**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Infinity Dungeons Discussion Thread

Comments

• DuMonUDuMonU Posts: 54
    Will the 12 minute timer begin when you enter the room or when you actually begin the first fight? There is going to be some time needed to look at nodes and co-ordinate which node your partner prefers to come down.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I'm very excited about this new game mode, but utterly disappointed that the crystals only contain basic champs.

I have the vast majority of 3* and 4* champs in the crystals maxed out, so opening those crystals would net me nothing.

I have 65 total 5* champs, including 47 of the ones offered in the new crystals, and 23 of them are already duped (1 maxed).

I know of plenty of other people with even better rosters than mine.

So, this event, if I grind all month I can get 3 5* crystals. These crystals give me a 1.667% chance of zero benefit (hit my max duped Gwenpool), a 36.667% chance I just get 1 additional sig on a champ I already have awoken, a 40% chance of awakening a champ, and only a 21.667% chance of a new champ.

I just can't see the juice being worth the squeeze here. And for anyone with a more advanced roster than me, it definitely isn't.

Please consider upgrading these crystals to full dupes. Otherwise this new mode is not remotely worth my time.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    I'm very excited about this new game mode, but utterly disappointed that the crystals only contain basic champs.

I have the vast majority of 3* and 4* champs in the crystals maxed out, so opening those crystals would net me nothing.

I have 65 total 5* champs, including 47 of the ones offered in the new crystals, and 23 of them are already duped (1 maxed).

So, this event, if I grind all month I can get 3 5* crystals. These crystals give me a 1.667% chance of zero benefit (hit my max duped Gwenpool), a 36.667% chance I just get 1 additional sig on a champ I already have awoken, a 40% chance of awakening a champ, and only a 21.667% chance of a new champ.

I just can't see the juice being worth the squeeze here. And for anyone with a more advanced roster than me, it definitely isn't.

Please consider upgrading these crystals to full dupes. Otherwise this new mode is not remotely worth my time.

Bro what? Free rewards. Stop complaining

think you missed his point. Good chance he will get no rewards from this.

• IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    Guzma wrote: »
    Seriously no 5* Blade or Stark Spidey in the 5* crystals? I only care about awakening those 2. Not to mention almost no god tier champs are in these. Why don't you take out the bad champions and put in champions we actually want and can use. Or do you just not want us to have them so we can't clear stuff easily and have to buy stuff?

Smooth. Real smooth Kabam.

it SHOULDN'T be easy...do you want participation trophies, too?
  • FrenchyPantsFrenchyPants Posts: 26
    Yeah it is disappointing for people with top rosters. It’s not complaining, it just sometimes kabam forgets about us (I know that sounds crazy). We need sig stones, t4 t5 basic shards, t1 alphas, t2 alphas, and five and six star shards. basically doing something extra every day to get one sig (maybe) 3 times... it just stinks because you read it and get excited, then you see the rewards and it’s disappointing. “Oh a whole new game mode, but not for you you played too long and spent too much, sorry.”
    To add if the crystals were full dupes, 20 sigs, I would have no issue at all. That becomes six star shards and 20 sigs... and is a win.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    What happens if you pull a champ that’s already sig 99?

Nothing ,this just like on 3-4* arena reward

I'm hoping they have some fail safe in place to prevent that from happening. Either a new crystal or being unable to pull an already maxed out champ. There isn't a 4* crystal where I don't have at least one maxed already.

Why would the put a fail safe in for that, kinda defeats the whole point of RNG an the whole crystal system already in place

Because it would suck to get the milestones each day and not being able to get a champ (or sig level) in return. Pulling something you've maxed out gives you literally nothing.

That’s wright if u have maxed champ u will take nothing, but if you don’t have dupe or person u will give new hero or dupe him to lvl 1 sig. Pretty good thing to collect a new 5*s

I know, but that does not seem "wright" to me.

But they are not getting "nothing". They are at best getting a new champ, but also could awaken champ that you can add stones too. Some champs only need to be Sig 1 to gain good benefits.

