**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

GOLD. Is it really an issue?

1151617181921»

Comments

• charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    To answer the thread's title,
    It's all about perspective.
    Riegel wrote: »

Exactly, my hope was Kabam would answer the question. Obviously, 600 comments into they still haven't.

I wouldn't exactly call myself broke as mid-tier player,I have 800k gold right now,
    Although there was a time when I was so broke,I couldn't r2 my 5* Hyperion.

I guess increasing gold earned everywhere by a % is fair,Even through introducing 'gold boosts'
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★

Exactly, my hope was Kabam would answer the question. Obviously, 600 comments into they still haven't.

I wouldn't exactly call myself broke as mid-tier player,I have 800k gold right now,

I guess increasing gold earned everywhere by a % is fair,Even through introducing 'gold boosts'

I always try to stay around 2.0-2.5 million myself. I just would really appreciate Kabam giving us data driven facts instead of fighting forum trolls all day long. This could have been over a month ago if they just said, "looking at the data gold seems to be in a good spot. If something changes we will review it again at a later time."
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★

You are getting there. Good job. Just stop ranking any champ for a short period of time and put your limit in 2 million gold and never go below that.
    Hey Everybody,

Let's all remember that just fighting each other in threads is not a constructive use of the forums. While we understand that this is an open forum, and that means that disagreements will arise, please remember to keep it civil and to discuss your points of view in a constructive manner. Let's create discussions, and not arguments.

We know that there are multiple points of view on whether or not there is a shortage of gold, or if there needs to be more ways to earn gold, etc., The fact of the matter is that while there are still lots of ways to earn gold in game, and a thrifty Summoner probably isn't running into as many issues with having a shortage of gold as some others, there are lots of Summoners out there that are hurting for gold.

We're working on ways to address this without causing any problems where we flood the game's economy with Gold (like the Halls of Fortune do), because that's also not healthy for the game as a whole in the long run. Rather, we're working on ways that will inject more gold into the game through many different facets. So, while I can't say much more on it at this time, I will say that we do know this is a problem that many of you are having, and it is one that we are working on.

Thanks for responding!
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Hey Everybody,

Let's all remember that just fighting each other in threads is not a constructive use of the forums. While we understand that this is an open forum, and that means that disagreements will arise, please remember to keep it civil and to discuss your points of view in a constructive manner. Let's create discussions, and not arguments.

We know that there are multiple points of view on whether or not there is a shortage of gold, or if there needs to be more ways to earn gold, etc., The fact of the matter is that while there are still lots of ways to earn gold in game, and a thrifty Summoner probably isn't running into as many issues with having a shortage of gold as some others, there are lots of Summoners out there that are hurting for gold.

We're working on ways to address this without causing any problems where we flood the game's economy with Gold (like the Halls of Fortune do), because that's also not healthy for the game as a whole in the long run. Rather, we're working on ways that will inject more gold into the game through many different facets. So, while I can't say much more on it at this time, I will say that we do know this is a problem that many of you are having, and it is one that we are working on.

Great post. Sums up perfectly what the majority of players are seeing with gold issues. There's an unlimited supply proportional to time, but time is the most limiting factor. As gold costs scale up for increasing rarity of chapions, real-life time cannot scale up in that same sense. I am glad to see this acknowledged as a problem and that you guys are working on finding a fair solution for all. That's all we can ask for at this point.
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    This might be the first time I've seen Miike essentially end a thread without closing it. I like it.

I like that there is a solution forthcoming. Hopefully it comes sooner rather than later as I am one of the many hurting.

They did close it just now, but reopened it. Very happy to be done here though, so idc either way.
  • Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117

I always try to stay around 2.0-2.5 million myself. I just would really appreciate Kabam giving us data driven facts instead of fighting forum trolls all day long. This could have been over a month ago if they just said, "looking at the data gold seems to be in a good spot. If something changes we will review it again at a later time."

