**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Quest Miniboss and Sentinel Refresh - April 2018 - Discussion Thread [Updated April 13]

1444546474850»

Comments

• Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    Unfortunately they don’t seem to care if aq is enjoyable. If they did sentinels wouldn’t have been introduced to aq in any form, nerfed or not. I thoroughly enjoyed playing map 6 or the 1st time yesterday instead of the boring, mundane, garbage that are sentinels. I’ve played a few mobile games over the past few years & this one takes the cake as far as being out of touch with what players want & enjoy.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    AQ has jumped the shark it seems... It is in need of a refresh...but at least adpatoids and syms you fought one that was similar to another champ.

Sentinels it is just the same thing over and over with just minor ability changes... I used to love AQ... now it just makes me sad.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Why are points down so drastically for sentinels ? They are 7-9k less than the symbis were on day 3 for us at 7.5k+ prestige we are only getting 44k and change vs. 52k for normal champs. For people who were just hitting certain milestones,this will prevent that from happening.
    Can we get a response on this ? The decrease in points from symbis to the first batch of sentinels to the current batch is huge, almost 9k per champ on day 3. We are all going to see much lower scores this week. Was this intentional or a result of the "fix" ? Day 2 and 3 should have different scores.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    Why are points down so drastically for sentinels ? They are 7-9k less than the symbis were on day 3 for us at 7.5k+ prestige we are only getting 44k and change vs. 52k for normal champs. For people who were just hitting certain milestones,this will prevent that from happening.

Essentially, by adding a boat load of powers and abilities that make Sentinels harder, and then subtracting attack and health to reduce them back to reasonable difficulty levels, Kabam created a minion that is stronger but worth fewer points. Apparently the game does not weight things like triple power bars or signature abilities in its computation of the points a node is worth, but it does significantly weight attack and health.

The point drop you mention above is consistent with the Sentinels being worth about 85% of what they used to be worth, which is actually consistent with the drop in attack that the devs claimed they would reduce the Sentinels by. It might not be quite that straight forward, but I would bet that this is ultimately the base cause of the drop.
    Looks like day 5 will have about a 20k point difference between the sentinel on path 2 and the voodoo after him. If points are maxing out on day 2 for sentinels as it appears the case is now, we are looking at several million points between 3 battlegroups over 5 days. It may not be a big thing for most of us, but to take away a milestone for some groups that was reachable with symbis but out of reach with sentinels is an undeniable nerf in rewards.

It wont affect me alliance, but I'm sure there will be lots of complaints when people realize that not only were rewards not increased with the change, they were actually decreased by losing a crystal and glory.

• Marine31_Marine31_ Posts: 61
    We are all talking about Sentinals and ignoring the fact that Green Goblin is regenerating at 1k per tick and they just offered a 500 dollar vision?
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Yeah that gg is **** as well, totally agree, Day 1 with a scarlet witch timed out and he still had 40% left, again, scarlet witch, a well chosen counter to his regen with massive damage output, on a similar level as rhino?...fail , then I got a phone call fighting the second one, had him down 20% when my phone call ended someone else was fighting him, they timed out with starky, (again one of the best options for him, one o the best damage outputs in the game) then for some reason he Had full health after the fight finished even though he was down to 35% when the timeout happened.
    Game needs some damage control
  • AnglDevlAnglDevl Posts: 1
    Sentinels are posion and bleed immune. That disrupts the motivation and balance for players like us who have ranked up their 4* 5* bleeders by investing rare resources on them just to find out that they r totally useless now... Apart from that the masteries like deep wounds is also of not of much use......

At least provide a bunch of 5* and 4* RANK DOWNS so that we can withdraw our bleeders like wolverine x-23 black panther etc

Cause these r4s chamos r no longer efficient in aq
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    Yeah that gg is **** as well, totally agree, Day 1 with a scarlet witch timed out and he still had 40% left, again, scarlet witch, a well chosen counter to his regen with massive damage output, on a similar level as rhino?...fail , then I got a phone call fighting the second one, had him down 20% when my phone call ended someone else was fighting him, they timed out with starky, (again one of the best options for him, one o the best damage outputs in the game) then for some reason he Had full health after the fight finished even though he was down to 35% when the timeout happened.
    Game needs some damage control

SW isn't an ideal choice vs Green Goblin. I love Scarlet Witch, but you'd have to be lucky enough to proc a heal block through the fight to take him down. AA, Void, Yondu, Guillotone would be my top choices (Blade too, but i don't have him)
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Have seen people use LC for him as well, using the Concussion from his L2 to stop Madness triggers. He does alright. I have also used Quake for similar results, but she will time out past Day 1 as a 4*50.
  • General_VisGeneral_Vis Posts: 138
    edited April 2018
    Doesn’t SW only proc heal block when she gets hit?
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Does nullify not stop the healing? Couple of 40k crit l2s is enough for most minibosses, but i was over 120 hits before my timeout
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    You know it’s odd and I don’t really know that I understand why but even with the reduced difficulty the ripples of the last 2 aq appear to be disolving the alliance I am in. I find this weeks map to be reasonably easy but it does not appear to matter. I guess the damage was done

There’s a couple reasons more than likely.

1) AQ was getting stale already but instead of a real refresh they chose to make it more annoying than anything with sentinels & a Morningstar you need specific champs for. (Which are extremely limited)

2) They’re still ignoring the plethora of bugs that make everything extra annoying & force some people to use units on beatable content.

3) Doing everything they can to push people to spending money by ignoring bugs, adding much more energy consumption & adding sentinels on top of that.

Our group is losing a long time member & overall good guy who loves this game because of all of the above reasons after this aq. Can’t say I blame him & I’m probably right behind him unless they prove they listen to the customers ASAP.. which we all know they don’t. Sad to say but his sorry company has ruined a game that so many enjoyed for a long time.

Just for a reference this is my profile, so even though I haven’t played for a long time, I’m obviously active & enjoy difficult (not the annoying/buggy content which has become MCOC). Congrats on completely destroying a game that has so much potential kabam/netmarble. qtutwcmku7ye.png
    44,444. Why are we seeing this number every day on sentinels now ?
  • KillakerryKillakerry Posts: 15
    Doesn't seem like sentinels changed at all, except they don't get a third bar (sp3). They are still getting sp2 backed by a sp1. All you have done is lost a lot of good players. My alliance has lost 5 players since the new aq started. They just quit the game.
  • teekqteekq Posts: 190
    No matter what they say sentinel still a lot stronger than symbiot. Sp1 long range sp2 also long rang. Bleed immune and poison immune that alone pass the symbiot on difficulties
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    I don't think they are difficult but they are so boring. Very defensive ai so they are standing around blocking most of the time. I also hate they all have the same moveset so it seems like all I do now is fight the same guy over and over it makes it repetitive and makes me lose interest. As an added bonus to the added boredom you don't get as many points for beating them as you used to and I feel sorry for the alliances that are on the cusp of milestones losing out on glory and crystals for this. All and all it was a change no one wanted for possible less rewards doing boring fights. I would like it to be a random champ from the pool there. Ie if it is a cosmic sentinel location every day you can fight any randomly chosen cosmic champ. Same goes for every class.
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    Ok but where are the Deadpool mini bosses at? Lol @Kabam Miike my alliance hasn’t seen one in at least a month lol😂
  • Marine31_Marine31_ Posts: 61
    I guess Nightcrawler was too easy since we have only seen him once and you keep giving us mini bosses that either bleed you or regen...ie we've only seen nightcrawler once and he was easy