wud choose bishop, he is very good against magic, electro , any energy based attacker and against skill champs, u get to sp2 faster than above opponent , fire sp2 and its over most of the time in story and event quest. I find him very effective in short fights

Ok thanks for those good points you made!.
    Anyone else?

Do you think he is 4/55 worthy over rogue?
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Rogue is a personal favorite, so I'm biased towards her. She doesn't just shrug off debuffs faster and have life/power steal- her unique ability is to steal the opponent's buffs. If played correctly, she can hold on to the infinitely and prevent the opponent from gaining them back. This actually counters spiked armor (won't take reflected damage when she steals the physical resistance) and buffet (if she replicates a buff and it gets stolen by buffet, she steals the buffet regen instead). Her sp2 makes her amazing on power reserve.
    taojay1 wrote: »
    Rogue is a personal favorite, so I'm biased towards her. She doesn't just shrug off debuffs faster and have life/power steal- her unique ability is to steal the opponent's buffs. If played correctly, she can hold on to the infinitely and prevent the opponent from gaining them back. This actually counters spiked armor (won't take reflected damage when she steals the physical resistance) and buffet (if she replicates a buff and it gets stolen by buffet, she steals the buffet regen instead). Her sp2 makes her amazing on power reserve.

Ya i love rogue thats why I was curious it seems like she does most of what bishop does and more.
    Sorry to bump this again but the more I play bishop the more I like him and I am quickly learning how he can blaze through easy paths in even exploring master event difficulty at 3/45

So basically I am bumping to see of anyone else has anymore opinions or if anyone knows a profile with a 4/55 that would be great to view.

Thanks
  • DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
    man, seeing this and no one is answering... i wish i can help, but i never even fought with a bishop. at this point my advice would be to go with what makes you happy :) go with the champ YOU prefer bud. in the end its for fun!
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    I agree with Dingalo
    Dingalo wrote: »
    man, seeing this and no one is answering... i wish i can help, but i never even fought with a bishop. at this point my advice would be to go with what makes you happy :) go with the champ YOU prefer bud. in the end its for fun!

And thank you for sound advice :)

I am going to keep using bishop and see if the novelty of the champ dies away.

I have had rogue for so long fights seem dry. It is difficult to find a place for her on my teams with my roster but maybe bringing her to 4/55 would help.

Again seeing the stats of a 4/55 bishop would probably help a lot.
  • Rob6Rob6 Posts: 35
    Bishop for me. I've had Rouge for so long and like you get bored. Don't get me wrong she is great but have more fun playing different champs.
  • NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    Rogue is now my go to champ for all sentinels. Hate to take her off my war team, but I was having trouble with AQ sentinels and she has been crushing it for me. I don't have bishop, but rogue has jumped into my top 5 champs recently.
    Rob6 wrote: »
    Bishop for me. I've had Rouge for so long and like you get bored. Don't get me wrong she is great but have more fun playing different champs.

Same reason why i have been taking bishop ovee rogue lately
    Rogue is now my go to champ for all sentinels. Hate to take her off my war team, but I was having trouble with AQ sentinels and she has been crushing it for me. I don't have bishop, but rogue has jumped into my top 5 champs recently.

Hmm interesting she just cant steal their buffs right (not that it is compeltely necessary for sents)

But I imagine the special attacks will make bishop gain prowess like a boss also.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Not familiar with Bishop but duped Rogue’s power gain and life steal on critical hits makes her one of the game’s most sustainable champs
    Not familiar with Bishop but duped Rogue’s power gain and life steal on critical hits makes her one of the game’s most sustainable champs

Ya shes wicked for power reserve nodes too