**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[Android] Lag and Performance Investigation

Comments

• TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S6

I am always running the game on the latest version
    Using Wifi with full signal (fast internet / DSL)

Bugs:

- Champs won't attack mid-combo -> they freeze for a moment -> I get hit
    - Evade sometimes won't work (not moving backwards despite wiping to the left)
    - Champs sometimes dashes forward while I am holding down block
    - Champs sometimes drops block even though I am holding down block

- It affects all champs I am using and all game modes
    - There is no certain pattern (to it happening) that I recognized

I hope the following data can help you finding and fixing the problems:

72uxr1tyeumv.jpg
  • The lag has been around since update 12.0, and the crashes were due to your latest update. You people havent been listening to us since update 12.0, so why bother "investigating" now? But I'll play, just to prove a point.

Device & Model: Galaxy Core Prime
    Device Operating System: Android 4.4.4
    Game Version Installed: 17.2.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, AQs, AWs, Arenas, RTTL.
    Description of Issues:
    -the lag happens in every game mode. In AQs and AWs, the lag especially occurs when I'm at the final boss, every single time. In Arenas, lag especially occurs when I have a streak going, and I'm trying to reach the cutoff for a 4-Star. I once bumped into a slow motion glitch in two Arena matches.
    -the crashes are new, they've been occurring since the latest update.
    -it seems that the lag slows down when I'm not pressing anything. But once I try to play again, the lag occurs again.
    -this game(and your Transformers game), causes my phone's battery life to drain fast, and cause my phone to overheat. No other game causes those things.
    -the game even lags when I'm on the home menu, the champions menu & try to level up champs, the setting screen, the solo & alliance events screen, and crystals screen. Even if Im in the middle of opening crystals, the game lags.
  • Dmc1990Dmc1990 Posts: 40
    Device and Model: IPhone 6s
    Device Operating System: 11.2.6
    Cellular or WiFi: Both are affected, both work well with other apps and devices
    Game Version Installed: Lastest update
    Game Mode: In All game modes
    Description of the Issue: Experiencing unresponsive controls and lag which has made my experience with this game unplayable, the issues are all over the place; Dashing back and blocks are currently the worst i have endured playing this game and are unreliable and I maybe pull of 50% of what i press which means the dexterity and parry have been giving dodgy calls, Ive also noted at least 10 times Just TODAY where i know i pressed the green or red button for special attacks that were completely unresponsive, unitended heavy attacks or forward dashes also trying to enter into a block once already being hit seems off even with gaps to transition. AI seems to be blocking specials and combos with unrealistic timing (my champions seem slower and less responsive with lag whilst the AI seems like its sped up and skips forward in the animations). Frequent problems have persisted since the latest update. Sentinels in AQ! I believe its not that there much harder but with blocking and evade not working properly they have the reach to hit you no matter what and often do!
  • hobohobo Posts: 86
    Samsung Galaxy tab E
    Android version 7.1.1
    Model number SM-T560NU
    currently using latest MCOC version
    Unresponsive play, player dashing forward while holding back, being unable to control functions of movement and attack, most problems occur during quest including alliance and war, occasionally happen during versus, only playing using home spectrum wi-fi system
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Device and Model: IPhone 7
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.3
    WiFi: Spectrum 100+ MB/s
    Game Version: 17.2.0
    Game Mode: Alliance Quest, Labyrinth of Legends
    Description of Issue:
    - Alliance Quest = Significant lag against tier 1 Morningstar on Day 5. Used 5* r4 Ultron (https://youtu.be/hBF7NZoGi1I)
    - Labyrinth of Legends = Long periods of lag against EX Ms. Marvel. Used 5* r4 Star Lord (https://youtu.be/JLI3OLIJU6o)
  • KaZichaoKaZichao Posts: 65
    Device and Model: HTC 10
    Device Operating System: 8.0.0, software number 3.16.401.2, security patch 1 december 2017
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Mode: all game modes
    Description of the Issue: i dont have too many apps installed on the phone, and have over 30% of free storage, so i don't see any underlying problem causing game to be laggy in AQ, arena or quest fights..
    i just get longer loading times, and no point in tracking specific champs, because lags are mostly consistent all the time in fights..
  • MiggyMiggy Posts: 37
    Device and Model: One Plus 5
    Device Operating System: 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, carrier is EE
    Game Version Installed: Doesn't say what version in play store, but most up to date at the time of writing
    Game Mode: all game modes
    Description of the Issue: I've been noticing this for a while most of the time my game runs ok on my phone, nothing like people are reporting above. However, sometimes (fairly rarely) it runs amazingly smooth and fast. It usually does so after I've been to the mcoc app then gone to another app then return to mcoc without closing it and it feels like everything is running at twice the frame rate in-fight and even in the quest selection menu, it's bizarre - runs as smoothly as a PS4 game.

