**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sabertooth weak regen

Whether the mechanics of the regen are working as designed or not, it’s a terrible design. The fury stacking (which I love except for it resetting) works directly against the regen in terms of gameplay. You build and build your fury stacks which essentially, makes each fight shorter and shorter yet, the regen stacks and stacks but do not any real benefit because the regen amount is spread over 25 seconds. However, even in a “long” fight you’re under pressure to either land a hit or be hit again because of this terrible 5 second handicap. I could see the 5 second handicap if the regen stacked, had an increased amount restored per hit, and not extended over 25 seconds. All of the regen mechanics work directly against the type or champ who gets stronger and stronger with each fight
this has to be addressed. The current design makes the regen totally useless.

Comments

• LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    Hes meant to be like that for the purpose of being a defender, otherwise if what ur saying is given to him people will forget the god tier blade and this guy will take his place ,hes demigod as he is.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    He’s actually an imposing defender as multiple hits will eventually start canceling out with his regen stacks unless you can DoT, heal block… or be hulk/SL
  • Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    As a defender his regen is pretty weak not sure how long u guys been playing this game but it’s pretty weak! And I have played this game from its release so let’s just say I have all the hero’s and like I said his regen is weak on how the mechanics work, even king groot is way better and he is a defensive hero!
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    His regen is there for him as a defender and his furies for offense. Pretty simple mechanics. If you want healing for offense... Wolverine.

Or X23, Rogue debatably, pretty sure Blade has it, King Groot if you REALLY love long fights, Magik if you know how to do it, Doc Oc technically has it… Guillotine is pretty good with it in short-medium fights, GR defiantly has it
    Guys I wrote this post to possibly get a mod to comment on this weather he is a defender or offense hero his regen is really weak plain and simple on how the mechanics work, this post was not intended for negative comments
    Last comment his regen basically is very poor on both ends offense and defense period!
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Lol I think the op doesn’t like people disagreeing with him 😂😂😂
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    As a defender his regen is pretty weak not sure how long u guys been playing this game but it’s pretty weak! And I have played this game from its release so let’s just say I have all the hero’s and like I said his regen is weak on how the mechanics work, even king groot is way better and he is a defensive hero!

sig 100+ Saber on Node 24 in expert tier AW ... the regen is NOT weak.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    sig 100+ Saber on Node 24 in expert tier AW ... the regen is NOT weak.

Nailed it, his sig ability needs to be high for his regeneration to be significant
    “No champion is ever made with the sole intent to be offensive or defensive and every champ is useable in every instance albeit with varying effectiveness in case-to-case basis”

-Kabam Otter 😂(JK)

[but that’s basically what the mods are allowed to say in this scenario]
    R4 saber high sig also and I would never put him on node 24 , node 24 is not a true Representation of his regeneration, poor example! Place him on a non regen node and you will understand what I am talking about! Honestly he is just a average champ. Many other offense or defense hero’s regen much better and they don’t even have stacks like saber is suppose to, come on look at the data at hand!
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Sabretooth is an above-average champ but not god tier. He has a few things going for him (mostly prestige) but there are usually better defenders and better attacks for almost all situations. He's useful if you know where the opponent placed their iceman and want to bring Sabretooth to fight him. I brought my r4 sabre to war to handle known 5/65 iceman on bleed node 44 easily. It was pretty fun building furies up to that point and had about 11 to start the fight. His regen is never going to heal more than the damage you take and should be looked upon as Adrenaline on 6*s.
    Agree with prestige and iceman fights but regen still is weak even with the stack feature
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    It's meant to blunt damage taken, not to actually heal with.
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    edited April 2018
    Sabertooths regen is in the short list of worst abilities in the game, not just Regen. Its like Ant-Man's poison damage from sp2. Meaningless.
    Anyone debating this hasn't used him and must be thinking of the Sabertooth from last months event.

Read below if you want to know how it works before defending it:
    A 5* r4 getting 25 tics of +9 is useless.
    To get something around +100 a tic for 25 secs that means you lost 10K direct damage from 1 hit.
    If you're still alive and took multiple hits to get some meaningful amount of a regen total you can lose it with no contact after 5 secs.
    You get nothing back for damage over time, block damage, degen.
    6* Adrenaline gives A LOT MORE health back and thats for every champ.
    And don't tell me Node 24 for AW defense makes him great. Buffet is based in the champs inflated health, they don't need refen ability. Same for node 42.

Intentionally or not. The developer notes left out the details on his regen. The mods took weeks to address the questions asked. Sabertooth isnt close to the inflated boss from last months event or the original description made public.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    The fact that it takes such a long time to heal back actually works very well in conjunction with adrenaline. However, first you need to get a 6* Sabertooth and dupe him a bunch to enjoy that benefit.
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    The regen stacking mechanic makes zero sense to be used for Regen. Its treated like the counters for stacking fury.
    Yea it’s pretty worth less