**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[Question] How can someone receive defeat rewards when it’s a Tie in AW

Hi All,

So recently my alliance faced a tie in AW.
We got an inbox stating that its a “Alliance War - Tie”. When we opened that inbox message, the rewards given were not correct as they were for “Alliance War - Defeat”.

I have attached Screenshots for reference.

7lyu10rk4mhn.png
qdvkv85dkeyx.png

Comments

• Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Alliance War ties are counted as defeats.
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Alliance War ties are counted as defeats.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Hi All,

We got an inbox stating that its a “Alliance War - Tie”. When we opened that inbox message, the rewards given were not correct as they were for “Alliance War - Defeat”.

There are rewards for participation, bonus rewards for victory, and a consolation prize for being defeated. When there is a tie you get the participation rewards, you do not get the victory bonus rewards, but you are given the consolation prize that defeated alliances normally get. Technically, there are no rewards for a tie, so if you want to protest you could protest actually getting the defeat rewards when you should have gotten nothing. I'm not sure why you would want to do that though.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Because we are all losers to kabam unless we win. I also suspect its to stop match fixing. Otherwise some clever person would work out a way to cheat and for alliance to keep 'tieing' to win. Lol.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Because no one won. so no one gets the victor rewards
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Ties need to habe thier own kind of reward. Something inbetween Winning and Losing
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    If you’re not first, you’re last
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Hi All,

7lyu10rk4mhn.png
    qdvkv85dkeyx.png

Ties are loses, they aren't wins for either group. The system isn't set up for a tie, it would be nice if they could implement a timing mechanism. So if your group finishes first thats the tie breaker.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Hi All,

7lyu10rk4mhn.png
    qdvkv85dkeyx.png

Ties are loses, they aren't wins for either group. The system isn't set up for a tie, it would be nice if they could implement a timing mechanism. So if your group finishes first thats the tie breaker.

I still hate this idea because of time zones. I'm not waking up middle of the night for this game.

A tie is a tie, you didn't win. You don't deserve winning rewards.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    The only thing reward for a tie, IMO, is reduced or no loss of war rating. This plus the defeat rewards
  • rohitbhati110rohitbhati110 Posts: 59
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Hi All,

7lyu10rk4mhn.png
    qdvkv85dkeyx.png

I still hate this idea because of time zones. I'm not waking up middle of the night for this game.

Noone is asking for wining rewards my friend. If one doesn’t win they can’t have wining rewards. But if there is a tie, why war rating is reduced, plus why deafeat rewards. There should be something in b/w.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    I understand why Kabam initially implemented this current system where a draw essentially receives the rewards of the losers--to ensure that there was no cooperation between allys and that they would not draw purposefully. However, that is a near impossibility now and, with the new system, would not be in the best interest of both teams.
    There are many sports where a draw renders more points than a loss but not as many as a victory. I'll give two that I'm very familiar with and are very international and so that most players would be familiar with as well---football/soccer and chess. I think that most players would agree that the rewards for a draw should be more than the rewards for a loss but not as much as the rewards for a win. Please revisit this Kabam.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    One more diverse champ and you would have won
  • Its the reduction in war rating which hurts the most.
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    One more diverse champ and you would have won

Offtopic
    @Kabam Miike or any other person from kabam can comment on this issue.

It would be really great
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Hi All,

7lyu10rk4mhn.png
    qdvkv85dkeyx.png

Noone is asking for wining rewards my friend. If one doesn’t win they can’t have wining rewards. But if there is a tie, why war rating is reduced, plus why deafeat rewards. There should be something in b/w.

I can kind of accept this. But respectfully disagree. I think tie's should be considered losses.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I read a previous post on the forum where someone said ties count as losses to prevent alliances from manipulating AW results. Given how AW is manipulated in other ways (2* wars in Tier 1, AW pilots, AW mercenaries, etc.), ties counting as losses don't seem unreasonable.