**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New war matchmaking is destroying my ally's morale.

Title says it all. We were Tier 9-10 before the war season... then we've tumbled to Tier 15...

We haven't gotten worse either. We get SA every week now where when the war season started we weren't. We just posted our highest AQ score ever. We're clearing almost 85% in all 3 BGs, killing most end war bosses... We used to only clear 50-60%.

But we're losing more wars than winning because we still aren't exploring 100%.. and Tier 15 rewards are awful compared to Tier 9-10... It is very disheartening...

Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• I change the same view as a leader of 2 alliance
    9 million alliance and 1.5 million alliance
  • Kabam should limit the search within the tier
    We get the face gold 1-3 where we are only silver 3 is this fair
  • We lost many loyal members as a result of losing each aw now I had to resort to hiring uncollected to play for my alliance t2m4l20t0ki1.png
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    It not that you've gotten worse it's just that other alliances are putting more emphasis on war now. People are willing to spend now where in the past they wouldn't have. Sort of what Kabam wanted...go figure.
    Also they added a couple tiers when they introduced war seasons so tier 10 becomes tier 13. If you haven't yet make sure to assign paths, that help a lot. Of course it needs to be done based on who has the best champs/skill for the path. Good luck.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Title says it all. We were Tier 9-10 before the war season... then we've tumbled to Tier 15...

We haven't gotten worse either. We get SA every week now where when the war season started we weren't. We just posted our highest AQ score ever. We're clearing almost 85% in all 3 BGs, killing most end war bosses... We used to only clear 50-60%.

But we're losing more wars than winning because we still aren't exploring 100%.. and Tier 15 rewards are awful compared to Tier 9-10... It is very disheartening...

Anyone else experiencing this?

I am failing to see how the matchmaking is effecting your alliance? If you are clearing more than before but losing wars, how is that the fault of matchmaking? If you can't clear 3 BG's, only do 2 until you can confidently clear 3. The losses are coming from not clearing 3 BG's. SA doesn't have anything to do with AW either.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Also it's been a long time since I was in tier 10-15 but I'd suggest not worrying about 100% exploration but getting all the bosses down. Once you can do that start to move towards full exploration. There's a few different strategies for that, some use 7 or 8 paths to get to the boss with a couple for back up and if no one needs back up then they go for exploration.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    It not that you've gotten worse it's just that other alliances are putting more emphasis on war now. People are willing to spend now where in the past they wouldn't have. Sort of what Kabam wanted...go figure.
    Also they added a couple tiers when they introduced war seasons so tier 10 becomes tier 13. If you haven't yet make sure to assign paths, that help a lot. Of course it needs to be done based on who has the best champs/skill for the path. Good luck.

Really good point, I had not thought of that.
  • MasterFlintMasterFlint Posts: 97
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

I am failing to see how the matchmaking is effecting your alliance? If you are clearing more than before but losing wars, how is that the fault of matchmaking? If you can't clear 3 BG's, only do 2 until you can confidently clear 3. The losses are coming from not clearing 3 BG's. SA doesn't have anything to do with AW either.

I see it as the fault of matchmaking as previously when we would drop to tier 11 or 12 it was basically an instant win... Now we are in tier 15 and barely winning or losing.

The point I made about SA goes to the point that our alliance is not on the decline or falling apart, rather we are growing.

• MasterFlintMasterFlint Posts: 97
    DaMunk wrote: »

Thanks DaMunk for the insight, this may have a lot to do with it.

I would hope they would increase the rewards at the lower tiers, being an ally that was used to getting 5* shards and now getting 4* shards is depressing...
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    War matchmaking hasn't changed in a long time. It's always just been based on WR and that's it.