If it could run that smooth all the time it'd be amazing although I appreciate it's difficult to replicate. Originally posted below but thought it'd be relevant to this thread
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/59204/android-frame-rate-and-fluidity#latest
  • Showtime316Showtime316 Posts: 7
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0.0
    Game Mode: All mode of game play.
    Description of the Issue: Lag during fighting in all modes of game play. Wait time before the fight begins is much, much longer than when I use an iOS device. It is very clear that this game is better played on an Apple device than Andriod, which I feel is unfair to the players. Apply users are able to get more points faster in arena than Andriod users. This is an unfair advantage and I don't want to switch devices because of it. I like using Andriod over iOS and I shouldn't be punished for it by waiting longer to grind in arena. Please look into why this game runs tremendously better on iOS than Andriod. I love playing this game, but it needs to be fair across the board for all users.
  • JadamurphyJadamurphy Posts: 12
    Hi i have been havin dis issue about 2months now champion runnin forward not blockin send messge about it no answer i got an samsung j2 prime it very bad it like you guys only care about ios user better then that kabam
  • JadamurphyJadamurphy Posts: 12
    Samsung j2 prime android version 6.0.1 base version been havin issue with drop blocks champion movin on there own like runnin forward when they should be blockin or evadin more then 2 months now i have beenin having diss issue send tickets about you guys did notin losin my champs in aw an aq it not good have to use unit hope you give me back what i put out andriod gets no love from you guys at kabam plzz fix dis
  • Device: samsung galaxy A5 2016
    OS version: Android 7.0
    Both on wifi n carrier network
    Game version: 17.2.0
    Game mode: all
    Description : lags parry not functioning sometimes champs remain rooted to spot sp3 not activating long loading time n especially when 2 champs modok n dormammu i m fighting wid or fighting them the game lags so much it almost freezes the device becomes extremely slow
  • OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    Device ZTE Zmax Pro Android version 6.0 game up to date all the time , it has problems with lagg champs becoming irresponsibe to block, dashing in AQ ,War and arena a lot of the icons in games are blurry and before every fight is a flashing very annoying I use wifi at home most of the time wth a speed of 200 Mbps internet router and still get disconnect a lot in war
  • saiteja1107saiteja1107 Posts: 30
    Letv Le1s Lex507
    Android 6.0
    Cellular
    Version 17.2.0
    Longer loading time
    Little lag in middle of fight
    Clumsy control at start of the fight
  • MasterGGMasterGG Posts: 5
    Device and Model: Redmi Note 4 (64GB)
    Device Operating System: 6.0 (Marshmallow)
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular
    Game Mode: All modes.
    Description of the Issue: 1.When during a fight ongoing, if there is incoming call comes in sudden, then fight pause during that interval but after the call when you go for resuming the fight, screen overlaps, icons & graphics misplaced, then it becomes terrible to play, only option left is to either a fight without worrying about outcome or Restart.
    2.Another Issue is Game always lags on starting a fight on some levels..
    3.Some graphics glitches...like character seems to overlap on obstacles during & end of fights.
  • Protocol8051Protocol8051 Posts: 40
    Device and Model: Oneplus 3T

