**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What else can Rogue do?

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
Rogue is an interesting character, and I'm wondering about ranking her up, so thought I should do some research. It's pretty clear she's a decent champ (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/365647#Comment_365647). Current score: 88% 'Good', 10% 'Okay', 2% 'bad' from 129 votes.

Then I fought her with Hyperion in the arena this morning, which was interesting: I slipped up and let her touch me during her S1, so she briefly stole my power gain buff. Then I hit her with my S3, fought a bit more and won the match. However: Hyperion didn't convert any more cosmic counters to Power Gain buffs for the rest of the match, despite being at low power levels.

I presume this is a non-bug upset in the game mechanics, like Mephisto blocking Ice Armour at the beginning of the match so it never reforms after Soul Imprisonment is over; and I'm fine with it - happens rarely, and the Cosmic counters still boost your damage and resilience. On the other hand it's an interesting way of countering his power gain - anyone want to try this against Nameless Hyperion? Also, it reminded me about a thread discussing Rogue countering Spiked Armour - https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/58682/rogue-counters-spiked-armor#latest

As @taojay1 explains, if Rogue uses her sp1 when the opponent has the physical resistance buff from spiked armour, she steals all the stacks of physical resistance; but also while she holds the buff, spiked armour will not reflect damage back to Rogue.

A thread about Rogue here (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/299585#Comment_299585) has a few interesting pointers:
- Rogue does great on Power Shield nodes - presumably she gets the 400% boost to her Life Steal as well?
- @silverseraph made a suggestion that if she has stolen Fury effects, they'll boost the life steal as well - correct?
- @taojay1 again here, mentions Rogue working well against Flare as well as Buffet nodes - when she steals a buff, Buffet converts it to regeneration; but she steals that too.

On the other hand buffs don't always seem to function quite as they do for the original owner - in this thread (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/376730#Comment_376730), it seems that whilst Rogue can steal Iceman's Ice Armour, she only gets the armour itself and not the 5% damage shrug.

There are some Youtube videos, such as Gran Scheme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbQ4Nh4MD-g&t=2s or Seatin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXTmBDHsNUU that are interesting; but nothing much more than described above. So, I thought it would be interesting to generate a thread asking the community for ways others might not have realised to use this versatile mutant, and sharing the results of my own research. Share below, if you've got any further thoughts about what she can do, and how she works. Thanks!

Comments

• Apex1212Apex1212 Posts: 185
    First off her sp1 is a life steal and sp2 is her power steal she is my top champ have her awakened at 35 sig. She can also replicate opponent buffs.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Thanks for mentioning me haha. You pretty much covered a lot of her best uses. Any node that boosts ur damage (flare, power shield, etc.) will also boost her life steal insanely. Since her life steal is energy damage, it will also bypass safeguard, glancing (I believe), plot armor, and blocking. As you stated, rogue is a great counter to hyperion (can steal his power gain, or control power with sp2), and iceman (if you can hold onto the armor until iceman's timer reset's loses ice armor completely unless he uses sp3). This mechanic could be used against rol wolvie (steal the regen and hold onto it will prevent him from gaining more) and works really well on rol bb (steal all the fury/cruelty for awesome damage). Some downsides are that she can only replicate 5 buffs at a time (but can stack more buffs with each sp1), and the buffs vary in potency (stealing different kinds of fury will result in different attack increase, but stealing regen/power gain buffs will always produce a weaker version). Lastly, it's worth mentioning that rogue on power reserve can spam multiple sp2s, especially if ur lucky with critical steals. :)
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    shes definitely worth a ranking up. vertsatile in everything she does

can life steal on her s1, shrugs all debuffs off 70 percent faster, can prevent the enemy from using their own buff when she uses her s1 or s3, her s2 does power steal and massive damage and her s3 does insane damage too and also steals their buff if active during the time she launches her s3 so all in all she is a very good champ and always worth ranking up.

NOTE when duped shes an absolute beast. all her sp's have a higher chance of crit'ing doing even more damage and life steal and power steal!
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    i have her as my top champ too (my profile forum pic is also her lol) and i think she's great cuz she just can steal mostly any buffs, good regen (with apropriate mastery), great power control, "almost" immunity, sp2 damage is insane...

