**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Corvus and proxima villains

Comments

• ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Kabam miss-tagging champ. She is actually supervillain. Not talking about blade I like Villain champ for tynery node.. If kabam wants balance then they can just add hero, mercenary character.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Kabam didn’t miss tag a champ. It’s their game. They do with it whatever they want. This game isn’t 100% based on the comics anyway or things would be a lot different
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    LOL to all the disingenuous people here claiming this was NOT done to prevent danger sense Blade from smashing through these champs.

Is it a "nerf" of Blade? No

It is however another shady move in my opinion.

The only people who think this was done to hurt Blade are the short-sighted ones who thought Blade’s performance was an accident. You don’t create a champ and synergy like that by mistake.

Blade was purposely created to destroy mystic wars and encourage defender diversity and that’s what he did. Anyone who thought every champ moving forward was going to be tagged the same way as the past is probably the same type of person to spam the board for 8 months with nerf blade threads.

Maybe everyone will stop crying now as we see less villains. Probably not though bc that team is still going to run through everything.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    I don’t see how this is shady.

Why can they not tag them to Thanos Army? It makes sense.

Even if it is to counter blade, he, along with others still breeze through them in uncollected quest... so what's the big deal?
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    They are just soilders doing their job for their boss Thanos, they just making ends meet
  • NanaPokuNanaPoku Posts: 50
    Does Blade need to beat every Champ that comes? Lol.

Then by that logic, they should start creating champs that are clearly mystic but classify them as cosmic.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    And to justify the lack of logic regarding these two champions, here - They're Thanos's Army, it's a CATEGORY, same as Thunderbolts, Avengers, Defenders, Sinister 6, Illuminati, XMen, Guardians of the Galaxy...so it goes...CATEGORY! The lack of Hero / Villain or even Mercenary is totally inaccurate, just a bad way to run from a obvious situation...

os1sd0066skc.png

trnxzacyowwn.png

Thank you @Godlyshadow for the screenshots.
    That’s precisely my point. Even if it is not villain (which doesn’t only affect blade, GR gets it as well) the hero/villain/mercenary tag can't be omitted.
    It’s the first time, at least to my recollection, and goes against the precedent set by kabam.

• Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    The villain tag not being on villains like proxima and corvus don't just affect blade
    It affects stark and ghost rider whom I have (no blade)
    They should have villain tags. Same as Sabertooth. It will be a shame if this is the future direction of the game just to tone down the effectiveness of one overpowered champ.

It’s not just about Blade either. There are nodes where only villains gain power, nodes that increase crit rate for villains and synergies that potentially revive non-robotic villains. If you pull Corvus or Proxima you’d expect them to benefit from these but they won’t.

If there’s a worry about too many villains for Blade to cut down Kabam could always review some champs who currently have the villain tag and give them something else. Off the top of my head Magneto, Red Hulk, Rhino, Ronan and Taskmaster all have villain tags which could be changed to something else. Not saying they need to be heroes, but they could possibly create a new tag for ambiguous characters (like they did with mercenary).

I agree with this
    Ronan is not even really an outright villain
    Same with red hulk
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    NanaPoku wrote: »

Then by that logic, they should start creating champs that are clearly mystic but classify them as cosmic.

People made that case as well. GG, Doc Oc. There isn't always logic when designing a Champ within an already-existing framework. Let's be honest. If Blade didn't have his Ability, people would hardly care if they were tagged #Watermelon.

People made that case as well. GG, Doc Oc. There isn't always logic when designing a Champ within an already-existing framework. Let's be honest. If Blade didn't have his Ability, people would hardly care if they were tagged #Watermelon.