Device Operating System: Android 8.0.0

Game Mode: Arena: It lags a lot and makes hard to play arena. With all content i have experienced dash back when I use light attack, character unresponsive when opponent in near like my character blocks when dash back is used or let go of their block when I try to dodge specials instead of dexterity (since last update). Sometimes the character drops blocks. Uses heavy when doing light or medium attack.
  • Lenovo tab TB3-7101
    ANDROID VERSION.5.1
    POCKETWIFI GLOBE
    VERSION GAME 17.2.0
    I EXPERIENCE SLOW MOVING CHARACTERS,SUDDEN STOP WHILE FIGHTING AFTER TWO HIT THEN STOP MOVING ,FORCE CLOSE TOO LONG LOGGING IN,CANT PARRY SOMETIMES,DEXTERITY DOES NOT WORK WELL.AND BECAUSE OF THAT LAG ISSUES I ALMOST CONSUME MY 1K UNITS JUST FOR COMPLETION THE EVENT.PLEASE RETURN MY UNITS PLEASE PLEASE.
  • sheedsheed Posts: 2
    Device and Model: Android Turbo 2
    Device Operating System: 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Verizon and WiFi
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Whenever the opponent is attacking my block, I lag and get hit instead of blocking. Also while attacking I get random heavy attacks
  • superdiasuperdia Posts: 12
    Device and Model: Xiaomi Note 4 Mediatek
    Device Operating System: 6.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both.
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Alliance Quest, Alliance War and Arena.
    Description of the Issue: Looks like lagged on all game mode. It's hard to win a fight on high level mode.
  • Device and Model: Meizu 5s
    Device Operating System: 6.0
    Description of the Issue:xpyg99o7odkx.jpg
    when you enter the game gives such an error, there is no connection to the network, but the Internet and everything else catches good
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,345 ★★★★★
    I've got two devices. The problems on my main device are as follows:

Device and Model: Moto G5plus
    Device Operating System: 7.0
    Description of the Issue:. Actual lag isn't much of an issue on this device. However, I've noticed regular problems like @Andreys5285 describes above when I'm on WiFi; very rarely on cellular.
    Secondly, the general loading time seems twice as long in all game modes.
    Thirdly, I have had occasional crashes during event questing, which never happened before.
    Fourthly, I get regular visual bugs. The commonest is the arena bug which happens just after I've assigned my champs to a fight and clicked Accept:
    j1cbsnimovf9.png

If I pause the game during Arena and the phone is left to Snooze, I almost always get a visual bug. It used to be that all the information became bunched in the middle and overlapped; which I don't have a picture of. More recently, it's been looking like this:

rdcgx831nebi.png

nidzdnv366ox.png

• NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    If the fights are performed on the phone and not server side why is it important to name the "connection type"?
  • Austd001_Austd001_ Posts: 22
    Device and Model: HTC 10
    Device Operating System: 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular, EE 4g
    Game Mode: Story: Event Quests, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Basic but horrific lag, jumping around the screen, delayed reaction from champs resulting in getting my ass kicked.
  • Kabam, what's going on in there?
    from 11 o'clock in the afternoon I can not go into the game, writes here such garbage, can explain?
    I'm not the only oneio4kouzj3gdr.jpg
  • Rockhead84Rockhead84 Posts: 2
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Android 8.0

Cellular or WiFi: Issues happen on both - carrier: Verizon

Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.

Description of the Issue: While doing a 5 hit combo, my players will drop their arms and not respond to my button presses. They will also stop blocking when I'm actively blocking hits and open themselves up to hits.
  • JNuclearJNuclear Posts: 16
    Kindle Fire 7th generation
    Wi-Fi
    I experience the issue every game mode.
    The problem is that there is pay when I fight and sometimes move. Even at the start fight screen there is lag. Sometimes I can't move. Game crashes all the time either before I fight or after fights.
  • Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Device Operating System: 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Verizon carrier
    Game Mode: Consistent issue in Alliance Quest, Alliance War (just got done playing an hour in arena with no issue, switched to war and 15 seconds into first fight I could not control my champ)
    Description of the Issue: Any champ I use in AQ ir AW same result. Unable to control my champ including holding block, evade, initiate block, dash attack. Game seems to give my champ commands as in dropping block, dashing in.
    Specific chanps I used when error occured...Magik, Voodoo, Ultron, Rogue, X23, Ghost Rider, Stark Enhanced Spiderman. Those are the one I can think of off the top of my head.
  • AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    Device and Model: REDMI NOTE 4 (64GB)
    Both Wifi & Cellular data
    Android 7.0 MIUI 9.5
    Game version :17.2.0
    Description of issue : most of time i have noticed lag in arena in aq in aw in event quest and even story quest. Last day i was fighting with in event quest uncollected mode agaist captain amarica he used sp 1 i eveded and then i entercept but he used heavy attack within less than 1second how can ai used spacial as well as heavy.This is due to lag. most of time game lags too much that it seems like my champs are riding on waves. Sometimes i am in combo and sudden heavy how is it possible? lag is pathetic.Everytime 1 out of 3 parry fails inspite of same timing block on parry that cost me too much. Loading time is also a pain that takes more than 20 sec in each screen loading. sometimes lags controls our champs not me.
This discussion has been closed.