Champion Spotlight - Proxima Midnight

2»

Comments

• GalahhGalahh Posts: 32
    Since you see how good she is will you change that or do you want a new god tier?
  • OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 213
    I pull her today just 2 crystals
    90zcy8cx1sn1.jpg
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 2,791
    When blocking, does the ability accuracy reduction work against a heavy attack? Like the resist mastery?
  • GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 174
    If I'm reading it correctly one you have fulfilled the 4 missions Proxima do not needs to mantain the combo counter to have such a bonuses. am I correct?
  • vrtovrto Posts: 218
  • That's what sentry's damage should be like...
    Griffoplay wrote: »
    If I'm reading it correctly one you have fulfilled the 4 missions Proxima do not needs to mantain the combo counter to have such a bonuses. am I correct?

The combo meter is only relevant to reach the 4th mission and her safeguard ability, once a mission is completed its "rewards" are permanent.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,718
    CodePlay wrote: »

Wolverine, Green Goblin, Ultron
    -Proxima Midnight’s Special 1 Attack is very effective against opponents that are regenerating Health through their Buffs and Passive effects. A huge Attack Rating increase and a long Heal Block also allows her to be extremely effective in Alliance Wars against opponents that benefit from the Willpower Mastery.

Proxima's special 1 will have +2128 attack rating to anyone who has willpower that is active right?

Correct, Willpower would activate the attack rating bonus on her special 1. The healing from Salve would not though.

Surely that's backwards?

Salve actually causes healing for sixty seconds and should be a viable target.

Willpower gives you the potential to heal, much like Wolverine always has the potential to heal but often doesn't/isn't. It also isn't associated with a 'Passive' icon.

Not to be difficult, but can you please just check and clarify:

1 - Does the Attack bonus apply if you are actively healing from Willpower?
    2 - Does the Attack bonus apply if you are not actively healing, i.e. you have the Willpower Mastery active, but no debuff to activate it?
  • the attack bonus only applies when you are recovering health from the willpower mastery because you have a debuff on you. the attack bonus will not apply just because you have the willpower mastery.
    edited April 2018
    Magrailothos, The_Grandmaster, the attack bonus is when the opponent is healing, not Proxima, and is only applied to her first special attack.
  • Anyone else disappointed in the content creators posting the same ROL video as everyone else? Seems like they all got excited about the 400K damage that they all decided to post the same thing. Nothing about how her abilities would logically apply to AW or AQ with 3min timers and SP3 turned on or how possible it would be to get all missions in LOL. Seems like a huge waste of time.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 530
    Anyone else disappointed in the content creators posting the same ROL video as everyone else? Seems like they all got excited about the 400K damage that they all decided to post the same thing. Nothing about how her abilities would logically apply to AW or AQ with 3min timers and SP3 turned on or how possible it would be to get all missions in LOL. Seems like a huge waste of time.

Agreed, all the YouTubers have done is sensationalise the damage vs WS in ROL which is a fight that has no timer (3 min or enrage), no damage cap (50K in LOL) and no power management required (no SP3). No enigmatics to deal with. No challenging nodes.

All their hype has done is to inflate the arena cut-off to a crazy level and inspire crystal purchases. No insight as to how the champ can be used in any meaningful way. I actually think her uses are very few, and I still think there are far better choices for LOL (Stark Spidey for one) - and I've fully explored it.
    Anyone else disappointed in the content creators posting the same ROL video as everyone else? Seems like they all got excited about the 400K damage that they all decided to post the same thing. Nothing about how her abilities would logically apply to AW or AQ with 3min timers and SP3 turned on or how possible it would be to get all missions in LOL. Seems like a huge waste of time.

There was at least one who didn't make such video cough cough :smiley:
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 530
    vrto wrote: »

The only one I've seen that gave genuinely balanced feedback was Rice, and he gave a "meh" rating for both AW and AQ, which I fully agree with.
  • MC1111111MC1111111 Posts: 88
    Smh. Cue the jealous whales who didn’t pull her and insist on her uselessness simply because they’re jealous.
  • CodePlay wrote: »

-Proxima Midnight’s Special 1 Attack is very effective against opponents that are regenerating Health through their Buffs and Passive effects. A huge Attack Rating increase and a long Heal Block also allows her to be extremely effective in Alliance Wars against opponents that benefit from the Willpower Mastery.

