**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Time to UN-NERF!

Comments

• HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
    I would just settle for Doctor Strange. He was once the most used Champ in the entire game and now he is completely Sterile. At least Scarlet, Thor and Widow still have some latent abilities left. Doctor Strange was left paralyzed.
  • MC1111111MC1111111 Posts: 88
    It’s by no means easy to get that damage ramped up in long fights with Proxima. More than that, she’s not going to be rolling over any content in AQ or AW. Pre-nerf SW could. Please get some facts before spewing nonsense.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Again...none of these champs do what they do best in today's game. Release them in the wild, it's time
  • seanjohn7944seanjohn7944 Posts: 153
    You're comparing apples and oranges.

Yeah, two round colorful fruits that grow on trees.

Diminishing returns took care of the potency of most these champs. With the release of new champs and with Kabam reworking champs some of these "un-nerfings" should be discussed.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    Un nerf carnage

yes fix him and make him to what he was intended to be
  • shchong2 wrote: »
    All they need to do is bring those champs in as 5* or 6* and they would be god tier again (minus Loki, how did he get in there). 6* versions of Scarlett Witch, Dr strange, Thor, BW would make them very relevant again and some of the best 6*, when they get their proper dupes. It’s kind of strange to have many of the core avengers not available as 5* or 6*.

Imagine DC's Injustice and Injustice 2, NOT having the core founding members of the JL (or JLU) being available at all star/level/tier/rank, and being nerfed and not being the meta and most powerful characters in their game ... :D

Superman is too strong - nerf him and remove him .... INJUSTICE!
  • ChickenChicken Posts: 160
    I think the dr. Strange nerf was unnecessary he wasn’t op by any means. And like the thread said. There are much more powerful champs in the game now so unnerfing him wouldn’t be a big deal. I got scarlet witch like a week after the nerf but I heard she was stupid op so don’t know about unnerfing her.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    @Mmx1991 just about the limber in LoL. It won’t prevent her from completing the mission since it is “well timed blocks” not parry’s. In addition, the limber is a percentage reduction I believe, meaning you can never completely get rid of the parry. 10% reduction each parry means it never reaches 0, Just gets infinitely smaller. You just can’t see the timer eventually since it’s such a small time. You still parry.

So PM can still complete her mission no matter the node. Even on stun Immune, she can still do well timed blocks and complete an objective.

Regarding her lack of utility in war, I’d disagree, true accuracy prevents evade. You either need to parry them, and you get TA, knock them down and get TA or intercept and get TA. That’s not bad, Killmonger or iceman are better but I’d argue she has some utility in war.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    PM might not be for current content, we know Act 6 is coming and probably Lab 2.0 and ROL 2.0 all probably designed for 6* champs.

Who knows what Kabam has planned
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    I’d rather not have a 6* Doc...it will just make me weep at how much the game team wrecked one of the coolest characters in the Marvel Universe. After monetizing him, of course.

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola,

The game team said he is still a powerful, useful champion. They wouldn't like to us about that now would they?
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    DarthVadid wrote: »
    Proxima Midnights ridiculous 400k damage gives KABAM no more excuses to unnerf
    DOCTORS STRANGE
    SCARLET WITCH
    LOKI
    THOR
    BLACK WIDOW
    And release these characters in 5 Star orn6 Star version

the reason kabam won't "un-nerf" old champs is because most players already have them.
    old champs don't sell units, new champs are.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Un nerf carnage
    Carmel1 wrote: »
    DarthVadid wrote: »
    Proxima Midnights ridiculous 400k damage gives KABAM no more excuses to unnerf
    DOCTORS STRANGE
    SCARLET WITCH
    LOKI
    THOR
    BLACK WIDOW
    And release these characters in 5 Star orn6 Star version

the reason kabam won't "un-nerf" old champs is because most players already have them.
    old champs don't sell units, new champs are.

These champs (mostly) aren’t available in 5* anyways. So if they underfed them, then added them to 5*, people would need to acquire them.
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Loki was nerfed?
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    yeah i just posted on this. It's time they do this everyone. Stop arguing the counter point here. They aren't overpowered anymore. Period. There are champs out there who do what they do better.

OP 4* SW would destroy any R5 5* champ now.

So nevermind asking for a pre nerf 5* version of SW, because it ain’t ever happening
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Loki was nerfed?

Not really. Well, indirectly. The Hela Synergy was capped after it came out.
    More specifically, it was capped at 100k Damage because of its potential LOL uses. He was doing upwards of 400k with Curse active, just from an L2.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    yeah i just posted on this. It's time they do this everyone. Stop arguing the counter point here. They aren't overpowered anymore. Period. There are champs out there who do what they do better.

So nevermind asking for a pre nerf 5* version of SW, because it ain’t ever happening

Point is so what???? Any decent champ can do that. Not asking for them to return to pre Nerf days. Asking for them in a five star as those champs not as good as their peers
  • I remember once upon a time, after the 12.0 debacle, when the mods told us that they were “looking in to” the severity at which all those champions were nerfed. They needed time to gather enough data on the subject. One year later.......... not a peep.