No regrets after ranking her up before Voodoo unduped..
  • GSTAR21GSTAR21 Posts: 168
    Rogue is an absolute beast, so much utility. She smashes AQ, AW and deals with the majority of annoyances in Act 5 and monthly events with her power control, partial debuff immunity and life steal. I'm sure your research and everyone else's comments were enough to convince you but I for one definitely recommend ranking her up
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    When she steals buffs, the opponent can't trigger those buffs as long as she has them
    In hyperions case he couldn't trigger power gain but instead he got the cosmic charges
    If you lose the power gain Hyperion will start to trigger power gain buffs normally
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Is she good for a rank up unduped. I'm in a great dilemma. I have 3 t4cc mutant. Options for upgrade are 4 star r4 duped AA and 5 star unduped R2 rogue. Please help with reasons what would be better option. I already have 4 star maxed out ice man. This would be my 2nd mutant worthy upgrade. My other significant champs are 4 star maxed out Hyperion, sparky, quake, ice man and 5 star r4 unduped GR, 5 star r3 Angela unduped.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    I hope OP doesn't mind me asking for advice here instead of making a new thread. Appreciate the comments
  • Reaper213Reaper213 Posts: 167
    She’s so op if she was a vegan she’d toss your salad
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    People normally rank her cuz of her life steal
    Its efficient in AQ
    Archangel is also a good choice but then again 5* are the future
    Besides AA has counters like bleed immune nodes or debuff immune nodes but rogue doesn't (just heal block ) and she shrugs off debuffs faster than normal really useful when kabam decides to throw us another ice Phoenix
    @Anurag1606
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    When she steals buffs, the opponent can't trigger those buffs as long as she has them
    In hyperions case he couldn't trigger power gain but instead he got the cosmic charges
    If you lose the power gain Hyperion will start to trigger power gain buffs normally

He should have; but actually that was my point: he didn't.
    Anurag1606 wrote: »
    I hope OP doesn't mind me asking for advice here instead of making a new thread. Appreciate the comments

Go for it. I've also got her, Nightcrawler, Storm and Iceman at 3/30; and AA at 4/40; and I'm wondering who is going to be most helpful in 5.2; although that wasn't the original aim of the thread.

Rogue - utility, reasonable damage
    Nightcrawler Duped - evade + decent damage
    Storm Duped - awesome damage with specials
    Iceman Duped - immunity to almost everything, but low damage
    AA - awesome DoT but dependent on bleed/poison.

Decisions, decisions...
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Rogue sucks!
    I mean seriously, she sucks, literally and figuratively!
    Her life sucking and power sucking ability, and crit if dupped, is making her demi-God tier, and everyone already knows about how awesome she sucks!
    I have her as 5* but undupped, so currently at R2/35. Once dupped I will certainly bring her to R3/45, but may not rush her into R4 since resources are precious.
  • RedBaron99RedBaron99 Posts: 45
    At the moment I'd say Rogue is pretty well balanced; her base damage isn't spectacular and she is pretty squishy, however her utility is, on balance, virtually unparalleled.

Simply put, if you play well with her she'll be your go to for almost everything (even doing poison and bleed nodes pretty well), however if you slip up it's going to really hurt.

@Magrailothos - even un-duped I would take a 5* to 3/45 over a 4* AA.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Pretty sure shes not shrugging off Incinerate debuffs like she shrugs off other debuffs.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    I highly recommend Rogue. She cleared so much content for me as a 5/50 that I had no reservations about taking my 5* up to 4/55 (and that was unduped).
  • Ruben101Ruben101 Posts: 49
    While rogue is replicating the opponent cannot use the buff she replicated. It is not a glitch.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I have 4/55 Dupe 120 Rogue. I basically can spam sp2 power steal on power gain champs or nodes.

She works amazing with suicides.

Her quick debuffs expiracion is lifesaver.

Tought of 5/65 her but I got Bladeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    Has decent potential to wreck people on defense on limber nodes.
    Ruben101 wrote: »
    While rogue is replicating the opponent cannot use the buff she replicated. It is not a glitch.

Thanks for redirecting an old thread!

Actually the issue was that Hypes didn't convert his cosmic charges even after she'd lost the power gain buff she stole of him. Which isn't supposed to be the case - he's only supposed to be thus handicapped whilst she still holds the buff.

However it's no biggie, since his cosmic charges also give him passive Fury and Physical Resistance.
  • MrOnizukaMrOnizuka Posts: 121
    One of my favorite champ so far! The only reason why rogue is not in god tier is because her power steal not enough strong. If only she can steal power at a better rates, she definitely will be in the god tier.. to me, she’s in between god&high demi tier... i have only a 4* unduped rogue but i really love her SP1. Bringing her to AQ all the time and her life steal kicks ass!
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★

Rogue is an interesting character, and I'm wondering about ranking her up, so thought I should do some research. It's pretty clear she's a decent champ (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/365647#Comment_365647). Current score: 88% 'Good', 10% 'Okay', 2% 'bad' from 129 votes.

Then I fought her with Hyperion in the arena this morning, which was interesting: I slipped up and let her touch me during her S1, so she briefly stole my power gain buff. Then I hit her with my S3, fought a bit more and won the match. However: Hyperion didn't convert any more cosmic counters to Power Gain buffs for the rest of the match, despite being at low power levels.

I presume this is a non-bug upset in the game mechanics, like Mephisto blocking Ice Armour at the beginning of the match so it never reforms after Soul Imprisonment is over; and I'm fine with it - happens rarely, and the Cosmic counters still boost your damage and resilience. On the other hand it's an interesting way of countering his power gain - anyone want to try this against Nameless Hyperion? Also, it reminded me about a thread discussing Rogue countering Spiked Armour - https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/58682/rogue-counters-spiked-armor#latest

As @taojay1 explains, if Rogue uses her sp1 when the opponent has the physical resistance buff from spiked armour, she steals all the stacks of physical resistance; but also while she holds the buff, spiked armour will not reflect damage back to Rogue.

