**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Just wondering. Will new season of Alliance Wars address piloting

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
Haven't heard from this for a while, but I'm wondering if Kabam will put anything in to prevent all the top alliances piloting.

Comments

• RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    No
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Probably not. 😂
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Great. Can't wait. Same old thing with Alliance Wars. Same long season. Same disappointments. Same pilots.

Looking forward...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Haven't heard from this for a while, but I'm wondering if Kabam will put anything in to prevent all the top alliances piloting.

How would you prove it?
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    should they stop it? of course!

can they stop it? probably not
  • Unique device id's are better than ip/location information. The piloting alliances that come here to defend themselves just try to work you into ip/location answers so they can bury your argument.

And saying it doesn't damage anything is beyond asinine. Would love to see what rank those cheaters would get without the benefit of constantly shared accounts. And when they drop, it would allow others to rise. Fact of the matter is they couldn't do half of what they've done without account sharing and pilots. Sucks to need to cheat to get where they are. Maybe they should git gud *shrug*
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Polots could also use a vpn. That gets rid of the whole ip address argument
  • Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Polots could also use a vpn. That gets rid of the whole ip address argument

Hence the need to use of unique device hardware id's. And tbh, those can be spoofed but it's not a super easy way to go. Kabam rly just needs to drop their own proprietary ID file during install/updates. Hell, they may already do that for all we know. But it'd make the check a very easy thing.
  • @chunkyb device IDs would help, but if they run the account only during AW, then there should be a reoccurring IP that hits multiple accounts, and then the real owner's IP when they play outside AW. This should be fairly easy to address without device IDs. Many people have multiple devices so that can be written off with a location IP being identical if they use WiFi. A router has a base IP address shared by all devices connected to it. So 2 devices with the same IP is fine. 10 accounts with the same IP during AW, and not after, should be a dead giveaway IMO.
  • Also yes, this is something that needs to be nipped in the butt soon. Earning rewards together is the mission of an Alliance. Not letting 1 player pilot 30 accounts to dominate for rewards. It's sad that this is something that need be discussed. Really sad.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Find a reliable source on how to check player activity before saying things like 'VPN". It's not difficult to identify piloting/account sharing.
  • Good points @SiriusBreak... I think the main point is it's nowhere near as difficult or impossible as people try to say it is. And the methods used as protection by pilots and mercs don't really change that much. The only real question is the one posed by the op... Is kabam going to actually so something? Or will we get more generic statements with no follow-up?
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    They could, but they won't. They make enough money from people buying boosts and potions
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Is it possible, of course, but would involve a lot more logging and checking than they are currently doing. Right now they only dig into logs for major things, and I'm guessing it s mostly a manual process. Therefore it would cost them a lot to just pull and check logs unless they develop internal tools to help. I don't see them dedicating resources to this, when they could be spent on other aspects of the game. I'm guessing piloting is here to stay for the foreseeable future.
    It’s unfortunate that there aren’t live AWs at EVO, it would be great to see all 30 players in top tier alliances showcase their skills
  • Drillh3adDrillh3ad Posts: 36
    Lol...that’s hilarious. Most “top” alliances have a couple house accounts. Piloting will never go away. Too much money made from it by mercs and Kabam.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    I play on several devices, from several locations. The WiFi proxy at work would show me in the wrong state on my break while I’d be across the country an hour later at lunch. On any of 2-3 devices.

They could certainly log it and look for patterns, but that would take time and money, neither of which Kabam wants to put into the game.
    JRock808 wrote: »
    I play on several devices, from several locations. The WiFi proxy at work would show me in the wrong state on my break while I’d be across the country an hour later at lunch. On any of 2-3 devices.

They could certainly log it and look for patterns, but that would take time and money, neither of which Kabam wants to put into the game.

sgk2pc9ylhbs.png

$160,461 X 365 = $58.5+ million a year

Better to allocate that revenue on managing reliable servers, hiring employees to fix bugged gameplay, and establishing procedures to identify/remove/prevent players who hack/mod/run scripts.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Piloting falls under Account Sharing. While I agree that it's a problem, and personally I have no time for cheating, I'm just not entirely sure what could be done to address it that isn't being done at the moment. They may have room for improvement, sure. I'm just not sure they can deal with all Account Sharing by the time Season 2 starts. It's a much larger problem than just War Rewards.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Maybe I should work for Kabam because they should have thought about this.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Except people have multiple Accounts and multiple devices.
    Top alliances almost never have members who run multiple main accounts, saying people have multiple accounts and multiple devices is almost entirely non-applicable to contexts where piloting is a significant issue (tier 1-3 AW)
This discussion has been closed.