**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Android frame rate and fluidity

Hi there

I've been noticing this for a while most of the time my game runs ok on my phone. However, sometimes (fairly rarely) it runs amazingly smooth and fast. It usually does so after I've been to the mcoc app then gone to another app then return to mcoc without closing it and it feels like everything is running at twice the frame rate in-fight and even in the quest selection menu, it's bizarre - runs as smoothly as a PS4 game.

If it could run that smooth all the time it'd be amazing although I appreciate it's difficult to replicate.

Any other Android users experiencing this?

I'm running the game on a One Plus 5, android Oreo.

Thanks,
Miggy

Comments

• ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 460 ★★★
    I have fluid game play since the update I no longer need to use my iPhone for my arena grind everything is better time to request help for arena champs the transition into fights is quicker the loading times I'm having a great time playing the game again I use the pixel on Android 8.1 Oreo so far so good I don't need to switch to my iPhone for arena anymore 👍
  • MiggyMiggy Posts: 37
    edited March 2018
    Exactly what garus has described, it's like chalk and cheese. It's not like the non fluid version is terrible, but when you experience the super smooth version you can really tell the difference
    I tried to record it once but the problem is when I went off the app to start recording it was no longer the super smooth version
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    That's my experience as well.

Usually runs 20-30FPS then once in a while hits 60FPS and runs very smooth. The problem is, when this happens my controls become worse than what they usually are. Whiffed hits, champs rooted to the ground, etc..

Pre-12.0 this game ran 60FPs for a lot of the time (unless I was recording in which case I'd experience a few skipped frames but that was related to the recording itself and not the game). And my controls were generally great back then even with 60FPS.
    Something to add that might help troubleshooting, it seems like the camera at the start of the fight (i.e. before you can hit the opponent) zooms in differently, i feel like just before you can hit it zooms in from above (not sure if actually different or just frame rate that makes it feel miles different). I wonder if this is 2 different rates which you run the game either at peak times or for what the game determines is a worse phone? Although that's weird because op5 is nearly flagship from last year.
    ovnxh60q81md.png
    YES - FINALLY CRACKED HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT!

These are definitely different experiences as demonstrated by a rough diagram above this is the difference between the fight start screen between non-fluid and fluid!

Why are you serving me different experiences on the same device under very similar network connections? can i just have the fluid one please?
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Exact same thing happens to me on the Pixel 2 XL. I rarely get the super smooth version, and yes, it usually occurs when I switch back to the app and. or when I switch from wi-fi to LTE. Also, my phone tends to heat up during this time, but this could be due to the either the increased network usage, or due to the increased frame rate.

I do love the smoother game play, but switching back and forth doesn't seem to affect my game play at all, so I'm fine either way.
    @NiteAndDae I would even go as so far as saying that j play worse with the fluid version haha but that's mainly due to response times not being used to it. Agreed as I mentioned the game still runs ok in non fluid, but the fluid version is stunning
  • silverseraphsilverseraph Posts: 133
    Is there any way to stabilize this and allow for people to choose one or the other in options someday? i do notice this for sure.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    It happens with my Note 4 as well, it runs SO smoothly I get satisfied
    That's not a bad shout at all @silverseraph give people the choice so if your phone can't handle you can choose to downgrade to non-HD. This is pretty standard in pc games, you can pick low, medium or high res etc, so would be ace to have that choice!
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Sometimes when I start a fight the screen zooms in and my characters appear larger than usual and the frame rate appears much faster and smoother. But when this happens my timing is thrown completely off because of how it runs at other times.

Android 8.0, Galaxy S7
  • silverseraphsilverseraph Posts: 133
    Miggy wrote: »
    That's not a bad shout at all @silverseraph give people the choice so if your phone can't handle you can choose to downgrade to non-HD. This is pretty standard in pc games, you can pick low, medium or high res etc, so would be ace to have that choice!

i mean to me it almost looks like console graphics at times and that gets me more excited- in a video game kinda way!
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Garus wrote: »
    Miggy wrote: »
    ovnxh60q81md.png
    YES - FINALLY CRACKED HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT!

These are definitely different experiences as demonstrated by a rough diagram above this is the difference between the fight start screen between non-fluid and fluid!

Why are you serving me different experiences on the same device under very similar network connections? can i just have the fluid one please?

Perhaps I'm stupid but I have no freaking idea what your diagram is supouse to say and what's the troubleshooting you mentioned.

+1 Have no clue either what that diagram is
    @Garus @The_Unknown So that's the initial fight screen, when you're not able to hit the opponent and it's the 2 champions running towards each other.

One version is a straight downwards motion of the camera (non fluid version)

The other version is much more curved in the camera angle going downwards then finishing with a small upwards motion

Trying to find examples on youtube but can't find anyone.
    @Garus I am being served 2 versions of the game with the same device & network connection, one which is high definition another which is medium definition. High definition is more fluid and possibly has better graphics. When i say I cracked I mean I have found proof that there are 2 different versions (due to a difference of initial fight screen zoom in demonstrated in diagram) which should help kabam identify the issue and hopefully rectify by always allowing me to be served the high definition version
  • Dark7SaviorDark7Savior Posts: 4
    edited April 2018
    @Kabam Miike is there a solution. I have galaxy s9+. Brand new. It jumps back and forth from 20-30fps up to 60 when switching frim line to mcoc. I can understand lower model phones needing to run low fps. But my phone? No. 60fps should be the normal UNLESS changed in settings. Why would it even change AT ALL from switching apps. ALL possible backround apps and data are off and/or put to sleep, this means 4 gigs of my RAM is free and dedicated to mcoc. im asking kabaam for a SOLUTION to this issue. I think i speak for everyone with a good phone thats experienceing these issues. Kabaam, please fix this problem. I purchased this phone with the hopes of increased gameplay performances. Just to find out something on kabaams end is LIMITING our PFS's. If it changes just from switching apps, it should be a simple fix. Yet kabaam wont adress it. I have to agree with miggy. Why are you serving us two versions of the game.... We ALL look forward to a swift responce and repair time. Thank you