You won't get anything if you have the champ at max sig already. That's literally getting nothing.
    Please explain how that's okay.

you'll still get iso an gold so again you'll still not be getting "nothing"

If at point in the game where you got loads of max Sig 4* then it's not going to be **** deal not getting a max Sig crystal. An tbh there are not a huge amount of people with max Sig 5*. If you don't want to take the risk then choose a different crystal. Kabam won't change it so just gotta suck it up an accept it

I don't have to suck it up an accept it. This thread is for questions and feedback. I'm asking a question while giving my feedback ("will there be some failsafe in place" and "could there maybe be one, because not getting a sig level would feel like getting nothing") I am wording it nicely and not being disrespectful to anyone and I shouldn't get a disrespectful respons like your.

As I've explained before, there isn't a crystal without this "risk" for me so I'm asking Kabam to take the risk away.

I don't reply nasty to others when they ask for their accounts back, sold champs back, sentinal changes, champ reworks, arena feedback or anything else. The whole idea of this forum is that we can share our thoughts instead of sucking it up. And really, do you think Kabam would have changed anything after v12 or after the sentinels if we'd all sucked it up an accept it.

You must be a precious snowflake if you thought that was disrespectful. And quite frankly deluded if you are equating not getting a max sig crystal in this brand new event to the 12.0 an sentinel problems.

If you don't like that's risk choose another batch of crystals. Bottom line is you csn leave feedback but will have to suck it up an accept it as they will not change it

That's not up to you to decide. Do you know how many people said "they wan't change it so deal with it" after v12, sentinels or just a random guy asking how to get his sold champs back.

I'm not comparing the problems, I'm comparing the responses and that it's not up to you to decide what's a problem or not. Saying someone should suck it up helps no one. You could be constructive and helpful, but instead you're being disrespectful and not at all helpful.

I didn't think the sentinels where a problem. I liked them more last week then I did today. I didn't tell anyone to get over it. I didn't butt in with v12 either and let that run it's course. I didn't want them to do a roll back to a previous version and I'm glad they didn't. I didn't tell anyone to suck it up or get over it and definitely didn't say "Kabam won't change it". I can't decide what they change, as far as I know, neither can you. They reversed an accidental action on my account, when I was autobattling while sleepy and spend units. I see other say "they don't do that" on here a lot but they do.
    Wolfe wrote: »
    This quest is free to enter and costs zero energy so whatever you get you are getting for free. Apparently from what I read you can do it as many times as you want also. But hey if you don’t like the rewards you have the choice not to do it. I don’t do every MODOK’s Lab too cos sometimes I simply don’t have the time so I miss out on the shards and possibly a sig stone.

The milestones end though, they aren't unlimited. So you get a set amount of crystals, not as many as you want.
    Wolfe wrote: »
    This quest is free to enter and costs zero energy so whatever you get you are getting for free. Apparently from what I read you can do it as many times as you want also. But hey if you don’t like the rewards you have the choice not to do it. I don’t do every MODOK’s Lab too cos sometimes I simply don’t have the time so I miss out on the shards and possibly a sig stone.

The milestones end though, they aren't unlimited. So you get a set amount of crystals, not as many as you want.

Did I say I was going to decide that, no. I believe I was constructive by saying choose a different batch of you don't want the chance at pulling a max Sig.

Basic arenas don't award a full dupe an only give 1 Sig level, why are you not complaining that's unfair ? Kabam are doing some awesome an some people think it's unfair you don't get a max Sig crystal lmao.

If this is going to be a regular part of the game in the future then kabam are obviously keeping balancing in mind so people are not maxing out Sig levels very quickly. These crystals have a very small pool so if someone kept rinsing these dungeons an only opening crystals from a single pool they would have the chance to max Sig champs way quicker than intended.

I already explained there is no crystal without this issue for me. I also never asked for a max sig crystal. I'm asking for something, like a respin, 25 shards, a class specific sig stone (possibly limited to champs in these crystals) or something else. A sig crystal would definitely be okay with me, but so would 20 or 25 shards.

And the arena isn't unfair because it's 1 champ. You know if you want it or not. It's not a chance at 10 different champs, of which some will give nothing.

Arena is the same tho an only awards 1 Sig level for a dupe if it's a basic champ. Maybe we should have that changed to suit you too

Are you even reading what you're replying too?
    Let me copy paste it for you:
    And the arena isn't unfair because it's 1 champ. You know if you want it or not. It's not a chance at 10 different champs, of which some will give nothing.

