**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Let’s talk about rift rewards....

Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
So rift rewards are becoming a complete joke, after u have spent a small fortune on refills to finish the 93 energy paths u get given this complete pile of dog s....t

1pkvx61gqs0a.png

How is this even in the master rewards set... I have 58 of these in statsh, nearly 30 t4cc crystals and over 800 t4cc fragment crystals.

What the hell is the point of this, would rather have half a t1a so I could actually rank some of the **** champs I’ve pulled.

Actually, on second thoughts just give me back the 60 odd energy it cost me to run the rift and u can keep his ****!!!

I’m sure there is a lot of you who agree with me

Comments

• Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    I think the rift rewards are perfect for their respective difficulty (heroic, master etc). Master has not gotten harder since rifts were here last, I believe it’s even gotten easier with the introduction of uncollected. And that leads me into the real problem with rifts.

Uncollected should not give 10k t4 rift-shards. It’s ridiculous that uncollected and master give the same rift rewards, end of. What kabam should have done is either; made uncollected give out at least 25k t4 rift shards. Or, and this is the clearly better option, make a t5 uncollected rift.

The issue is that back when rifts first came out, 5* were so rare to the average player that 10% of a 5* is something to cheer about and be like wow that’s amazing. Similar to how we’d feel about 1000 6* shards. Same with basic and class cats. None of these are the top rewards in the game anymore and that’s why rifts feel lacklustre.

This t5 rift should have been implemented, t4 rifts would give 5k t5 rift shards and t5 rifts would give out maybe 250-500 6* shards. Uncollected would give out 10k t5 rift shards and that’s the only places we could get them. Players work hard to be uncollected, that should unlock new rewards. Note: t5 rifts would still be available to non-uncollected players, they’d just have to complete 2 t4 rifts to do it. They wouldn’t have the option to do uncollected event quest for it.

Rewards. Rewards for t5 rifts should be the same standard proportionally as the t4 rifts were last time. The 1* chests should give t2a shards and 1k 6* shards, there should be full t2a in there, the higher chests give higher amounts of 6* shards and small amounts of t5 basic shards, perhaps there could be a 10k 5* shards prize from the chests as a lower price but this is focussed on endgame rewards. The top prizes would be either full 6* crystals, or maybe even a 6* featured. Possibly a t5 basic.

This might sound crazy, but this is what it was like when rifts came out. The average player had 4/40 4* and I was one of those, I pulled a t2a from it when I had about 8 5*! I pulled a full 5* crystal. This is how the game has progressed, but kabam have kept the rifts the same.

Thanks for adding some rationale and clear logic to my rant - the top 10% of game players have no use for any of the rewards is current rifts as most of us have more 5* champs than we can use but jack the basic (t1a and basic cats) to actually rank them
  • BoardXFoolBoardXFool Posts: 4
    These Rift Quests are ABSOLUTELY not worth the energy. Skip the quests and just spin the crystals. I trusted the message sent by the game team that it would be worth competing in the quest as opposed to spinning a crystal. So I accumulated ebough crystals to cmpete in each level. The Master Level, 5 energy per move awarded me with 1500 5str shards. There are WAY better awarsd but good luck on getting them. WASTE of TIME Rifts should be the title. It's energy I cannot get back but a lesson for future quests like these.............spin the crystals.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    Be grateful my friend 3 runs at the master riff got me 3000 5* shards and 7000 t2a shards..
    I would have happily had that cat in exchange for what I got..
    But I feel your pain on the T1a.. I keep watching t4b expire due to lack of them..
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    I think the rift rewards are perfect for their respective difficulty (heroic, master etc). Master has not gotten harder since rifts were here last, I believe it’s even gotten easier with the introduction of uncollected. And that leads me into the real problem with rifts.

Uncollected should not give 10k t4 rift-shards. It’s ridiculous that uncollected and master give the same rift rewards, end of. What kabam should have done is either; made uncollected give out at least 25k t4 rift shards. Or, and this is the clearly better option, make a t5 uncollected rift.

The issue is that back when rifts first came out, 5* were so rare to the average player that 10% of a 5* is something to cheer about and be like wow that’s amazing. Similar to how we’d feel about 1000 6* shards. Same with basic and class cats. None of these are the top rewards in the game anymore and that’s why rifts feel lacklustre.

This t5 rift should have been implemented, t4 rifts would give 5k t5 rift shards and t5 rifts would give out maybe 250-500 6* shards. Uncollected would give out 10k t5 rift shards and that’s the only places we could get them. Players work hard to be uncollected, that should unlock new rewards. Note: t5 rifts would still be available to non-uncollected players, they’d just have to complete 2 t4 rifts to do it. They wouldn’t have the option to do uncollected event quest for it.

Rewards. Rewards for t5 rifts should be the same standard proportionally as the t4 rifts were last time. The 1* chests should give t2a shards and 1k 6* shards, there should be full t2a in there, the higher chests give higher amounts of 6* shards and small amounts of t5 basic shards, perhaps there could be a 10k 5* shards prize from the chests as a lower price but this is focussed on endgame rewards. The top prizes would be either full 6* crystals, or maybe even a 6* featured. Possibly a t5 basic.

This might sound crazy, but this is what it was like when rifts came out. The average player had 4/40 4* and I was one of those, I pulled a t2a from it when I had about 8 5*! I pulled a full 5* crystal. This is how the game has progressed, but kabam have kept the rifts the same.

Pretty valid analysis of what makes the current rifts feel like a weak effort from the game team. I’d feel a lot better pulling a 1/2* chest in a T5 rift and getting 6* shards than a dribbling of 5* shards from the T4 rift.

