**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Wath Champ are imune to dormammu degeneration ?

Wath Champ are imune to dormammu degeneration ?

Comments

• Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    No one
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    No champ is completely immune to dorm’s degeneration. There are a few champs who can bypass or negate it for a part. CB comes to mind, use his overrun, stack furies & no degen from dorm.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Gulk
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Ghulk better ikows gladiator hulk
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    danielmath wrote: »
    Gulk
    Really? Well, that would be cool, I’m unfamiliair with his abilities
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    No champ is completely immune to dorm’s degeneration. There are a few champs who can bypass or negate it for a part. CB comes to mind, use his overrun, stack furies & no degen from dorm.
    dont ikow if Can works becasse he deg is passive. Dont hav a hige raking. CV to test it
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I mean technically TM can be immune to it. But you have to hope that degen doesn't kill you first.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★

CB doesn't interact with Dormammu's degen.
    Is a passive degen, not a defensive ability
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Magik isn't a bad option since her Limbo reverses the effects.

Other option is to avoid using champs with buffs. Unfortunately, even a dexterity buff will trigger it...
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★

@Epistriatus cb against Dormammu is a recipe for disaster. All those furies are going to turn into degeneration. I think gladiator hulk is probably the best counter to dorm's degen, which is passive. I don't think tm will work bc of that reason
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    What about someone like Agent Venom or Kingpin who can shrug off debuffs (or convert them to Rage)?

I really don't have much experience with either of those two, and I typically just use Blade against Dorm.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    @Dexman1349 doesn't work because it's passive. Same with rogue or groot
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Champs with no buffs. Dorm's degen only works on buffs expiring (or nullified by dorm), hence champions with no buffs cannot trigger dorm's degen. Just a reminder, the use of dexterity triggers dorm's degen.

• MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    Rulk + early evades (no dexterity) and just block SP1 if you aren't out of range. But you can anticipate SP1 activation (he is kinda predictable like that) and try to avoid pushing him to SP2. You might lose health blocking, but shouldn't kill you.
  • Blade with full power bar shrugs it extremely fast.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Once triggered, no one can fully ignore the degen 100% but a few champs are shrug it off or be partially resistant to it.

7wvcm4s50jor.png
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Champs with no buffs. Dorm's degen only works on buffs expiring (or nullified by dorm), hence champions with no buffs cannot trigger dorm's degen. Just a reminder, the use of dexterity triggers dorm's degen.

@DemonicStalker, interesting. Never occurred to me any champ can have no buff. Just curious, do you know any? Certainly not the like of CB (many furies), Angela (tons of buffs), etc. Just curious what champs have no buff, as I rarely pay attention to that. Love to know. Thanks.
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    Cap WWII, Rulk, Luke Cage come to mind
  • udhabajudhabaj Posts: 40
    Cap ww2 without dexterity mastery. That's how i completed act 5.3
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Quake and Electro.

Both are science champs, and have a class advantage against Dormammu. To the best of my knowledge, neither come with active buffs that would trigger degen.

Quake can stun Dormammu with her aftershocks giving you the opportunity to dash in do massive damage and unleash a special.

Electro has a passive that makes Dormammu take damage every time he hits electro. Plus electro’s SP1 can possibly stun allowing you to pile on some extra damage.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Some Buff Free Champs:

Vision (both)
    Cap WW2
    Electro
    Quake
    Magik
    AA
    GP
    Rogue
    Loki
    RHulk
    Guilly

Probably a few more I'm forgetting.

RHulk is an excellent counter to Dormammu because he's going to gain heat charges at a faster rate vs Mystic opponents.

Note: Dexterity gives you a buff, so even buff free champs are going to get that buff if you have it.
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    bishop has energy resistance. Can bishop reduce dorm degen damage??
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,363 ★★★★★
    Imran wrote: »
    bishop has energy resistance. Can bishop reduce dorm degen damage??

Nope. Totally different things.

The only thing that can 'reduce' degeneration damage is shrugging it off; which you can't do with Dorm's because it's a passive effect, not a debuff (go figure!).

The nearest thing is Gladiator Hulk's 'Face Me' ability that makes him regenerate it back.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    To recap:

Dormammu's Soul Leech (Degen) ability stems from his signature ability and will only trigger when he's duped. When he's duped, Soul Leech has a chance to trigger every time a buff expires on the opponent. This includes natural buffs inherent to individual champs or to the dexterity mastery (which creates a critical rate buff) that can be used by all champs. The longer it's been since Soul Leech triggered, the higher the likelihood it will trigger. This chance to trigger can go up to 100%, though the time it takes to reach 100% accuracy has never been stated.

Soul Leech is a passive ability. As such, it can't be shrugged off by champs like Agent Venom or Kingpin and the duration can't be reduced by champs like Rogue or Karnak.

Soul Leech causes degeneration, which is a form of direct damage. Direct damage bypasses all armor and resistance. To date, no champion is immune to degen. High levels of armor, physical resistance, or energy resistance will not change the strength of the degen. The strength of the degen scales with Dormammu's attack power. If he has attack-boosting masteries or synergies, or if he's on a node that boosts attack power, the strength of the degen will increase as well.

