**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Iceman ice armor buff

can someone please enlighten me regarding ice armor of Iceman? was fighting 2nd stage mini boss UC in map 3 and pushed him to his SP3 knowing that if ice armor is on, I will only deal max 5% damage from his SP3. I believe SP3 is a single source. well, I was KO'd from that special. Am I missing something?

facts:
iceman during the fight still has more than 50% health
Ice armor is up

Comments

• DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    That doesnt seem right. You should have survived no issue.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 23
    Not sure which but one of the bosses in EQ has a node that means instant ko on sp3
  • CupidCupid Posts: 23
    just ignore that I clearly cant read!
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Definitely not working correctly.

I'm also curious about taking a s3 when using a 5* iceman...

If his ice armor is supposed to reduce damage to 5%, then a 5* iceman with the 20% reduction bonus should only take 4% damage, but every time I try this it still takes 5%.

I get that there's some rounding taking place with the health percentages because it'll show 100% health even if you are a few points less than 100%, but it seems a bit odd that I'm not seeing a 4% loss even occasionally.
  • EdNortonEdNorton Posts: 10

If his ice armor is supposed to reduce damage to 5%, then a 5* iceman with the 20% reduction bonus should only take 4% damage, but every time I try this it still takes 5%.

I get that there's some rounding taking place with the health percentages because it'll show 100% health even if you are a few points less than 100%, but it seems a bit odd that I'm not seeing a 4% loss even occasionally.

20% reduction probably gets applied first which means it doesn’t matter with ice armor, always 5%
  • mavis_elaymavis_elay Posts: 19
    @Kabam Miike can this be a possible bug? Please look into the matter.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    EdNorton wrote: »

20% reduction probably gets applied first which means it doesn’t matter with ice armor, always 5%

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.
  • Went ahead and moved this to the correct thread so that it is easier to keep track of.

@OneManArmy, when you say that this happened to you earlier this week as well, was that also against Unstoppable Colossus in the 2nd part of map 3 of AQ, or was it against a different opponent? Also, did anyone who experienced this issue have any boosts active at the time that this happened?
    Thanks for looking into this. I have no active boosts during the fight. I recorded some clips against an UC. Noticed that just before UC animation, ice armor was nullifed and Iceman dealt a lot of damage. Will upload it later for your reference.
    https://youtu.be/NecvPYn4-Ac

In this clip ice armor was nullified just as the sp3 animation start dealing more than 5% damage to Iceman
  • Nick0609Nick0609 Posts: 71
    happened in an aw a while ago against kingpin. I pushed him to l3 and he koed me even tho i had half health and ice armor
    https://youtu.be/k9_olO76kj0

In this clip ice armor was not nullifed before sp3. 5% damage was dealt to Iceman which should happen.
  • wookehwookeh Posts: 147 ★★
    mavis_elay wrote: »

In this clip ice armor was nullified just as the sp3 animation start dealing more than 5% damage to Iceman

You used special 2. Icemen converts the armor to boost damage on sp2.

y2rkdtqim381.jpg
    @Kabam Miike fights above were not from AQ but duels only. You can clearly see ice armor was nullified in the first video. No boosts are active in the fights.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Iceman’s special 2 shatters his ice armor to increase his attack power during a s2 ice armor then needs to reform to prevent more than 5% being done.
    Hell yeah! SP2 shatters his ice armor.

This thread can be close.

Thanks guys for the help! 👌
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Read abilities bro
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★

its working fine. you used your s2 which if you have ice armour up it takes that and converts it into extra attack for icey. so you used your s2 and then pushed uc to his s3 and you didnt have ice armour at the time and got kod.
    this is how it works so no issue here unfortunately