**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Miniboss and Sentinel Refresh - April 2018 - Discussion Thread [Updated April 13]

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,031 ★★★★★
    mydnight wrote: »
    That's really cute. So u nerf Blade vs. AQ sentinels to make it "easier" for us to beat them?

Ya, "minion" and not "villain" sentinels..... thanks for that.
    Ther hav never talk abudt a news # tag so no nerft to Them.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    we just need the aq rewards to reflect changes in aq now
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Once again I'd like to ask for rewards to be set back to the last aq before sentinels were introduced. Their failed experiment has cost lots of us many units, pots, revives, and crystals as well as milestones.

If you can't increase rewards, then do what you've done before when screwing up on AQ
  • You should be ashamed, yet again a money grab. This is not about our fun or even your ability to work on a work-in-progress "full refresh" this is about making us spend more resources. The Senitnel addition is total failure and is enough to make people leave. We lost a third of our alliance not to other alliances but to retirement and leaving the game completely.

The fact that there was no reward increase means once again you are doing things without the input of your customer base which is foolhardy. You've frustrated a bunch of us and it was needless and senseless.

Worst of all you've made our dependence on carefully cultivated champs obsolete. Our regen champs like Wolverine and X23 have become completely useless now in AQ and thus has many of us clamoring back to r3/30 4* champs with armor break etc. it's pathetic! If you were really thoughtful of your customers you'd supply us with Rank down tix so we could stay competitive.

We are all trying to retool and reorganize our alliances in preparation of next war season but now everyone is confused as to where to go, and who is strong enough to do 5x5 or even 4x4 AQ anymore.

You've thrown the Battlerealm into chaos by making what you call a slight "refresh"... yeah right!
  • BDLHBDLH Posts: 148
    BDLH wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »

We aren't ever going to be able to agree regardless on this. I will always personally feel that they weren't harder, just different. You are going to be opposite. They changed them and the community got what they wanted. It is what it is and nothing i'll ever be able to say will change yours or anyone of the same opinion differently.
    Plus your last post was super long and no one needs to read that much on a mobile gaming forum lol

All the posters who claim there is no difficulty difference between the old and new AQ despite Kabam finally acknowledging this after weeks of the mods arguing that they were the same difficulty making them basically look like chumps. Why would the company retract all these statements from multiple mods from a thousand thread post arguing back and forth with the players if their conclusion wasn't the same as that of the overwhelming majority of the player base? My first instinct is to just assume all the ppl claiming there is no difficulty change are like the mods making these statements - they either barely play the game and spend more time makng posts, or play at a very low level so it is not so obvious to them. At a low enough map and prestige level probably nothing can feel that hard. All the guys arguing that there is no difficulty change despite the company itself acknowledging all their collected data indicates the opposite, why don't you post your war and AQ scores so we have some idea of what level of progression your opinion is coming from?

Most higher tier players are pushing through just fine but there is a definite difficulty difference and increased number of deaths and items used as confirmed by Kabam. We aren't complaining they are not beatable or not able to adjust to them, we are just stating the obvious which Kabam is finally agreeing to. So now we have the vast majority of the player base stating there is a difficulty difference and the developpers acknowledging such, then a few players claiming the opposite... Something smells fishy...

Funny how quiet it got from all the posters stating they find the Sentinels to be no different than the symbioids when asked to show what map and prestige they are fighting at. I guess doing Map 3 where their sig is already reduced to 1 and at tiny prestige levels may have something to do with it.
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    You can at least add more glory rewards and/or lower the cost of some items of the glory store.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

We aren't ever going to be able to agree regardless on this. I will always personally feel that they weren't harder, just different. You are going to be opposite. They changed them and the community got what they wanted. It is what it is and nothing i'll ever be able to say will change yours or anyone of the same opinion differently.
    Plus your last post was super long and no one needs to read that much on a mobile gaming forum lol

All the posters who claim there is no difficulty difference between the old and new AQ despite Kabam finally acknowledging this after weeks of the mods arguing that they were the same difficulty making them basically look like chumps. Why would the company retract all these statements from multiple mods from a thousand thread post arguing back and forth with the players if their conclusion wasn't the same as that of the overwhelming majority of the player base? My first instinct is to just assume all the ppl claiming there is no difficulty change are like the mods making these statements - they either barely play the game and spend more time makng posts, or play at a very low level so it is not so obvious to them. At a low enough map and prestige level probably nothing can feel that hard. All the guys arguing that there is no difficulty change despite the company itself acknowledging all their collected data indicates the opposite, why don't you post your war and AQ scores so we have some idea of what level of progression your opinion is coming from?