And let me add this to clarify:
    I'm not going to put hours into arena when Guilly is the basic champ, I'll just focus on another arena or quest or I'll take the time to cook. I know before hand what I'll be able to get if I grind enough. However now I need to grind first, then see what I get. It might be worth it, it might not be. I'm actually okay with that. It's a crystal, you don't get to get what you want, you get what you get. However, there is not only the option to get what you want and to get a champ you didn't want, there's a third option where you get no champ at all. With the arena you either get your basic, or you get shards. You only get nothing if you didn't grind. That's fair, this is not.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    1. Will people like the collector/maestro/the nameless be in the dungeon?
    2. Can you possibly play up to a room with like 1 million rated characters?
    3. Will any of the nodes like apsect of war/chaos be present?
  • So when u choose your team u will unable to use other until cash out?
    Yeah I was excited about this yesterday when it was announced. Not so much after seeing the champs in each crystal and to find out they are basic champs and not full dupes.

I'm calling it now. I will go for gwenpool each time and will get everyone but him.
    Here I come duped Hulkbuster and DD Netflix!
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    Those crystals will have 95% chance of pulling garbage 5* champs for me

Dont you mean 99% of pulling nightmare!!! Lol
    OneManArmy wrote: »

Bro what? Free rewards. Stop complaining

I'm just saying these rewards don't do much for me, so I'll probably just check the mode out of curiosity and then leave it alone.
    If they're not going to give full dupes, maybe add something else add this currency can be spent on? I really want to have a reason to play a mode of the game, and currently I don't really have one.
  • GladiatorMatt26GladiatorMatt26 Posts: 55
    Where is Ice-Man? I don't see him as winnable in the 5* crystal...
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

That’s because he’s not in the crystal.

That's the question, why is he not?
    Ice-Man is also not in the 3* or 4* crystals... I have them so that's not a big deal.
    If they're not going to give full dupes, maybe add something else add this currency can be spent on? I really want to have a reason to play a mode of the game, and currently I don't really have one.

Completely agree, maybe they will put some good stuff for new currency. We can hope. But at upper levels the dungeons will likely be super easy anyway :)

That's the question, why is he not?

Because kabam chose for him not to be in the crystal. There are almost every other god tier in the crystals, kabam could have chose to just put one in each
    IanMoone89 wrote: »
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    Those crystals will have 95% chance of pulling garbage 5* champs for me

Dont you mean 99% of pulling nightmare!!! Lol

That video is hilarious.
  • SCZSCZ Posts: 183 ★★
    Having full dupe would be much more desirable and more worthwhile for end game players

It appears you get dust and artifacts though. Artifact for the crystals and dust to use in a store for other items. Presumably like rockets worshop or the valor store.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    Realistically, how many of those 27k 5* crystals can we expect to open during the whole event? 1? 4?
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    bdawg923 wrote: »
    Realistically, how many of those 27k 5* crystals can we expect to open during the whole event? 1? 4?

I'd be shocked if it was more than two, to be honest. If it was a full dupe, I'd have said one. With them being basics, I could see two

It would be great if you get three or four kicks at the can, though
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 475 ★★★

They said if you got all milestones, you would get 3 of the 5* crystals.
    3kxd8mcqo28w.jpeg
    Saw this on YouTube, an example of the 5* crystal. Just out of curiosity, what is the absolute max value of Dark artefacts one can obtain over the whole event, 27k seems like a lot for a crystal. What’s the max per day and max over the whole event?

Also, is there actually a max on how many of each crystal I can purchase? For example if I wanted to get star Lord really bad, would I be able to buy 2 of these crystals for 54k shards or is it only 1 available?

27k is a lot, but if you're able to hit every milestones every day, you should be able to get 3 of the 5-Star Crystals. You are able to purchase the crystal multiple times, so you could theoretically buy the same Crystal 3 times.

You did remind me of something important that I should probably call out. Notice that the Champions in the Top Prizes are blue. The crystals contain Basic Champions. Duplicating them will only give 1 Signature level, and no Shards, etc.

@bdawg923
    @ESF
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    Also, did they confirm it's LOL Ultron in there or is that a typo?
    Also, did they confirm it's LOL Ultron in there or is that a typo?

It's AOU Ultron, not the rarer one.

@Ch1efster and @BitterSteel : Thanks. I had missed that one

What an aid that will be for progression for some players, if they hit the prestige cutoff. If you grind it out, even if you're unlucky, people can still add some depth to their rosters