**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

This game has turned into a headache and a full time job

Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
I miss pre-12.0 MCOC. The game used to be fun and rewarding. Chasing after the OG God Tiers was actually fun. Even if we didn't get them, we knew that if we worked hard enough one day we would. We had an incentive to grind hard and build our rosters. Everything was fun back then, but right now that incentive just isn't there anymore.

For me, 12.0 and challenger rating permanently shattered the idea that it all meant something. To me, nothing in this game matters anymore and progression is almost meaningless.

Why work extremely hard at this game when with the flip of a switch your work means nothing?

Why go after a great champ if they could just nerf him in 6 months? Or why build a big stable of god tier rank 4 5 stars if they're going to get replaced by 6*s?

This game went from being a little frustrating but mostly fun to nothing but despair, resentment, and hopelessness. It's discouraging playing this now.

Can anything be done to make it fun again? I'm not sure if upping the rewards significantly will help in anyway. I used to think that getting a champ meant you could keep their value, but we're just basically renting these champs out temporarily, assuming we're lucky to get them in the first place.

I want this game to be great again, but not sure if that's possible anymore. Maybe I'm just a bitter vet and new players think it's great?

Comments

• AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Yeah pre-12.0 with Scarlet Witch was super fun... if you think that a game that has a single button labeled "win" that you just press over and over again is fun.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    The worst part, for me, (aside from the incredible amount of bugs and issues during gameplay) is that all of my favourite champs, are pretty much garbage.

I was so stoked when gambit got added. Managed to get a 4* version somehow, and he played so clunky, I could barely use him.

Fast forward to Carnage’s release, and my hopes of using my favourite marvel villain, were absolutely shattered.

I play this game because I like marvel characters. I want to collect my favourite, mix and match them into ‘dream teams’ and have fun using them.

But with the mechanics getting more and more OP (not necessarily a bad thing) and there being very limited counters to most of them, I feel like we are always railroaded into the same handful of champs....

Please Kabam, make all of our favourite champs fun and useful.