**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Evading After Block Since 17.2 [Under Investigation]

1235»

Comments

• Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    Sorry for a slow response on my part.

The rest of the team is still looking into this one. We'll hopefully have more information for you all soon. Thank you for your patience while we get to the bottom of this.

I think there is a similar issue with Sentry's S1. Does 3 hits in all, use to be I could block the first hit and evade the next 2. Don't seem to be able to do that now.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all!

With relation to the specific issue this thread was created about, I wanted to provide an update. We've identified an issue in the 17.2 version of the game with relation to multi-hit evades. Specifically, the issue prevents players from evading out of multi-hit special attacks after the initial blocked hit, for example: Venom's special 2, Cable's special 1 and Agent Venom's special 1.

This issue has been resolved and the fix will be live in the 18.0 update of the game. Thank you for all of your feedback about the issue and patience as we worked toward a fix.

8n8lmymu2j1m.gif
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Hi all!

With relation to the specific issue this thread was created about, I wanted to provide an update. We've identified an issue in the 17.2 version of the game with relation to multi-hit evades. Specifically, the issue prevents players from evading out of multi-hit special attacks after the initial blocked hit, for example: Venom's special 2, Cable's special 1 and Agent Venom's special 1.

This issue has been resolved and the fix will be live in the 18.0 update of the game. Thank you for all of your feedback about the issue and patience as we worked toward a fix.

Thanks for fixing this, looking forward to 18.0!
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Hi all!

I'm simply curious to know, how did this issue occur? If it wasn't originally a problem, why would it suddenly pop up?
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    Hi all!

i really hope this update has been tested through and through and WONT create any more problems because the player base needs a stable release asap where we can play the game normally again. too many tweaks are noticeable and it honestly has ruined gameplay with or without intention from kabam.

this is good news after a tough and rough couple of months and I hope this update will honestly right the ship cause too many of us have put a lot into this game and we do love it and just want to play without bugs
  • BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    They keep increasing the AI speed and decreasing ours.

The AI speed is definitely faster, no matter what the Mods are telling us. I don't think that they're lowering ours, it just feels that way cause the opponents are so fast now.

Do they not think that seasoned players can tell the difference? Mind blowing that this seems to be the case. Different elements of the game are faster than others too.

The new Chadwick/Tom challenge is stupid fast, as well as the new uncollected monthly quest. Such a shame that they fell the need to resort to these tactics.

We can only hope that the AI doesn't get ramped up again with the 18.0 release
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Ah so it's not just me. I tried to evade Cable's special the other day and couldn't. It's like sticky feet or something. Might be not being able to double evade or something too.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    It’s not the same thing as the previous issue. The ability to block the beginning of a projectile special then dash back to evade the rest has only changed in this update.

Wonder if one of the new champs will have an sp this benefits

How about this new node for the Celeb Challenge? My champs will conveniently drop blocks or forget how to dash back which resets the stupid "Prove yourself" timer making these fights way longer than they should be.
  • dparmdparm Posts: 109
    I think this is a related issue, but I am noticing that it is nearly impossible to end a combo with a special attack now.

The first four hits land perfectly, but as soon as I go to use a special for the fifth hit, the AI instantly blocks. My special attack still happens, except now the AI is blocking and then immediately retaliates and I get clobbered.

Absolutely infuriating.
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    So does that mean there's going to be 7 other updates b4 this get fix even though the problem has been identified??
    well kabam lyra said the v.18.0 update will fix this completely so Im holding them to it. I really hope this will be a stable fix as a game which has a marvel name and a huge fan base shouldnt be THIS bugged for THIS long.

please god let v.18.0 fix all these bugs and annoyances

cc: @Kabam Miike
    Hi all!

will dropped blocks and double dashing back not working be addressed too in the new update?
  • KanoooKanooo Posts: 106
    Yeah. Agreeing with most of you on the issues stated.

Even when I’m blocking, my champ still evades and ending up getting hit / or totally thrashed against a high powered AI.

Their AIs also sometimes can somehow miraculously break my block (as if it’s unblockable). This happens lesser than the former, but still....

These 2 issues Has been bothering me no matter how many updates have been done.

The weird thing for me is, it’s not just happening for me in one device. So I don’t even know how to ask for help anymore.
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Why necropost?
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    @Kanooo #1 please don’t revive dead threads
    #2 if it is only happened on one device it is most likely an issue with the device not picking up inputs not the game being bugged
    It’s hardly a necropost. It’s still relevant to this day, and maybe even more years to come.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Kanooo said:

Even when I’m blocking, my champ still evades and ending up getting hit / or totally thrashed against a high powered AI.

Their AIs also sometimes can somehow miraculously break my block (as if it’s unblockable). This happens lesser than the former, but still....

The weird thing for me is, it’s not just happening for me in one device. So I don’t even know how to ask for help anymore.

some champs will evade even while blocking, some wont, the ones that will not explicitly state they will not in their abilties.

What champs are you fighting that are breaking your block and what are the nodes?
    edited October 2020
    Lormif said:

Kanooo said:

some champs will evade even while blocking, some wont, the ones that will not explicitly state they will not in their abilties.

What champs are you fighting that are breaking your block and what are the nodes?

Breaking the block doesn’t happen often and it’s random (could be AQ/AW or some quest).

But the evading this is the real pain. Of course I’m aware that champs like the spiders and night crawler evade but it’s happening with other champs. When that happens I ended up getting hit because of that.

Read somewhere that it might be related to the auto fight feature bug. It’s been a very old issue but it’s still very much alive and annoying me to this day.