Proxima's special 1 will have +2128 attack rating to anyone who has willpower that is active right?

Correct, Willpower would activate the attack rating bonus on her special 1. The healing from Salve would not though.

Surely that's backwards?

Willpower gives you the potential to heal, much like Wolverine always has the potential to heal but often doesn't/isn't. It also isn't associated with a 'Passive' icon.

2 - Does the Attack bonus apply if you are not actively healing, i.e. you have the Willpower Mastery active, but no debuff to activate it?

Sorry about any confusion; to clarify, she will get the bonus damage on her special 1 if her opponent has an active Regeneration Buff or Passive. Since Willpower can give a champion Regeneration, she can get that attack rating bonus if her opponent has that mastery and has the Regeneration from it at the time she hits them with her special 1.
  • CodePlay wrote: »

Thanks! I have another question,

"When Proxima completes an objective on one of her missions, she gains True Accuracy for 5 seconds, allowing her to ignore Auto Block and all Evade effects."

After 6th parry, succeeding parries will not trigger true strike anymore right?

Correct!
  • GalahhGalahh Posts: 32
    Kabam Zibiit can you explain the thing how she gets her power like the 100 hit combo? I don’t get it
  • Ozzieont wrote: »
    90zcy8cx1sn1.jpg

Congratualtions!
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    vrto wrote: »

The only one I've seen that gave genuinely balanced feedback was Rice, and he gave a "meh" rating for both AW and AQ, which I fully agree with.

Just a few comments above yours there is another one... http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/373580/#Comment_373580
    Brief review in the pinned comment.
  • how long before they nerf her???
  • how long before they nerf her???
    There’s no reason for a nerf. Her extreme damage needs a long ramp up with a “high” combo and it’s only on specials.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,718
    edited April 2018

Surely that's backwards?

Sorry about any confusion; to clarify, she will get the bonus damage on her special 1 if her opponent has an active Regeneration Buff or Passive. Since Willpower can give a champion Regeneration, she can get that attack rating bonus if her opponent has that mastery and has the Regeneration from it at the time she hits them with her special 1.

That makes a lot more sense. Thanks.

She'll be good in arena against those with suicides, then (although still probably not as much fun as Punisher, inflicting endless bleeds).
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 824
    edited April 2018
    Is the thor synergy only supposed to work for his 1st combo? It says

Asgardian Hunt with Thor (Ragnarok) (Unique)
    -Proxima Midnight: Gains Combo Shield whenever she has less than 50 hits in her Combo Meter.
    -Thor (Ragnarok): Activation of Boon of the Gods requires 10 less hits on the Combo Meter and 5 less hits whenever struck.

I tested this out and got Boon of Gods at 30 combo but then didn't get Boon of Gods at combo 60 but did at 70. The way it reads he should get it at 60, 90, 120 but now its 70, 110, 150.

The spotlight doesn't say only on 1st activation. Not too happy with that.
  • ESFESF Posts: 746
    Fun and interesting character to play -- really nice design, really great utility. Really nice work from all involved.

Have enjoyed testing the character out and am glad she and Corvus Glaive will be in the game -- the Black Order and Hickman's Avengers run are some of my favorite characters and concepts in a long, long time.

• MrGMrG Posts: 2
    edited April 2018
    Ozzieont wrote: »
    90zcy8cx1sn1.jpg

Congratualtions!

I did two crystals and I got 4 star agent venom! I’m a fairly new player so that will help me! Thank you :)
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 1,690
    Strongest character in the game by far. She does over 400k damage for her second special if she completed all missions! See ContestChampions's video on this (Brian Grant) for more information
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,292
    5* worth a cosmic awakening gem? Mine's at R2 and she is interesting.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola wrote: »
    5* worth a cosmic awakening gem? Mine's at R2 and she is interesting.

Dr. Zola

IMHO she rarely needs the 4th mission.
  • ZzzZzz Posts: 133
    Mission 2 running her.