**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

When my Gold hits zero, I will....

Comments

• rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    There were gold crystals yesterday, should've bought them. Did you? No, because you dont want to solve your own problems!!
    edited April 2018
    There were gold crystals yesterday, should've bought them. Did you? No, because you dont want to solve your own problems!!

Someone’s opened $65 worth of crystals which got 720k gold. Brilliant. If I drop an Odin vault then I might get enough gold to rank one of my new 5* to rank 2 Level 35.

That's the game, you get it now!!
    You dont spend, you dont get gold.

All the people talking about inflation, There are actual kabam employees, dealing with actual inflation, which means they need money to make ends meet. Get it?? Inflation in real world drives inflation in game to support real life.

Someone’s opened $65 worth of crystals which got 720k gold. Brilliant. If I drop an Odin vault then I might get enough gold to rank one of my new 5* to rank 2 Level 35.

That's the game, you get it now!!
    You dont spend, you dont get gold.

All the people talking about inflation, There are actual kabam employees, dealing with actual inflation, which means they need money to make ends meet. Get it?? Inflation in real world drives inflation in game to support real life.

Are you in this thread trying to have a competition with GW and Cap ww2 to say the stupidest thing? If so, you might have won!

Any game that means you have to spend to progress is no longer f2p. Kabam maintain that they are f2p so you are wrong and severely misguided.

Seems like you are new to mobile milking games.
    You can either progress fast by spending money or grind like hell and still progress slow.

People in this thread want to progress super fast and spend next to nothing.
  • BrandJennBrandJenn Posts: 145
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    l1r1tio4j5i7.png
    This is just a game after all. You guys take this way too seriously. If ur not happy with the amount of gold you have, not happy with the soeed of ur progression, not happy with the way Kabam deals with your lack of gold, miserable in general... just find another game. No one is forcing any one to continue playing

BrandJenn wrote: »
    l1r1tio4j5i7.png
    This is just a game after all. You guys take this way too seriously. If ur not happy with the amount of gold you have, not happy with the soeed of ur progression, not happy with the way Kabam deals with your lack of gold, miserable in general... just find another game. No one is forcing any one to continue playing

So much THIS ^^

While you enjoy, play it. If you are bored, leave it!!
    People stick around because they are addicted. Admit it and just feed your dark side, even if you are unhappy.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    l1r1tio4j5i7.png

So much THIS ^^

While you enjoy, play it. If you are bored, leave it!!
    People stick around because they are addicted. Admit it and just feed your dark side, even if you are unhappy.

Or, you know, seek to improve the experience.
    When my gold hits zero, I will

... Open the 900k Battlechips that I have stored and refresh my stock.
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    I don't have any "problems" with gold at the moment, but I don't see why anyone would be against more ways to get it, OR an increase in the current gold rewards. To me, anyone who comes to these threads and says things "stop whining", can be nothing but a troll. More gold won't hurt you or the game balance (it would actually improve balance), but it WILL help those in need of it.

Git gud!!
    I have heard that if you stop whining, Kabam sends you gold crystal every 10 days.
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    I don't have any "problems" with gold at the moment, but I don't see why anyone would be against more ways to get it, OR an increase in the current gold rewards. To me, anyone who comes to these threads and says things "stop whining", can be nothing but a troll. More gold won't hurt you or the game balance (it would actually improve balance), but it WILL help those in need of it.

No one is against any additional gold in the game. Haven’t heard anyone say DON’T bring more gold into the game... its the CONSTANT complaining. If you dont like it then just stop playing. If ur not happy with whatever “experience improvement” that Kabam gives then stop playing. Instead they continue to play, continue to be miserable, and continue to flood these forums with the same complaints about the same stuff over and over

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Sick of the same arguments in a gold thread.

Op does have valid points, but then you must be ranking up more than you say @Haji_Saab
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    BrandJenn wrote:

You're right, it's just a game and no one is being forced to play.

But let's call it like it is then. It's becoming no longer free to play.
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    The only players sitting on tons of gold are the players who have been grinding the arenas every 2hrs since Kabam introduces them.

Who saw this gold issue coming last April? Maybe I missed those huge discussions going on about “Hey man you better get in those arenas and get your gold stash ready for the increased 5* and new 6*s coming. As the OP said he and many others were sitting on 10-16M in gold, and didn’t see gold as being a problem. One Year later and Brian Grant has less than half the gold he used too. So stop with the grind the arena nonsense, it’s clearly not enough at this point in the game.

If you have an advanced roster, not even a stacked one, maybe 20 5* Champs, it will take you pretty much a year of grinding the arena everyday for 3-5hrs to become gold secure. This is not realistic, when players get tired of being gold poor they will quit. So the clueless people posting about move to a cheaper rent district, that’s a bad analogy. If a critical mass of people move out of a nation, the nation effectively ceases to exist. It’s in the govts best interest to keep its people in country.

Some of this advice being doled out is just tone deaf. It’s like a person living next to a lake full of fish telling a person who lives in a desert he needs to get better at fishing. They want players to log into the game everyday and spend their time pretty much doing nothing, don’t open crystals, don’t rank anyone up, just keep collecting stuff so that in about a year you’ll be able to use it. Are they serious or delusional? Players will leave before they do any of that silliness, and you’ll see more piloting from those who are left trying to do their best to protect their meaningless gold fortunes.

giphy.gif
    BrandJenn wrote:

How is not Free to Play? You don’t have to pay to play this game... you dont HAVE to pay for gold.