A thread about Rogue here (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/299585#Comment_299585) has a few interesting pointers:

- Rogue does great on Power Shield nodes - presumably she gets the 400% boost to her Life Steal as well?

- @silverseraph made a suggestion that if she has stolen Fury effects, they'll boost the life steal as well - correct?

- @taojay1 again here, mentions Rogue working well against Flare as well as Buffet nodes - when she steals a buff, Buffet converts it to regeneration; but she steals that too.

On the other hand buffs don't always seem to function quite as they do for the original owner - in this thread (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/376730#Comment_376730), it seems that whilst Rogue can steal Iceman's Ice Armour, she only gets the armour itself and not the 5% damage shrug.

There are some Youtube videos, such as Gran Scheme image or Seatin image that are interesting; but nothing much more than described above. So, I thought it would be interesting to generate a thread asking the community for ways others might not have realised to use this versatile mutant, and sharing the results of my own research. Share below, if you've got any further thoughts about what she can do, and how she works. Thanks!

tryhard
  • Ckling2Ckling2 Posts: 13
    She’s always in my aq-team, she’s real good and versatile. Not worth R5, but definitly R4
  • Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 244
    I'm not the biggest fan of her, but life steal makes her survivable. One thing I have noticed is that her sp2 power steals from Anhilus. This can be useful as Anhilus can't be power drained so: Vision, Magik, Green Goblin, Hawkeye and even Doctor Voodoo don't reduce his power but Rogue technically is power steal not drain (somehow anyway it worked for me). Main use I can see for this is Anhilus on all or nothing node as only other options as you cant bait any other specials are Killmonger, Luke Cage, Ghost and I guess Iceman's Ice armour.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    she is alright till u r doing map4s or may b map5 depending on path n tier 6/7/8 wars n may b path 1-4 on uncollected, once enemies r higher then 15k in Pi she doesnt really do that is useful, by the time u reach sp2 & hope for a crit to steal more power, ur half health is gone, so u use sp1,& hope for crit life steal but well 99% of the time she has 100% chance to only steal 4-5% health m not be a crit, her damage output is very very low that makes her absolutely useless on most endgame content like act ,variant,5.3,5.4,and last two chapters on uncollected EQ, her buffsteal is non existent if ur not in act 4 or realm of legends , just look at Bg's rankups n he'll say how bad the rougue is once ur out of a small bubble.i wish she was released this year n not two years ago, she would have been most OP mutant ever in game, A lot like captain marvel movie.(Rogue needs to be reworked someday though)
    - she could have had a perfect mechanism for her making her more awesome on every fight.
    - Persistant charge!!!
    - she would steal life essence(a passive or a buff or a core ability of champion) and trigger in later fight when executing a combo with light attack
    - for example ., Rogue starts fight with mormal life steal ability that lets her steal 5% life n 10% power on each specials,but if she is fighting against someone like captain marvel and defeats her she can trigger
    binary ignition once in a next fight with light combo,or like if she is fighting someone like corvus ,she can trigger guranteed crit for some seconds in next fight,
    - she could store about 7 life steal essence that she can trigger in a quest,(lot like diablo or ronin's passives that rolls thrugh entire fight and u can trigger those passive by executing combo with light attack that triggers that specific passive effect. only thing is if cap marvel's binary is for like 20 seconds n the rogue should have it cut by 7 seconds,& same for others(33% effectiveness only) , her ability shouldnt work on Tech champions at all and Skill champions cant provide her any passive essense so she couldt just double her life steal and powersteal against skill champions
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    i cant wait to dupe my 5 star rogue
  • TreoTreo Posts: 382 ★★
    Holy resurrection thread
  • QuantumBobQuantumBob Posts: 162
    I 5/65 mine. I use her for almost everything. I think she's the best kept secret in the game.
    There's a ton of situations where she can heal to full in one special. Stealing those furies from rage is a great example. Anyone node or champ that grants fury is healing food for her. Any node that boosts special attack damage or crit damage too. I've healed over 30k before!

Her power control is amazing. Perfect for strike back as you can spam L2 after L2.

She's one of the best immunity champs as she can shrug off any debuff 70% faster. Those nodes that remove 100% health from poison or bleed in 60 seconds actually only remove 30%. She can get stunned from mesmerise mid combo and shrug it off so fast she can continue the combo.

Preventing buffs from returning has some nice uses too.

She was my main lane clearer for both act 6 chapters for my initial clear and she'd finish her line at full health comfortably.

I really wouldn't shine a light on her though. Don't want any "fixes" 😂. She's amazing
  • ...long 3 page “quote”of original question from way back 1.5 years ago...
    ...and then just...

tryhard

@MoNsTeR_804 , please avoid pulling up posts from a long time ago, only to basically add nothing new to the discussions (also your similar replies in other “old” posts today as well).