**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Having better luck with Sentineloids in AQ this week? Find solutions?

HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
Personally still not perfect against Sentineloids, but better. We start at 5200 Prestige on Map 5. 9000 by day 5. So, may be a different story then.

I honestly thought my R3 Five star unduped Hyperion would be my go to.

But so far, my best luck has been with R5 Four Star Thor.

Wanna hear ur success or failure stories with the Sentineloids. Hopefully they are easier for everyone this week.

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I use a 4/55 sl. Fights are over in 20 hits on day 1 and around 30 hits on day 5
  • Abracadaver12Abracadaver12 Posts: 24
    no they still suck.
  • HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
    Would kill to have a duped R4 Five Star Starlord. Such a weapon.
  • Cmurder61Cmurder61 Posts: 12
    im 1 t4 tech away from r4ing mine
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,979 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    R4 5* Angela has been the star for me against them. Took a view videos I can upload. I plan on recording each sentinel fight i do for this AQ.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    After struggling the first few days last week I ended up bringing completely new team on day 5. 6* Beast, 5* R4 SL and 5* R3 LC. Reached last boss with no deaths. This weak same team killed first MS no issues so far. Will see how day 5 MS is going to be though.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    We start at 6600+ prestige. Still not great on debuff immune skill Sentinel on days when my best are in war. Better than week one though.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    6* Angelina 😎
  • Stark_90Stark_90 Posts: 19
    I hate fighting sentineliods. Rogue worked well on Cosmic Sentineliods but I am still looking for a better and quicker way to end the fight.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Glad that "your secret admirer" hasn't trolled this post yet. :) Oppps .... did I just jinx it? :(

Joke aside, this week (starting my 1st AQ in a new merged alliance, after loosing 10 veteran active members last week due to AQ related reasons), I'm taking Mystic Paths in Map 5 (including the poison path), so far day 1 is doing well, but no where close to the symbiote experience. Am I begin to enjoy it? H3ll no!

I expect to have my butt kicked starting Day 4 and onwards.
    I still haven't figured out Sentinel movements yet. They are very "Passive Aggressive" at times. You think they will attack and they just stand there holding block. Then the moment you try to attack, they are on you. Very much like the timing of Symbioids on Day 5 of AQ.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I used a 4/55 morningstar for most fights this aq since she wasn’t on aw defense. Get up to 5 souls and you can heal and take no damage from blocks. Works great on skill and debuff immune sentinels
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I used a 4/55 morningstar for most fights this aq since she wasn’t on aw defense. Get up to 5 souls and you can heal and take no damage from blocks. Works great on skill and debuff immune sentinels

Brought my 5/50 morning star this round. She shreds sentinels at 5 souls.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    The biggest problem with the Sentinel minions are not the Sentinels themselves, it is the AI of the Sentinel. There is an 'Aggressive Meter' that Kabam can set the AI too. In content such as Labyrinth of Legends, Alliance War, Act V, etc this meter is set pretty high. The enemy will dash into you often, use specials more often, and are overall more predictable. I think Kabam meant for this meter to almost serve as a difficulty meter, with more aggressive opponents supposed to be more difficult fights.

However when this Aggressive Meter is set low, the opposite happens and fights actually become more difficult/annoying. These are evidenced by low streak arena fights (1-15), low-level questing/catalysts quests, and most notably Symboids in AQ. When the Aggressive Meter is set low, you can't predictably parry or intercept the opponent because they often pause inbetween attacks. They are less likely to dash into you as well to parry. The timing is much different than the regular aggressive fights we are used to. Before Sentinels were in AQ, the previous Symboids have always been low-AI or non-aggressive compared to other fights. I was always on my toes fighting Symboids because I never knew if they were going to pause for a brief moment, messing with my timing.

Once you understand how to fight the less-aggressive AI, then you should have an easier time with Sentinels in AQ. They tend to stand with there with no block up often. Never dash into an opponent who is standing there with the block down (this goes for all opponenets because the AI is programmed to intercept you). Wait until they are blocking to dash into them, then counter-parry. I don't think Kabam has any interest in modyfing the low-level AI at this point. But my suggestion to alleviating the problem players are having with AQ Sentinels is to increase their aggressiveness just a tad, up to par with other non-symboids in AQ.
    You really hit the nail on the head there. It's the timing that throws me off. I wait forever for them to attack so I can parry, then not prepared for my next moves when they never do.
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    I was lucky enough to pull Sentinel (twice) from the bundle they sold last month. Brought him in and he’s great against them. Armor break on l1 and the incinerate hits hard. Trying Magik as well and her power lock is reducing stress of baiting. Probably moving my 4/55 Sentinel to permanent AQ. Class advantage over NC, immune for MS and heal block for GG.