Let’s hope the same philosophy won’t apply to Act 6 rewards.

Dr. Zola
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Savio444 wrote: »
    Could have been worse.

Something low tier players don't understand is for many end game players it literally could not be worse than getting a t4cc.
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    @Monk 1 said...

I’m sure there is a lot of you who agree with me

You have exactly 2 people who hit the agree button. Congratulations. 😂👌
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    If people have mass amounts of them, that doesn't change their value. T4CCs aren't that expendable. The Rift is RNG. It can't tell what you have and don't have. Having that many Cats is the result of the Prestige Race in AQ, and it suggests a larger imbalance in overall Resources in the AQ Rewards setup, considering the majority aren't sitting on hoards.
  • Jing_Yik2017Jing_Yik2017 Posts: 86
    Master rift, one year ago maybe good for end-game players, and very good for mid-tier players like me.

With all the new ways to get resources in the game now, the rewards should be adjusted to match with current situation, and don't mind a harder level if there is one.

The only rewards i am aiming now is 5* awakening stone, that's all.

Ran twice master, both time got 3600 t2a.......
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Not complaining at all about these come on this is all extra stuff.

I do wish they had this every month though but make it so you can only earn enough shards to complete each difficulty once except the master one. Which would be done twice or add uncollected difficulty
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    I’m a mid-tier player and I think the rifts are poop. I don’t care if I even do another one. This months events are less than desirable in my opinion.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Savio444 wrote: »
    Could have been worse.

Something low tier players don't understand is for many end game players it literally could not be worse than getting a t4cc.

Yes, but it could have been worse in terms of rarity. The chances are pretty slim for the amazing stuff. A t4cc isn’t exactly trash to most of the players of this game.
    edited April 2018
    If people have mass amounts of them, that doesn't change their value. T4CCs aren't that expendable. The Rift is RNG. It can't tell what you have and don't have. Having that many Cats is the result of the Prestige Race in AQ, and it suggests a larger imbalance in overall Resources in the AQ Rewards setup, considering the majority aren't sitting on hoards.

If you asked someone with 150 Million gold if they wanted 1 million gold. They couldn’t care less. If you offer someone with 100 gold the same amount they would take it. It’s all proportional. It doesn’t change it’s actual monetary value, but it changes the value of it, and how much something is worth, to you. Same thing here, if you offer someone with 2 class cats, the perceived value of it is huge. Offer the same to someone with cats overflowing and expiring, it is literally useless. And I mean literally. I have mutant class cats in the red, running out in a few days. A mutant class cat, with no champions to rank with them, is 100% useless to me.

The fact you don’t understand this speaks a hell of a lot about you.

I understand the difference between personal worth and actual in-game value. Just because you have them expiring doesn't mean it's literally worthless. You can't use it, fair enough. They can't design a Rift based on RNG that calculates what each Player needs.
    What I can't understand is the need to complain about something that still has value. If people are overflowing to the point of being over getting one while others are still waiting years to form enough for an R3/R5, then that says a great deal more about overall balancing of Resources than appeasing people who have more than they can use.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    I think they are great, if this was a year ago...

Kind of like how dimensional rifts were great.

They should have upped the small rewards or at least stuck in 6* shards in their place.

But extra stuff is always nice I guess but let us not pretend they are near the same worth as dimensional rifts were at that point in the game back then.
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    But @GroundedWisdom in game worth of t4c is 0 if your overflowing. Can't even sell them they just disappear from stash. So that t4c for the rift for the op was the same result as starting the rift and letting it time out as he got nothing. There are tons of players in this boat. When you factor in the t1a and gold problems t4c and aq crystals are sitting there unable to be opened because the class just goes into limbo That has a flow on effect to t4b as well, lots of frags or potential t4b in those aq crystals you can't open. They need to bring back the ability to sell them or raise the item cap, or correct gold issues. T1a is a bit better since they lowered glory prices. Can't rank because of other bottlenecks, can't sell because it doesn't let you, can't hold enough in inventory and can't even use them as ISO how you used to way back when. All of these factors make in-game value 0 for a lot of people not just top 300. I got friends not even in top 1000 alliances with same problems.
    edited April 2018
    The "Gold Issue" is because of the other overflow of Resources, an abundance of Cats from maximizing Prestige, and an increase in Champs from the recent increase. Which is why I stand by my original comment. It's an indication of overhauling Rewards across the board, not just Gold. You have pockets of excess and larger numbers eking by. As for the Cat, it still has a value that's separate from whether people need it or not. Some people will get to a point where very little is useful to them, and it becomes intrinsically harder to accommodate to those possibilities with Events designed for a large number of Players. It's just RNG. You can roll something you don't need. That's how it works. Now, I don't have any objections to the suggestion of a T5 Rift as was mentioned, for the next time they might come. I'm just reaffirming the fact that it still has a value within the game, and it's not fair to say that because you can't personally use it, it shouldn't be there or it has no worth. To others, it does.
    That wouldn't be a solution to the imbalance overall. One demographic who play the Prestige game would still have an overflow.
  • NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    300k-ish player here. I've done 2 master rifts so far. First result was a t4 basic. Ugh, I have 3 in the stash already. Second was the 1* chest, 1k 5* shards, so 1500 since you get 500 for completing it. I said right before I did the second one that I'd MUCH rather have a 1* chest than another basic, so can't be too disappointed
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    That wouldn't be a solution to the imbalance overall.
    are you talking about "if T4 were allowed to be sold" or about "if exchanging was allowed"
    I mean that enabling selling wouldn't be a solution to the fact that certain demographics are farming more than they can use. I'm saying the Resources need to be rebalanced overall.
This discussion has been closed.