**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Google Play Deal

battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
Has anyone actually done this yet? How do you actually obtain it... does something pop up when you add the google play card? Is it limited?

https://playcontestofchampions.com/google-play-gift-card/

EXCLUSIVE GOOGLE PLAY GIFT CARD OFFER
We’ve teamed up with Google Play to help you build up your ultimate team of Champions! From April 1 through to August 31, 2018, you’ll receive special Crystals and energy refills when you purchase a Google Play Gift Card at select retailers!

Here’s what you’ll get to help boost your roster:

Gift Cards Denomination Tier 1
2x 2-Star Infinity War Crystals – each Crystal grants a 2-Star Infinity War Champion*
5x Energy Refills
Gift Cards Denomination Tier 2
2x 3-Star Infinity War Crystals – each Crystal grants a 3-Star Infinity War Champion*
5x Energy Refills
Gift Cards Denomination Tier 3
2x Ultimate Infinity War Crystals – each Crystal grants a 3-Star Infinity War Champions* with a chance at a 4-Star Infinity War Champion
5x Energy Refills
*Infinity War Champions in the above crystals include: Thor (Ragnarok), Nebula, Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), Black Widow, Star-Lord, Loki, Scarlet Witch, Drax, Gamora, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Captain America, Groot, Hawkeye, Vision (Age of Ultron), Rocket Raccoon, Winter Soldier, Black Panther (Civil War), Ant-Man, Hulk, Falcon or War Machine.

Comments

• KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    You redeem the card then go to your play store account and click rewards to claim. It works.
  • justin0223justin0223 Posts: 5
    I was wondering as well, I bought a Google Play card for this offer.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    justin0223 wrote: »
    I was wondering as well, I bought a Google Play card for this offer.

Did you buy it from the specifically listed retailer?
    Yes, a Circle K convenience store
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    You redeem the card then go to your play store account and click rewards to claim. It works.

I went and looked into the rewards, and it said there was no unused rewards.
  • cytwbccytwbc Posts: 93

sorry to bare bad news, but the Circle K promo doesnt start until May 1
    cytwbc wrote: »

sorry to bare bad news, but the Circle K promo doesnt start until May 1

Well dang, at least that answers my question. Thank you!
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I've done it and claimed 3 or 4 this month
  • Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429
    Is there a limit
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Formerly known as Macs. :)
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Is this only for US Players?
    Is this only for US Players?

Shouldn't be. I'm Canadian and I got the Notification. Circle K is here as well. I would imagine there are other outlets for Gift Cards in other countries as well.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    I’m In UK got the notification and have no offers
    I’m In UK got the notification and have no offers

You have to purchase Google Play Gift Cards from retailers, and the Bonus comes after you redeem them.
  • TheDude1973TheDude1973 Posts: 49
    It unquestionably works. After redeeming the gift card, you will find a pop-up showing that you have earned a bonus reward.
    You don't need to use it immediately, and you can find the reward under the reward section in the play store, found as a subsection within the My account section.
    Hopefully people will find this helpful and easy to understand.
  • RustoriRustori Posts: 1
    The UK offer seems to have expired. Says the dates are from 1 Apr to 15 April, yet only got the announcement today. Huh?
  • RHCP725RHCP725 Posts: 24
    Is there a list of participating retailers out there? I am interested in the offer but don't want to purchase them from the wrong place.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    They say there is a limit of 3, but ive gotten it 5 times so far. 2 of the 2*, 2 of the 3* and 1 ultimate, so I'm thinking the limit is 3 of each tier. Also ive bought them at random places, one was a circle k this last Sunday. Today i got the ultimate from a Hannafords supermarket.
  • ElderOfAncientsElderOfAncients Posts: 23
    I just bought a $25 play card from a Kroger. Redeemed it in Google Play no issue, and it said that a reward was available. You go into your Play app, select the menu and hit Accounts, then hit Rewards, and it should show up there.

My problem is, when I go to claim it they want to charge my Google Play wallet $22! I was pretty sure this was supposed to be a reward for buying the card, not a bait-and-switch to get me to spend more money. And $22 is over-priced for what it gives. 5 energy refills is 180 units normally so around $5. Which leaves $17 for 2 3star crystals, at $8.50 each. 3stars are useless to me. Probably going to need to contact Google and/or Kabam support on this.
  • RobdustRobdust Posts: 3
    It says "Nationwide from 4/1/2018 - 6/30/2018"
    Does that mean you can purchase any place? Does it include buying an online one, from Wal-Mart or Amazon?
    Thanks
  • Lots85Lots85 Posts: 4
    I have bought one in Australia today and have nothing in my rewards section. A list would have been helpful of participating outlets
  • BrouskiBrouski Posts: 3
    Lots85 wrote: »
    I have bought one in Australia today and have nothing in my rewards section. A list would have been helpful of participating outlets

There's a list in the announcement.

https://playcontestofchampions.com/google-play-gift-card/
  • ElderOfAncientsElderOfAncients Posts: 23
    I checked my game later and saw I suddenly had the Sentinel crystal and 5 energy refills that are part of the Tier 2 offer you get for buying a $25 gift card. But I never actually claimed the gift, since it wanted to charge me $22!

I'd sent a support request in about it, so not sure if that was there response or what. But it looks hit-or-miss if it works, I think it'll depend on the retailer too. I bought mine from a MCOC dedicated display at a Kroger. But the card itself was an ordinary Google Play card, so I'm not sure if they're basing it on the cards code, or just linking the cards activation site (Kroger, Circle-K, 7-11).

Certainly seems to be guaranteed to cause a lot of complaints though.
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Are the gift cards specially marked or does any google play card from those retailers work?
  • Hi Osfan8,

If you want to take advantage of this offer, please ensure that they are purchased at one of the participating locations.
  • Kverma2109Kverma2109 Posts: 1
    I am in UK and got message on 20th April.. Cmon kabam, you can do better by providing offers in time and not after they are already expired.
  • I have tried to get a list of the approved retailers to purchase from but I can't pull it off the post from Kabam announcing offer. Is it just any place that sells them in US?
  • edited April 2018
    Hi ParagonKnight_1346,

I have included the listed for North America.

6iz4rmu3sj2f.jpg
  • TheDude1973TheDude1973 Posts: 49
    Kabam Ahab wrote: »
    Hi ParagonKnight_1346,

6iz4rmu3sj2f.jpg

So does this mean everywhere in the US?
    Does this include Amazon and buying a card sent via email?
    Why does this suddenly become more confusing?
    Help straighten me out, please.
  • Aaslt175Aaslt175 Posts: 2
    Kabam Ahab wrote: »
    Hi ParagonKnight_1346,

6iz4rmu3sj2f.jpg

So does this mean everywhere in the US?
    Does this include Amazon and buying a card sent via email?
    Why does this suddenly become more confusing?
    Help straighten me out, please.

I'm wondering the same thing. Can you purchase the gift cards online thru one of the third party vendors, such as Kroger, get the emailed gift card code and get the rewards?