Most higher tier players are pushing through just fine but there is a definite difficulty difference and increased number of deaths and items used as confirmed by Kabam. We aren't complaining they are not beatable or not able to adjust to them, we are just stating the obvious which Kabam is finally agreeing to. So now we have the vast majority of the player base stating there is a difficulty difference and the developpers acknowledging such, then a few players claiming the opposite... Something smells fishy...

Funny how quiet it got from all the posters stating they find the Sentinels to be no different than the symbioids when asked to show what map and prestige they are fighting at. I guess doing Map 3 where their sig is already reduced to 1 and at tiny prestige levels may have something to do with it.

Actually I run in 5.5k starting prestige 5x5 and don’t have a problem with current sentinels. Day 4 I cleared lane 4 section 1 + Morningstar, section 2 lane 7, section 3 lane 1 + solo on Dormmamu.

Day 4 team consisted of 5* r5 blade + 4* r4 gr + 6* LC. But day 5 will be 5* r4 star lord + 6* Luke cage + 6* red hulk. And I will still complete my paths at 8.9k prestige day without health pots or revives. That is if I didn’t just jinx myself haha.

But all that said, I would say the changes were needed as not everyone will have my roster or abilities. Which is fine. Just thought I’d chime in.
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »

Actually I run in 5.5k starting prestige 5x5 and don’t have a problem with current sentinels. Day 4 I cleared lane 4 section 1 + Morningstar, section 2 lane 7, section 3 lane 1 + solo on Dormmamu.

Day 4 team consisted of 5* r5 blade + 4* r4 gr + 6* LC. But day 5 will be 5* r4 star lord + 6* Luke cage + 6* red hulk. And I will still complete my paths at 8.9k prestige day without health pots or revives. That is if I didn’t just jinx myself haha.

But all that said, I would say the changes were needed as not everyone will have my roster or abilities. Which is fine. Just thought I’d chime in.

Most people would struggle if using those champs. Slow down on patting yourself on the back

Sure whatever you say. Don’t hate the player that is better then you because they say they are better then you. Plenty of people will be better then the next. There is always someone better. But it’s beyond helpful to state that everyone is having difficulty with the sentinels currently. They are very boring to fight against but not difficult. Sorry to offend you. I’ll prepare myself for the slew of hate comments back at me. But hey truth hurts don’t it...
  • TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    Must be nice to have a maxed out cheat code! Probably makes everything seem easy. When I spun 4 Damphir crystals and got 0 blades I was distraught. With how good my max 4* does I can’t even imagine what kind of destruction a max 5* does. And I probably never will...
    7.1k prestige, map 5, day 4, had to use 2 pots cause I suck, maxed 4* holy trinity.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Pure wrote: »
    The only thing I'm thinking is if there're adjusting Aq they can say we're not going to make the rewards better because their "lowering the difficulty in the Sentinels"Just a thought.

As was mentioned, they didn't aim to have the difficulty increased that much. As much feedback as was given, they also had to gather data before considering adjustments. I don't think they're trying to avoid giving Rewards. The aim was to swap and freshen it up, pending the new Season.

I think more the frustration, at least for me, is this was yet another major repeating of the overall community letting them know it was a bad move to go all in the way they did with the change. They did it 12.0, they did it with AW, and now AQ.

It's the constant we didn't see how it would impact day to day playing. They beta tested pretty widely LC and RH changes, they should have done something similar with this before rolling it out.

The saving grace this time they are doing something pretty quickly, alliances can't afford to keep bleeding members every time Kabam decides to freshen up a bit. That's how a game starts it's race to the end...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

@BDLH ive been pretty outspoken about them. My alliance runs map 5 5x5. Our prestige is about 5500. We are elite difficulty. I havent had any issues downing them even on day 5. I stopped commenting becuase it doesnt matter any more. You got your wish. No amount of arguing will change that so no point in trying.
  • NihungNihung Posts: 108
    Hey Summoners,

We've just posted an update in regards to your feedback on Alliance Quests. This post includes some adjustments to Sentinels and Alliance Quests that will be coming with the next series. Take a look right here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/62626/upcoming-adjustments-to-alliance-quests-april-18th-2018

@Kabam Miike good move, but the issue for me is not that the Sentinels are difficult to play against, but the following reasons:

1) The animations are awful - they remind me of the Transformers game. They are so blocky. Their movement is horrible. Contrast this with the Symbiod movements which were fluid, and had some great animation.

2) Lack of Skill - Killing Sentinels for me is button mashing and the occasional evade. That doesn't really test my skill.

