**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam’s Refusal to Sell 5* Awakening Gems...

PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
...guaranteed that I could never consider the Vision offer. Take the price out of the equation, affordability is relative to what you earn, but if I had purchased this I would have gained a rank 3 unawakened Vision. Worth it?

To date, Kabam have never sold a “pick the class” or generic awakening gem. I’ve completed all end-game content, I’ve used both generics, and RNG has provided me with 2 cosmics, 2 science and 1 skill.

How do I awaken new champs without insane luck? Unawakened champs won’t cut it at my level, or at the level of people willing to shell out £500 on a champ.

Comments

• PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    At least they sell some gems ... which is something that shouldn't be happening in my opinion.
    You can always get a generic gem in act 5 or the labyrinth ifyou really want them

Didn’t read my post, did you? I’ve completed ALL content, all of it, 100%.
  • EazypickinsEazypickins Posts: 18
    I've been longing for the day they sell a 'pick your class' 5* awakening gem, in the same manner as they have with the 3 and 4* ones (pick one, the offer goes away). With so many 5* available now with the crystal, the odds of getting a dupe you want is very slim. Since WE are the customers, how about offering this deal for the customers who are willing to pay for it? Makes perfect business sense, since I'm pretty sure they will sell a lot of them. With 6* in the game now and some have already duped their 6*s, coupled with the fact that 4*s aren't as useful as they once were... why not Kabam, why not? Find a price point that will sell these, based on previous offers, I'd say $99 would do it.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    they are selling a 5* og vision for 500 USD or 600/700 plus CND so how much you think theyd sell us a 5* ag?

i wish they actually reached out and consult with ppl, like the mcoc youtubers or content creators, that play the game to make them create better deals for us
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 300 ★★
    You figure 500 for vision is cheap. Most those guys spend 5x that on feature GMC and never get a 5* so in reality this is a good deal for what it is. Plus in the future content will change and gems will be more available like the ones they give out in this challenges. It will move from 4* to 5*
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    ThatGuy214 wrote: »
    You figure 500 for vision is cheap. Most those guys spend 5x that on feature GMC and never get a 5* so in reality this is a good deal for what it is. Plus in the future content will change and gems will be more available like the ones they give out in this challenges. It will move from 4* to 5*

then when 7*s come in 5*s will be gone then like the meta now
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    It took a long time after 5* we’re introduced before a pick your class 4* gem was released. Probably at least a year if not longer. You have no patience. If you have done all content then who did you use 2 generics on? I also guess you never received a tech gem from anything like me. You have used awakening gems the could have gone to vision but you used them on other champs. Some of us have done all content and could awaken the 5* vision. I used my second generic on my vision. I was saving it for my next 5/65 champ and I bought the perfect champ for it.
  • helloguyshelloguys Posts: 90
    At least they sell some gems ... which is something that shouldn't be happening in my opinion.
    You can always get a generic gem in act 5 or the labyrinth ifyou really want them

Do you even bother reading what OP has said? You comment without even knowing what the hell is going on.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    You do know it's part of a bigger strategy. It's something you crave to have so they wait and wait...

Then boom... For $400 you can have that awakening 5* gem and since you have been craving it such a long time, you know you'll buy it..

It's as easy as that....
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    It took a long time after 5* we’re introduced before a pick your class 4* gem was released. Probably at least a year if not longer. You have no patience. If you have done all content then who did you use 2 generics on? I also guess you never received a tech gem from anything like me. You have used awakening gems the could have gone to vision but you used them on other champs. Some of us have done all content and could awaken the 5* vision. I used my second generic on my vision. I was saving it for my next 5/65 champ and I bought the perfect champ for it.

Well I’ve used them and I don’t regret those choices, but the point is that they’re selling half a champ for top money and limiting their market to a small sub-section of customers who can awaken him.

If they’d already set the precedent that they sell class specific awakening gems, as they have with 4*s periodically, it might be different, but the thought of being stuck with a £500 unawakened Vision for an indefinite period of time is untenable for me and many others, I expect.