In any case, any FREE TO PLAY game is gonna have a price. You pay with your wallet or your time

And again... if ur not happy with the way this game is catering to your wants or need, Just leave
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    It is very simple:

Gold shortage is an issue for non- or casual spenders. Those players want to unlock endgame content (5* and 6* champs maxed out). In a game like this, F2P players cannot (and should not?) reach that level unless they do extreme grinding. And even then there's a point where KABAM wants to see money.

Firstly, whales will just buy gold crystals and basically everything regardless of how much they have to spend. They can rank up champs freely as much as their catalyst stash allows them to.

The problem is also not the casual F2P player who has a bunch of 4* and a very limited selection of 5* (me). I am usually at 300k gold and I can easily balance between ranking up and earning gold in arena (4 milestones in 3 arenas is enough, combined with battlechips).

When, however, you are trying to keep up with the top on a F2P basis, and have a family and a job that doesn't allow a lot of arena grinding, then the gold shortage sets in.

I don't want to say that gold is plentiful or even enough, but at the same time I think that KABAM wants you to open your wallets at a certain level. Since many players at that level don't have to spend much on potions, KABAM squeezes them where it hurts (and where the shot of dopamine can be administered): progression, especially in this group of as good as addicted players. Gold being one of those resources.
    BrandJenn wrote:

How is not Free to Play? You don’t have to pay to play this game... you dont HAVE to pay for gold.

In any case, any FREE TO PLAY game is gonna have a price. You pay with your wallet or your time

And again... if ur not happy with the way this game is catering to your wants or need, Just leave

Nobody is being forced to play this game but it shouldn't shock anyone if it's called a giant cash grab and players leave en masse because the developer refuses to play ball in a two-way game.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    This cap ww2 guy sucks lol
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    I wont be begging for gold but kabam should keep in mind that if I dont have gold to rank champions that I already have, then I have no reason at all to buy crystals to chase any new champions. Which means less money for them. Are you following me so far, kabby?
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Marri wrote: »
    It is very simple:

Gold shortage is an issue for non- or casual spenders. Those players want to unlock endgame content (5* and 6* champs maxed out). In a game like this, F2P players cannot (and should not?) reach that level unless they do extreme grinding. And even then there's a point where KABAM wants to see money.

Firstly, whales will just buy gold crystals and basically everything regardless of how much they have to spend. They can rank up champs freely as much as their catalyst stash allows them to.

The problem is also not the casual F2P player who has a bunch of 4* and a very limited selection of 5* (me). I am usually at 300k gold and I can easily balance between ranking up and earning gold in arena (4 milestones in 3 arenas is enough, combined with battlechips).

When, however, you are trying to keep up with the top on a F2P basis, and have a family and a job that doesn't allow a lot of arena grinding, then the gold shortage sets in.

I don't want to say that gold is plentiful or even enough, but at the same time I think that KABAM wants you to open your wallets at a certain level. Since many players at that level don't have to spend much on potions, KABAM squeezes them where it hurts (and where the shot of dopamine can be administered): progression, especially in this group of as good as addicted players. Gold being one of those resources.

Many players have demonstrated a willingness to spend money (real cash) on certain things. If Kabam put out an offer today for T5Bs and T2As for 100 dollars players would buy them. If they offered a 6* awakening gem players would buy it. However if you asked the same player to grind the arena everyday for 3-5hrs for a year to get gold, in order to use the items from the deal they wouldn’t buy the deals.

Being gold poor slows down the progression of everyone not just the whales. What Kabam is causing is hesitation by players. Players won’t commit dollars to a game they are contemplating leaving, not having fun with, or as some are starting to say a game that may be winding down.
    zwqq7cjbuoda.png
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    The moaning is very entertaining 😂 how about doing rounds on arena instead of wasting time in the forum. People feel so entitled. Wait to rank or play arena it is very simple. Manage your resources wisely. Dont play map 5 or map 6 if you dont play arena and one last time:

Stop whinning this is just a game. Relax take a deep breath and wnjoy your day.
    BrandJenn wrote:

Nobody is being forced to play this game but it shouldn't shock anyone if it's called a giant cash grab and players leave en masse because the developer refuses to play ball in a two-way game.

"En masse" - in a group, all together

I'll wait for the day when I see all of you resign together, till that day, there's no en masse.
    Heck, even if you 5 guys complaining here resign, that's not en masse.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    giphy.gif

Today...
    7x3569q1cf8p.png

Last year...

Depressed that the 5* crystal has bad champions.
    ri2eqra6g9ju.png

Quit tier 1 because of node 24
    yuynl8l0eenw.png

Complains about an unbalanced game. Doesn't find it fun anymore. Complains that ingame rewards don't justify the work needed. Tired of it and so are his friends. Thinks the game won't last much longer.
    j90unjxntbln.png

lmao
    f1n2kqe04pvo.png

LMAO
    owqa03o0yony.png

LMAO!
    534vce3c9g2h.png

giphy.gif

LMAO, oh snap receipts
This discussion has been closed.