The things Kabam is going to look at aren't the same things players will logically look at. They're going to look at things like Gold Crystal sales and are Alliances dropping down in Maps because donations are too high. They'll probably also look at things like Arena participation and if SA rewards have gone down due to lack of rank ups. If players aren't buying Gold, they're not grinding for it, they can afford to run the same maps, and they're putting up similar SA numbers, then it's about impossible from a statistical analysis standpoint to say there's a Gold shortage.
    Hey Everybody,

Great post. Sums up perfectly what the majority of players are seeing with gold issues. There's an unlimited supply proportional to time, but time is the most limiting factor. As gold costs scale up for increasing rarity of chapions, real-life time cannot scale up in that same sense. I am glad to see this acknowledged as a problem and that you guys are working on finding a fair solution for all. That's all we can ask for at this point.

See that is what I am talking about. Great input. fair solution is the Key.
    Cujo999 wrote: »

The things Kabam is going to look at aren't the same things players will logically look at. They're going to look at things like Gold Crystal sales and are Alliances dropping down in Maps because donations are too high. They'll probably also look at things like Arena participation and if SA rewards have gone down due to lack of rank ups. If players aren't buying Gold, they're not grinding for it, they can afford to run the same maps, and they're putting up similar SA numbers, then it's about impossible from a statistical analysis standpoint to say there's a Gold shortage.

The issue has always been Kabam needs to tell us if there is a shortage. That's why the title is a question. It's for them to answer. They just answered it, it took them a long while, but they answered it.
    edited April 2018
    How about updating the Gold mastery pitance and prosperity. Maybe if these 2 are tripled in what they do this might be enough Miike.

There should be a fair fix because this can break the game.
  • It's a HUGE problem, unless you constantly run several Arena's. I am the ONLY one in my Alliance with Gold, simply because i've been running 2 Arena's constantly. Sadly i'm BURNED OUT on Arena, just can't do it no more...
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Hey Everybody,

Thank You Mike

• SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike Thank you for the response. There are a lot of people having gold issues for a variety of reasons. It is not just people wasting their resources. It is nice to know the team is looking into it.

I don’t believe that Gold Realms are a good long term solution, but it would be nice to have some temporary relief until you all find the right way to do it throughout the game.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    "We're working on ways to address this without causing any problems where we flood the game's economy with Gold (like the Halls of Fortune do), because that's also not healthy for the game as a whole in the long run. Rather, we're working on ways that will inject more gold into the game through many different facets."

Kabam, pls kindly exclude those from this if they are so against it. Shall we give you a list for inclusion and exclusion?

Haha, no, we are nice and friendly people with open mind and not making false statements about meaningless nothingness. Regardless of whether they hate us getting more gold or not in the future, pls give them the same as what you are going to give us. :)

Cheers!
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Option#1 - No, gold will NOT increase
    Option#2 - Yes, gold will increase without spoiling the game economy, so YES gold will increase by certain amount
    Option#3 - Whoah! Gold will flood and drown everyone!

So, option#2 is the being considered, so when that happens, GOLD WILL INCREASE! :) Good move that certainly will win back more disgruntled players. Good job on this part.

p/s: By players, it means EVERYONE including BEGINNERS, progressing players, veteran who needs more gold, veteran who hates to see ppl getting mroe gold, and whales who doesn't need more gold since they have CASH!
    shchong2 wrote: »
    Option#1 - No, gold will NOT increase
    Option#2 - Yes, gold will increase without spoiling the game economy, so YES gold will increase by certain amount
    Option#3 - Whoah! Gold will flood and drown everyone!

So, option#2 is the being considered, so when that happens, GOLD WILL INCREASE! :) Good move that certainly will win back more disgruntled players. Good job on this part.

p/s: By players, it means EVERYONE including BEGINNERS, progressing players, veteran who needs more gold, veteran who hates to see ppl getting mroe gold, and whales who doesn't need more gold since they have CASH!

Good point. While some like me wanted option 1 some of you were radical wanting option 3. It is just fair to have option2 but make the player win it. Make the players work for it.
This discussion has been closed.