**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should extensive flagging be penalised?

GargameshGargamesh Posts: 66
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
We reached a point where people started to flag posts or comments just to express their dislike over someone else's opinion. It's probably because we have a lot of positive options to react with on a comment but only one negative. I think we should either get a dislike/disagree (or similar) option or the extensive flagging should receive some sort of penalty.

Personally I would like some more negative options, like above mentioned "disagree" and "dislike".

Should extensive flagging be penalised? 32 votes

Yes
56%
GroundedWisdomLagmelongtimesuperunknown012Yelin547GunzoGolden_GuardianGrinderTimone147LewisTheLlamaGargameshTheSOURAFel_95NinjaWarrior99Luismarquez131KromestoneTarlungsGamePlayWorldSummonerB2 18 votes
No
43%
RagamugginGunnerSnakeEyes69MEŦAPħҰSkunal_rules01Haji_SaabstakDonaldJTrump69IcthalianFaustThechamp8556Primmer79Il_JooOFilmScorpionElitehunter 14 votes

Comments

• GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Yes
    It's just that **** Woolverine keeps flagging everyone because he's pissed off

But I like your idea
  • GargameshGargamesh Posts: 66
    edited June 2017
    Yes
    See, first flag was already received...
    took less than a minute
    Gunzo wrote: »
    It's just that **** Woolverine keeps flagging everyone because he's pissed off

But I like your idea

It's not just him, but that's my point...the system is getting abused a lot, and I think mainly because of above stated reasons
    Yes
    Mine will come soon
    Yes
    I know, there are many trolls and PC people abusing the system, but currently Woolverine is causing a lot of trouble with this, he keeps on flagging everyone he sees, I'm just saying this to let people know about him
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Gunzo wrote: »
    I know, there are many trolls and PC people abusing the system, but currently Woolverine is causing a lot of trouble with this, he keeps on flagging everyone he sees, I'm just saying this to let people know about him

I was about to say this ... just noticed on my profile that something was wrong
  • TarlungsTarlungs Posts: 113
    Yes
    Flagpocalypse 2017
    Yes
    We're all gonna die of flags!!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Yes
    The problem with the Disagree and Dislike is that they will be abused the same. The problem is the Points. Whenever someone has the ability to affect another's Profile in a negative way, that inevitably leads to problems.
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Who cares? Let them flag all they want. At this point, flagging doesn't even mean anything. Points don't mean anything either. See Websnatcher's GroundedWisdom's profile. I've never seen him have positive points. Does that stop him from posting in almost every thread? No
    Just treat this flagging thing as another forum feature that doesn't work as intended and forget about it

I would agree with this. Who GAF?
    Yes
    The problem with the Disagree and Dislike is that they will be abused the same. The problem is the Points. Whenever someone has the ability to affect another's Profile in a negative way, that inevitably leads to problems.
    You completely ignored the penalty part of my post...
    edited June 2017
    Yes
    So the people who voted no, why is that? I mean, unless you belong to the people who would get penalised...

If there's any other reason to vote no I'd love to hear it. Even if you think it wouldn't change anything, why would you vote against it unless it means a disadvantage for you of any kind?!
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    edited June 2017
    No
    I extensively flagged the player that abused and spam the forum Last night. Should I be penalised? Imo, no. Flagging things like that is a way to grab mods attention so they can start investigating and correcting the issue.

With flags having a negative effect on some ones profile, there should be an option to appeal. In the event, a troll decides to disrupt the community on a big scale like last night, those effected have a chance to get the wrong corrected.

I do like the "disagree" option mentioned in the poll though.
    Yes
    You got me wrong here, I'm talking about the abuse of the flagging option, like to flag someone just because you have a different opinion.

If you look around in the forum it won't take you long to find posts that are flagged for no apparent reason...
    No
    I saw a lot of that last night....lol
    Yes
    I saw a lot of that last night....lol
    And here you are, voting No... ^^
    No
    I didn't agree with poll options, therefore voted no and explained my self above. No harm in disagreeing, I just see another way round what you're trying you're trying to get to
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    Yes
    Gargamesh wrote: »
    You got me wrong here, I'm talking about the abuse of the flagging option, like to flag someone just because you have a different opinion.

If you look around in the forum it won't take you long to find posts that are flagged for no apparent reason...

yeah there are some threads where it looks like every post is flagged