3) Nullifies some Champs - It still nullifies Poison and Bleed champs from most of AQ. Surely to make Bleed and Poison champs redundant in effect from AQ is not Kabaams goals?
    edited April 2018

Most people would struggle if using those champs. Slow down on patting yourself on the back

Sure whatever you say. Don’t hate the player that is better then you because they say they are better then you. Plenty of people will be better then the next. There is always someone better. But it’s beyond helpful to state that everyone is having difficulty with the sentinels currently. They are very boring to fight against but not difficult. Sorry to offend you. I’ll prepare myself for the slew of hate comments back at me. But hey truth hurts don’t it...

You not offending me and when someone tells me how good they are I it’s a good sign of the reverse.

I don’t have a real issue with sentinels but unlike you I can admit that it’s partly because I am using a good champ

Ps

Starting prestige is real low for someone rolling in with a rank 5 5* May want to remind yourself that your not talking an even playing field with many

Really doesn’t matter what you say because you have clearly skipped over the part that I don’t use the trinity on war attack days. Also where I reside is irrelevant to the point. Still facing 80k health sentinels on day 5 with out blade. And I will still make it through easily enough.

The point of the matter is it’s easy for anyone to come here and say how easy it or how difficult it is. While we all argue among ourselves about the difficulty of alliance quests (which is pointless) we shouldn’t be letting kabam make these changes without an increase in prizes. Since they are behind on all rewards in the game except for alliance wars now they made it even worse.

What I am capable of doing isn’t a reflection of what happens to everyone across all tiers of game play. I am well aware of the alliance issues. I am not advocating to keep sentinels the same or make them harder. But I’m also not advocating for them to be “nerfed”. I am advocating that the changes should never have happened without every aspect of alliance quest changing including map layouts and prizes.
  • BrutalMiraBrutalMira Posts: 235
    @Kabam Miike thanks for the upcoming update, the problem of sentinel is the purified of parry hope you make a solution for that to removed it or delay it so that when we make a parry we can attack them before he purified

And while you refresh the new sentinel and the AQ maps are free hope you put on sale also the potion and revive for the testing of new sentinels or run again the heals of fortune

And also reduced the AQ energy time to 30 minutes
    5.5k prestige is well below where you should be playing with those champs. Your taking the easy road then trying to talk down to people playing the same difficulty with far lessor champs. Anyway...

No. I’m playing the game. You’re the one stating where someone should be or shouldn’t be based on what champs they have...you’re saying that because someone pulls blade 5* does a rank 5 on him they should go to top tier alliances otherwise their view of point of the game doesn’t matter. That’s actually pretty arrogant if you think about it. As most of what you say is. But yes let’s continue arguing within the community because that gets us everything we want.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    5.5k prestige is well below where you should be playing with those champs. Your taking the easy road then trying to talk down to people playing the same difficulty with far lessor champs. Anyway...

I took our alliance prestige from CHQ. AQ page says 8.9k prestige. couldn't remember if that includes any inflation.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    anyone else happy kabam is fixing their mistakes for aq so fast?

i just hope the next update fixes the other issues like CM's sp2, blocks dropping, dexing, dash forward attacks and double dashing back issues are fixed once and for all
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    Thank you Kabam for listening to the gamers
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★

I took our alliance prestige from CHQ. AQ page says 8.9k prestige. couldn't remember if that includes any inflation.

@Demonzfyre whatever you’re prestige says on the aq page when it’s over with is your team prestige.. or during round 1 of next week.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    They’ve just straight stopped compensation, don’t give it for anything anymore, companies got stingier and stingier, as if compo costs them something
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Thank you Kabam for listening to the gamers

They didn't listen to the gamers... Had they listened this would not have happened.

They would have rolled back the change after the first week.

If they listened there wouldn't be sentinels in AQ other then Maybe as a mini. That would be listening.

This is we blew it again and have no way out.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    They listened to feedback. That doesn't mean they could stop everything. They had to gather data to make adjustments. Once things are set in place, you wouldn't really find a total rollback. History shows this. They take the feedback as the data as apply it to the template implemented.
  • Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★

You not offending me and when someone tells me how good they are I it’s a good sign of the reverse.

I don’t have a real issue with sentinels but unlike you I can admit that it’s partly because I am using a good champ

Ps

Starting prestige is real low for someone rolling in with a rank 5 5* May want to remind yourself that your not talking an even playing field with many

Dude he said in his original post that he recognises that not everyone has his champs or abilities i.e. he personally finds it easy but he recognises that not everyone does. You're both talking about the same thing, no need to start hating on each other.
  • TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    edited April 2018
    I did some counting, all the champs kinda blended in together so the following figures could have a 2% margin for error.
    Bleed immune champs, including those in the debuff/bleed paths and the Morningstar mini, make up 54.5% of the enemies in Map 5. Over half the fights are not bleeder friendly!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It's probably wise not to fully depend on any Debuff.