I think they’ve missed a trick here, just my opinion, and I’m genuinely happy for you that you were able to awaken him.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    helloguys wrote: »

Do you even bother reading what OP has said? You comment without even knowing what the hell is going on.

I read it. The problem here is the OP that already used the gem's, instead of keep them for something else he wanted to.
    So there is no lack of opportunities here.

I read it. The problem here is the OP that already used the gem's, instead of keep them for something else he wanted to.

LOL. Gems are meant to be used, not saved. I've completed all end game content, and I have no gems too. The game is progressing really fast, of course we will demand gems. It's really difficult to dupe a 5* in the basic pool because there are more than 100+ champs in there. OP has made a suggestion here, for kabam to sell gems in the future. What's your problem? You aren't kabam, so your opinion is irrelevant.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

LOL. Gems are meant to be used, not saved. I've completed all end game content, and I have no gems too. The game is progressing really fast, of course we will demand gems. It's really difficult to dupe a 5* in the basic pool because there are more than 100+ champs in there. OP has made a suggestion here, for kabam to sell gems in the future. What's your problem? You aren't kabam, so your opinion is irrelevant.

I'm a player of this game, and just like any player, I have my opinion. And in this case, is clearly against yours.
    I already explained that there is no lack of opportunities here, just a decision that someone did that could had been decided better.
    Any player can get 2x 5-star generic awakening gems in this game. Is their decision on who to use them, and demanding more gems just because someone want them is not a fair argument.

I'm a player of this game, and just like any player, I have my opinion. And in this case, is clearly against yours.
    I already explained that there is no lack of opportunities here, just a decision that someone did that could had been decided better.
    Any player can get 2x 5-star generic awakening gems in this game. Is their decision on who to use them, and demanding more gems just because someone want them is not a fair argument.

Your opinion is against OP, because you don't want awakening gems getting sold & seriously? You only want to make awakening gems available from 2 areas of the game (Act 5, LOL) You don't want them available in the future? That's just sad.
    edited April 2018
    I like the fact people who can’t awaken him not buying him. Makes him that more exclusive. I do think Kabam will be doing apick your class 5* deal but I don’t think that will happen until 6* shards are more available
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★

Your opinion is against OP, because you don't want awakening gems getting sold & seriously? You only want to make awakening gems available from 2 areas of the game (Act 5, LOL) You don't want them available in the future? That's just sad.

I want them more available, but currently people only want to buy them instead of playing for them.
    I want them available equally for all player's and not just for pay2win people. Obviously people that pay for stuff should get an advantage over the other players (advantage = getting the items they bought).I just think that 5-star AG shouldn't be one of those items

Valid point.

I have to admit I am pretty picky when it comes to who I use an 5* awakening gem on, and am sitting on some right now. I have 1 or 2 champs in each class that I would use them on if I got one of those champs....but if I do not get those champs I save my gems. (I have had bad luck on the 5* crystals...so I even have a gem still from the 12.0 debacle)
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Amazing how some have completely missed the point of the OP's post or didn't read it altogether. Some folks just want to yack when they should read. Anyhow, there are more and more characters being added monthly to the contest and only having two sources for AG is pretty outdated for End Gamers. Very valid argument.
    @Kennado then wouldn’t the logical solution be to ask for more difficult content with those kind of rewards that act 5 and LOL have instead of asking for offers?
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    @Kennado then wouldn’t the logical solution be to ask for more difficult content with those kind of rewards that act 5 and LOL have instead of asking for offers?

I, along with several others, have asked for new challenges such as this month's Bosman/Holland challenge to have those type of rewards in the past. Yet here we are aren't we?

• Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Bottom line, I would buy a 5* AG. Offer it, you get my money, don't - and I'll spend it elsewhere.
  • OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    If anybody from Kabam read this post i would like them to consider that many people have a lot champions as 5 star and the awaken chances are really hard so why not listen to the Community and sell us the 5 star awaken gem . i purchase one offer in the past and it was a Crystal and i pull a science gem wich i did not need it cause i already had 1 science from 12.0 rewards those are in use already to spider man and hulk ragnarok but i dont want to write a book here the point is that i keep pulling new champs from 5 star crystals champs that are useless and the one champion i want to be awaken it never happen , SO WHY NOT SELL US A GEM IS NOT A GIFT WE ARE GOING TO BUY IT

Sure, of course I’ll take a free AG, but the fact is they’re not being made available in challenges. Act 6 is likely the only possibility going forward.

And since they sell everything else, I don’t see why they’re holding back on these anymore. They’re not game breaking whatsoever.

Also, my point was that the Vision offer would have had far broader appeal had a means of awakening been available. Good for you maybe, if exclusivity is important to you, but I doubt Kabam wanted to restrict the sale of this champ.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Actually, all evidence points to the fact that they wanted to restrict it. It's a Limited-Time Offer. That's the first sign. The second is the requirement to unlock it. The third is the price. It's a Limited Offer. The target isn't likely everyone. As for the Gem, it's possible that some are sitting on one unused. It's also possible some rolled one from the Rifts. Personally, I wouldn't have any issue buying it if I was interested and sitting on the Units. The Champ doesn't come around often enough not to get him and Awaken him later. Not every Offer will include everything you need in it.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Here's a thought - offer an additional 5* awakening gem deal to players who have explored Act 5 and Labyrinth of Legends (additional because come July we'll probably get the same random 5* class awakening gem offer we got last year). Deals that are only available to certain types of players are offered multiple times a year, why should "exclusive" deals not be available to end-game players?

The current 5* basic crystal has over 100 champions. As forum moderators have explained before, basic crystals have an equal chance to pull all available champions. That means our chances of duplicating a 5* champion is less than 1%. @Palanthrax said it earlier, 5* awakening gems are no longer close to game breaking, that goes for both class and generic gems.

The 5* basic crystal pool has more than tripled in size since last July and the 5* featured crystal was changed for the worst. I get making certain in-game resources scarce as a means of cashing in when certain deals are offered. That being said players reach a point where extended frustration leads to resentment and quitting the game, big time spenders can only make up for so much lost profit with purchasing FGMCs and refreshing arena champions.
    Here's a thought - offer an additional 5* awakening gem deal to players who have explored Act 5 and Labyrinth of Legends (additional because come July we'll probably get the same random 5* class awakening gem offer we got last year). Deals that are only available to certain types of players are offered multiple times a year, why should "exclusive" deals not be available to end-game players?

The current 5* basic crystal has over 100 champions. As forum moderators have explained before, basic crystals have an equal chance to pull all available champions. That means our chances of duplicating a 5* champion is less than 1%. @Palanthrax said it earlier, 5* awakening gems are no longer close to game breaking, that goes for both class and generic gems.

The 5* basic crystal pool has more than tripled in size since last July and the 5* featured crystal was changed for the worst. I get making certain in-game resources scarce as a means of cashing in when certain deals are offered. That being said players reach a point where extended frustration leads to resentment and quitting the game, big time spenders can only make up for so much lost profit with purchasing FGMCs and refreshing arena champions.

Couldn’t agree more. Extend end-game offers to true end-game players.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    No ty, they sell enough of an advantage to players that helps widen the gap between f2p and p2w. If they go too far f2p will either be too far behind or feel they are too far behind and neither are good for longevity or keeping the top stable with players who can fill in due to attrition.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    No ty, they sell enough of an advantage to players that helps widen the gap between f2p and p2w. If they go too far f2p will either be too far behind or feel they are too far behind and neither are good for longevity or keeping the top stable with players who can fill in due to attrition.

"We are the 1%." Lol
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

I didn't say anything about selling 5* awakening gems, deals include unit offers. Look how well Brian Grant has done without spending a penny.