Before blade people cared for the villain tag
    Villain node in story quests (act 4) and the node where only villains gain power
    Stark
    Ghost rider
    Jh_Dez wrote: »

Villain node in story quests (act 4) and the node where only villains gain power
    Stark
    Ghost rider

They might have noticed the Tag, but they weren't looking for it as much. Not every Champ that comes will have the Tag. There's more to the game than Blade.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Right,Since all of us have dragged this discussion for Soooooo long,
    I recommend we tag ourselves as #BrickWalls
    Right,Since all of us have dragged this discussion for Soooooo long,
    I recommend we tag ourselves as #BrickWalls
    I actually laughed out loud 😂

Stark
    Ghost rider

They might have noticed the Tag, but they weren't looking for it as much. Not every Champ that comes will have the Tag. There's more to the game than Blade.

I dont have blade :-\

Stark
    Ghost rider

Oh come on give it a rest.
    I would’ve started this post just the same if it were Medusa and her armor shattered didn’t work on ultron. Because maybe he isn’t a robot he’s an advanced being or whatever.
    Tags are important and are there for a reason. They affect many champs in many ways. Not just blade.
    They can’t just dismiss their tag system. Well they can it’s just not ok.
    Except you acknowledged that it had to do with Blade. I'm not saying people never noticed Tags before. Obviously some did. It's just that we never heard much about them until his Danger Sense came along. It's not really an injustice if a Champ has a different Tag.
    Yes I acknoledge it was because of blade because this time around it hurt blade the MOST (not only him).

I’m not saying my post wasn’t because of blade (it was) but that shouldn’t diminish the strength of my argument.
    The problem is blade is so controversial right now.
    If it were any other champ there would be so little resistance. And most would agree with me.
    That was my point in the last post. You focus on blade instead of the tag.
    Acknowledged. Sorry
    No I get it. I just feel the need to point out that there will be some Champs that Blade won't be triggered by is all. To be honest, it worries me when I see people invest so much energy into one Champ, simply because the game will change. There will be other Champs, other counters, new "Next Best Thing" Champs. I don't have any problem with people liking any particular Champ. More or less just want people to be realistic. Plus, it can go any way. Some Champs we may consider Vilains could have a new and different Tag.
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    Onmix wrote: »
    Because I think they are doing it. If they are villains tag them as villains. If he was gonna be overpowered then it’s their fault. Nerf him then. But If you leave him as he is then respect your design and tag characters accordingly.

Besides are you really going to be satisfied with this counter for blade ? Wouldn’t you like a fighting mechanic a characters abilities something along the lines of gameplay to counter him ?
    If this doesn’t exist, they made a mistake with blade and should do a real nerf. Not a tag change.

Think, then post. Works best in that order. They bleed. Blade destroys them. Anything else you need means your just trying to play the game with the biggest handicap possible. My thumbs are god tier, so not every champ has to be a mystic or villain. 😉

I THINK you should take your own advice. What does that have to do with anything lol.
    Congrats on your thumbs. 👍🏻
    Because I think they are doing it. If they are villains tag them as villains. If he was gonna be overpowered then it’s their fault. Nerf him then. But If you leave him as he is then respect your design and tag characters accordingly.

Besides are you really going to be satisfied with this counter for blade ? Wouldn’t you like a fighting mechanic a characters abilities something along the lines of gameplay to counter him ?
    If this doesn’t exist, they made a mistake with blade and should do a real nerf. Not a tag change.

Think, then post. Works best in that order. They bleed. Blade destroys them. Anything else you need means your just trying to play the game with the biggest handicap possible. My thumbs are god tier, so not every champ has to be a mystic or villain. 😉

I THINK you should take your own advice. What does that have to do with anything lol.
    Congrats on your thumbs. 👍🏻

Your crying like a baby on the forums because your bladey wadey can’t cut through some new champs with Complete ease, just moderately easy. Learn to play better and the villain tags don’t matter. Your 👎👎 are trash.

Oh my. Sorry that I hurt your feelings. Guess I was talking to a kid instead of and adult.
    Why don’t you go play and leave the grown ups talk. We had an interesting conversation before you came along.