**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Seriously making the game harder for the top 1% is a bad idea

13»

Comments

• GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    Lol uncollected was easier then lol i litteraly went thru uncollected using 1 Lvl 2 single revive for gully cause i made a mistake but if i would choose between normal or hard its a Normal Quest :) not that hard
  • Delta_14Delta_14 Posts: 64
    Firstly, I wanna make it clear that I am not in "the top 1%". However, I do have a fairly extensive roster at this point, and handled this Uncollected quest fairly easily (i.e. using no items at all). For me, Guilly posed a slight challenge whilst stun immune, but I have to say I didn't find her as difficult as some other Uncollected bosses (in particular, MODOK comes to mind). The rest of the quest was pretty much a walk through.

My question would be: if the Uncollected quest is not supposed to be this difficult (in line with the OP's argument), then what is?

I would love more difficult content on a regular basis. Other than Act 5 (which a large number of players have completed) and LoL (which is as much resource management as anything else) there is very little high end, individual content in this game. Why is it so bad that there should be monthly content aimed that those with "r4 and r5" champs? Now, whether that is adding a further difficulty with ramped up PI values/nodes, or establishing Uncollected as a difficulty meant to be completed by 'end game' players, I don't care. I understand that not being able to complete content can be frustrating (we've all been there), but the lack of high-level, challenging monthly content is (in my opinion) something which needs to be addressed in this game.

And of course, I'm sure someone will go and tell me to play Uncollected with 3*s (which sometimes I do for practise). But what's the point of ranking champs if there's no content to use them in?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Delta_14 wrote: »
    Firstly, I wanna make it clear that I am not in "the top 1%". However, I do have a fairly extensive roster at this point, and handled this Uncollected quest fairly easily (i.e. using no items at all). For me, Guilly posed a slight challenge whilst stun immune, but I have to say I didn't find her as difficult as some other Uncollected bosses (in particular, MODOK comes to mind). The rest of the quest was pretty much a walk through.

My question would be: if the Uncollected quest is not supposed to be this difficult (in line with the OP's argument), then what is?

I would love more difficult content on a regular basis. Other than Act 5 (which a large number of players have completed) and LoL (which is as much resource management as anything else) there is very little high end, individual content in this game. Why is it so bad that there should be monthly content aimed that those with "r4 and r5" champs? Now, whether that is adding a further difficulty with ramped up PI values/nodes, or establishing Uncollected as a difficulty meant to be completed by 'end game' players, I don't care. I understand that not being able to complete content can be frustrating (we've all been there), but the lack of high-level, challenging monthly content is (in my opinion) something which needs to be addressed in this game.

And of course, I'm sure someone will go and tell me to play Uncollected with 3*s (which sometimes I do for practise). But what's the point of ranking champs if there's no content to use them in?

It would be awesome if "Elder's Bane" content was added on top of "Uncollected" content. Another idea would be adding a sequel to Labyrinth of Legends that requires LOL to be 100% completed to access, just like how Road to the Labyrinth is the prerequisite for gaining access to LOL.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    As a lot have said. This master mode is not meant for the top 1% of players. This may be meant for probably 70% of the actual player base. Not even uncollected is meant for the top 1% of player base. With that said if you have issues with master then you should work on your roster, your 5/50 mephisto, and AA won’t help with that guillotine to 100%.

Uncollected this month was tough, lines were easy but guillotine was definitely tricky. It took me 2 passes of her to actually get her timing down. I used about 5-7 single revives and 2 team revives to pass through her on the first 2 runs. Runs 3-7 we’re pretty easy once I got her timing.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Hey there, Summoners!

We completely get where you are coming from. Rewards are an important motivator to completing harder content. If the rewards don't match the difficulty, it feels like a wasted effort. We want to make sure the game feels rewarding for the time and effort everyone places into the game. Please understand we are constantly reading through these threads to get a general idea of how you all feel.

With that said, make sure the conversation stays constructive. Calling out others for just flat out complaining isn't warranted. Good things come with criticism that is constructive and well thought out; anything outside of that deters from the conversation.