Just one more thing they probably assumed we would just forget about if ignored long enough.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★

Point is so what???? Any decent champ can do that. Not asking for them to return to pre Nerf days. Asking for them in a five star as those champs not as good as their peers

Oh yeah I agree they should be available as a 5*, the fact wolverine, one of the main marvel characters isn’t available beyond a 4* is a joke.

I thought you were referring to pre 12... my bad
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Dtl7714 wrote: »

It is not an apples to oranges comparison. Kabaam's stated reason for nerfing those characters was that they were too powerful. They then turn around and release more powerful characters. Which means either they lied or the strength of those characters is no longer an issue. Either way unnerfing them isn't an unreasonable request

No. They didn't nerf then because they were powerful. They nerfed them because they couldn't create content that those Champs could not cut through. It wasn't just that they were OP. The Champs in combination with the Synergies and the old percentage-based system meant their strength multiplied exponentially. Which is why they also changed the system along with the nerfs. One Champ that has a very specific OP Ability that requires a very specific set of circumstances is not the same as a hot knife through warm butter like those Champs were. They were all-around OP. Nothing could really stop them. That's not the case with the new Champs, and just because one is strong at something doesn't mean it's the same situation. There's a misconception that the nerfs were to make all Champs equally powerful. That's not the case. Some Champs will have very strong skills in some areas, but none have a Swiss Army Knife quality like those Champs did.

Thank you for your glossed over revision of history.

The discussion on kabam supposedly not being able to create content that could stop a champ only applied to scarlet witch. But I could easily create content that would make witch less than ideal: status immune and soul imprisonment nodes—ie she basically turns into an unduped witch.

As for Thor, mere stun immunity made him worthless. As did champs like mordo or a cwbp on an armor tile mostly.

Additionally, there was plenty of content that strange and black widow couldn’t easily clear. Not really sure what synergies you think made them overly OP and unstoppable—please let me know.

What bw did have was ways to bypass the bs in the game causing unavoidable damage—like thorns or electro—as well as getting past crazy regen. In other words, she saved you potions in alliance war. As for strange, he had great regen, but you still had to have skill to use him.

Thor and especially witch were the ones this claim applied to.

Furthermore, your statement has zero relevance for the nerf to defensive regen, which basically nerfed entirely wolvie and mostly ultron from war defense. I still believe that nerf was mainly to be the final nail in the willpower coffin.

Now, from my perspective. I loved my witch, but she needs to stay nerfed. She was entirely way too OP. It was literaly just button mashing fights. Thor sucks now—he could use another stack or two of armor break imo to at least make him useful.
    Run477 wrote: »
    Dtl7714 wrote: »

It is not an apples to oranges comparison. Kabaam's stated reason for nerfing those characters was that they were too powerful. They then turn around and release more powerful characters. Which means either they lied or the strength of those characters is no longer an issue. Either way unnerfing them isn't an unreasonable request

No. They didn't nerf then because they were powerful. They nerfed them because they couldn't create content that those Champs could not cut through. It wasn't just that they were OP. The Champs in combination with the Synergies and the old percentage-based system meant their strength multiplied exponentially. Which is why they also changed the system along with the nerfs. One Champ that has a very specific OP Ability that requires a very specific set of circumstances is not the same as a hot knife through warm butter like those Champs were. They were all-around OP. Nothing could really stop them. That's not the case with the new Champs, and just because one is strong at something doesn't mean it's the same situation. There's a misconception that the nerfs were to make all Champs equally powerful. That's not the case. Some Champs will have very strong skills in some areas, but none have a Swiss Army Knife quality like those Champs did.

Thank you for your glossed over revision of history.

The discussion on kabam supposedly not being able to create content that could stop a champ only applied to scarlet witch. But I could easily create content that would make witch less than ideal: status immune and soul imprisonment nodes—ie she basically turns into an unduped witch.

As for Thor, mere stun immunity made him worthless. As did champs like mordo or a cwbp on an armor tile mostly.

Additionally, there was plenty of content that strange and black widow couldn’t easily clear. Not really sure what synergies you think made them overly OP and unstoppable—please let me know.

What bw did have was ways to bypass the bs in the game causing unavoidable damage—like thorns or electro—as well as getting past crazy regen. In other words, she saved you potions in alliance war. As for strange, he had great regen, but you still had to have skill to use him.

Thor and especially witch were the ones this claim applied to.

Furthermore, your statement has zero relevance for the nerf to defensive regen, which basically nerfed entirely wolvie and mostly ultron from war defense. I still believe that nerf was mainly to be the final nail in the willpower coffin.

Now, from my perspective. I loved my witch, but she needs to stay nerfed. She was entirely way too OP. It was literaly just button mashing fights. Thor sucks now—he could use another stack or two of armor break imo to at least make him useful.

Sorry, that's not accurate at all. It's biased based on your opinions of the Champs.