Gladiator Hulk's Face Me ability allows him to heal whenever a passive damage over time effect is placed on him. The most common examples of these are Magik's Limbo and Dormammu's Soul Leech.

Blade's Danger Sense will trigger naturally against Dormammu as the latter is a dimensional being. With synergies, Blade's Danger Sense can reduce ability accuracy of dimensional beings by 90%. This will prevent Soul Leech from triggering for a while, but as the fight goes on, the likelihood that Soul Leech will trigger will increase. Since Soul Leech's chance to trigger can increase to 100%, it will eventually trigger even against Blade whenever a buff expires. Theoretically, you should see fewer Soul Leech triggers against Blade than you would other champs.

You can use regeneration champs to try to counteract the degeneration damage, but keep in mind that as regeneration is a buff, it has a chance to trigger Soul Leech upon expiring. This makes classic Deadpool a strong matchup for this as his signature ability grants him a permanent, passive regeneration that won't trigger Soul Leech.

Using Science champs will give you the class advantage against Dormammu. Since class advantage lowers the attack of the opponent, science champs will see less Soul Leech damage than champs of other classes.

Finally, avoiding buffs is a fool-proof way to shut down Soul Leech. This may be easier said than done. Many champs trigger buffs naturally, so they can't be used for this method. Even if you use a champ who doesn't trigger any buffs, there is still the dexterity mastery to contend with. You can either remove the mastery, which leaves you vulnerable to block damage you otherwise wouldn't take, or you can learn to evade without triggering the dexterity mastery. This requires very precise movements, quick reflexes, and lots of practice.

That should be all you need to know about Dormammu's Soul Leech ability.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★

You try beating a duped Dorm with a XB and tell me how that goes. haha
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    To recap:

Dormammu's Soul Leech (Degen) ability stems from his signature ability and will only trigger when he's duped. When he's duped, Soul Leech has a chance to trigger every time a buff expires on the opponent. This includes natural buffs inherent to individual champs or to the dexterity mastery (which creates a critical rate buff) that can be used by all champs. The longer it's been since Soul Leech triggered, the higher the likelihood it will trigger. This chance to trigger can go up to 100%, though the time it takes to reach 100% accuracy has never been stated.

Soul Leech is a passive ability. As such, it can't be shrugged off by champs like Agent Venom or Kingpin and the duration can't be reduced by champs like Rogue or Karnak.

Soul Leech causes degeneration, which is a form of direct damage. Direct damage bypasses all armor and resistance. To date, no champion is immune to degen. High levels of armor, physical resistance, or energy resistance will not change the strength of the degen. The strength of the degen scales with Dormammu's attack power. If he has attack-boosting masteries or synergies, or if he's on a node that boosts attack power, the strength of the degen will increase as well.

Gladiator Hulk's Face Me ability allows him to heal whenever a passive damage over time effect is placed on him. The most common examples of these are Magik's Limbo and Dormammu's Soul Leech.

Blade's Danger Sense will trigger naturally against Dormammu as the latter is a dimensional being. With synergies, Blade's Danger Sense can reduce ability accuracy of dimensional beings by 90%. This will prevent Soul Leech from triggering for a while, but as the fight goes on, the likelihood that Soul Leech will trigger will increase. Since Soul Leech's chance to trigger can increase to 100%, it will eventually trigger even against Blade whenever a buff expires. Theoretically, you should see fewer Soul Leech triggers against Blade than you would other champs.

You can use regeneration champs to try to counteract the degeneration damage, but keep in mind that as regeneration is a buff, it has a chance to trigger Soul Leech upon expiring. This makes classic Deadpool a strong matchup for this as his signature ability grants him a permanent, passive regeneration that won't trigger Soul Leech.

Using Science champs will give you the class advantage against Dormammu. Since class advantage lowers the attack of the opponent, science champs will see less Soul Leech damage than champs of other classes.

Finally, avoiding buffs is a fool-proof way to shut down Soul Leech. This may be easier said than done. Many champs trigger buffs naturally, so they can't be used for this method. Even if you use a champ who doesn't trigger any buffs, there is still the dexterity mastery to contend with. You can either remove the mastery, which leaves you vulnerable to block damage you otherwise wouldn't take, or you can learn to evade without triggering the dexterity mastery. This requires very precise movements, quick reflexes, and lots of practice.

That should be all you need to know about Dormammu's Soul Leech ability.

40% ability reduction. 58% with stark spider
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Rektor wrote: »
    40% ability reduction. 58% with stark spider
    You're right...it's 40% base ability reduction with Blade (I thought it was 45% without looking).

Stark Spidey adds +45% to the potency of Danger sense. I'm not sure if that makes it:

40% + 45% = 85%
    or
    40% * 1.45 = 58%

I'd have to test it to be sure. Can anyone confirm? Kabam gets a little funny with math sometimes.