@kabam rimehaven @Kabam Miike is this is true, why the hell have the 3 day event rewards and solo rewards not been touched in years???
  • Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 244
    I have 2 more runs at Guillotine to 100% master and yes the damage has been a bugger if I messed up my intercepts but that's down to my error and I accept that. Corvus really wasn't that bad and Guillotine is only bad on 3 runs when you are forced to not take the stun immune node for completion. But I enjoy this step up in challenge, I am rolling with 6 5/50 4 star champs and rank 2 5 stars. I'm aware others can do this with lower and I'll get called a useless scrub that should quit playing if I need high rank champs to do master because after all this is the internet. But to b honest build up your roster and more importantly practice like I am. Quite frankly this is miles easier than MODOK and as people have said Uncollected is much harder still. You can expect a full 5 star plus 5000 shards and t2 alphas for master mode the rewards in these events are actually pretty good AND obtainable with perseverance.

FYI my team is
    5/50 4 star Scarlet Witch, Blade, Medusa, Star Lord (some earlier quests iceman) all duped
    and a 5 star rank 2 Magik.
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    Fanoin wrote: »
    tu4otqawqq53.png
    Master difficulty Corvallis and Guillotine. Are insanely difficult both bosses were able to do 25k damage in two normal hits block damage would take 25% of my health. If you think your company will make money by only listening to the top 1% who think it is too easy and ignoring the other 99% of your player base then you need to go back to business school. The difficulty of master did not match the rewards i.e. should have been a lot more. This latest quest, the cheat codes you have introduced into the game ( we call them bugs ) your refusal to fix anything just reinforces why I have stopped spending any and I do mean any real currency in your game. If you want my money fix things and quit adding **** that only people with r4 and r5 5* can complete. Oh and make t4cc and other resources more readily available. I have 17 t1a in my overflow and no t4cc to use them on. All 4* are r3 or better. Ignore this post and others if you want to but that is just bad business. I sure hope you all have at the very least run a demographic to see just who the spenders are.

If you are complaining about the difficulty and how it doesn't match the rewards then you should probably stick to heroic. Or at least wait and rank up and progress your champs before trying to go guns blazing into masters mode.

If you are ill prepared, then of course you will suffer the concequences of having to spend a lot more time and effort into just completing master mode event quest. It took time for me, but once I had a good team of r5 4 Stars and i practiced intercepting, fighting, etc; Masters mode ended up being very very easy for me (without spending any $, by the way if you were wondering).

Uncollected is where it's at now. It isn't super easy, and I even have to use a couple revives and maybe a few potions against bosses, but the rewards are great, and Im glad I ranked up champs and practiced fighting before entering Uncollected difficulty.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    My main gripe is how master event quest difficulty does not remain relatively constant from month to month. Last month I fully explored master with some difficulty but 0 item usage. This month (haven't fully explored yet) it definitely feels like I am going to have to use items. I don't understand why difficulty has to fluctuate so much in one mode from month to month.

I don't think difficulty actually fluctuates all that much in total. But difficulty isn't entirely linear, different things challenge different players in different ways, so what might be difficult for one player is not difficult for another player even with identical roster, much less with variable roster.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    Fanoin wrote: »
    I will say this.anyone who claims last two chapters master or even uncoll3cted went too bad is a liar both bosses will kill you in two hits the ai will get it's two hits. And if by some miracle you don't take any hits the block damage will kill you in 6 hits. So go ahead bash me flex.your e muscles and say just how good you are. But quite frankly master should not be geared to maxed out 5* or r1 6* to complete. If you guys are happy with the way the game is now and how kabaam treats it's player base fine. But I for one do not like the bull they have been pulling this year.

I used 4 star 5/50's to clear Master Mode.

I remember back when I didn't have a deep of a roster and was unable to beat master mode ... instead of complaining on forums I focused on progression. Now it's easy peasy.

He's talking about Uncollected, not Master.