**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Stark Spidey vs. Agent Venom SP1 issue

Hello,
I was hoping to get some help and others opinions on this issue that has been happening for quite some time.

Background: As a general strategy that I use when playing my 4/55 Stark Spiderman, I will hold down block during special attacks that I know I have trouble dodging consistently or, not at all. these specials are usually the ones with multiple hits, such as War machines SP1, Cable's SP1, etc. The idea is that if Stark Spiderman doesn't dodge the incoming special attack completely, I'll only take block damage for the attacks he doesn't dodge because I'm holding block during the special attack.

Issue at hand: This strategy does not work against Agent Venom. For some reason, while I hold block, Stark Spiderman will dodge some of the incoming bullets of the special attack, but some will hit me directly, as if I was not holding block at all.

I'd like to know if other people have experienced this same issue and if there is either something I am missing, or if this is a legitimate problem. Thank you for your cooperation.

Device: iphone 8
Device operating system: iOS version 11.3
Game version: 17.2.0
Using both Wifi and Data
Game mode: Arena, Alliance War, and story/event quests

Comments

• sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    Add Falcon to that list...
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Does AV reduce evade chance/ability accuracy?

Will that cause spark to attempt an evade and fail?
  • Dakine86Dakine86 Posts: 239
    phillgreen wrote: »

He reduces passive evade by 50%.
  • RKO_meRKO_me Posts: 154
    phillgreen wrote: »

If it does "fail", that'll mean he just wont evade. The problem is still at hand: I'm holding down block and getting hit after evading some of the bullets.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Yeah been happening always, I’ve asked before and no official answer but everybody seemed to think it was intended
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    Yeah it evades the first few then his evade reduction kicks in and you take some damage. Usually best workaround is to manually dodge the first bits yourself, the kick and the first shot, then try to apply block. As the champ removes the block for evade you can't get it back up in time when it fails mid evade. Think it's just a mechanic of how AV works but wouldn't be against them changing this so once the evade starts it sticks.
  • MacrosTheDarkMacrosTheDark Posts: 18
    Hi, I experienced the same in AW today against Agent Venom SP1 and I was just looking at the forum if this bug was noticed. Because it's clearly a bug to my opinion, nothing in the description of AV is saying that he is getting rid of any block... It is really different from not evading (Because of ability reduction) which I can understand but then bullets should go in the block...
    Thank you @MacrosTheDark! My issue is that Im blocking the whole time!!! How can a game interaction just suddenly cause me holding block to no longer work?! This must be an issue. I'd at least like some feedback from a mod. Even a "we'll take this to the team" situation will suffice. I have also sent in a ticket. I suggest you all do the same! @Kabam Rose @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    RKO_me wrote: »
    Thank you @MacrosTheDark! My issue is that Im blocking the whole time!!! How can a game interaction just suddenly cause me holding block to no longer work?! This must be an issue. I'd at least like some feedback from a mod. Even a "we'll take this to the team" situation will suffice. I have also sent in a ticket. I suggest you all do the same! @Kabam Rose @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit

Auto evade kick in and then it drop yours blok and then u get hit from the last bullet hate it when it happens
    @RKO_me I also opened a ticket, let's see what they will tell
    @Gamer I'm afraid that it is what is actually happening but it should not... (my opinion)
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    edited April 2018
    My assumption is that since Stark Spidey had the evade's probability at 50, he will try to evade the most every attack. Since AV's sp1 fires a bunch of projectiles at once, the system will try to evade each bullet, but will get confused as there are so many things being thrown at you. Same with Falcon's sp1. The block will then drop because the evade should activate, but since the system get's confused, the evade never activates, causing you to just stand there and take the hits.

I'm no expert on the mechanics of this game, nor am I good at explaining things, but this is my general assumption about the situation. This is just my assumption, and the real reason is it's just a bug that will be fixed with the next patch.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    @Gamer I'm afraid that it is what is actually happening but it should not... (my opinion)
    hav the same shuld not happen either it evade wuld or not evade at all

Gamer wrote: »
    hav the same shuld not happen either it evade wuld or not evade at all

I dunno. Coding can be hard. Especially for a mobile game.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Im going to comment on why it happens, not whether or not it should. I'm assuming it's similar to the animation issues elsewhere. I'll compare it to two things.

Quake is a hard comparison, because it's not with special attacks, but when she evades, she backs up far and quick, allowing you to hold block and sustain the block after the heavy charging.

I am assuming no matter how much you hold block with Mordo, drax second hit of the medium would still hit you.

So here, I am not used to sparky evading fairly far, but also has a decent length (time) evade animation. AV bullets are extremely quick, same with falcon. I am wondering if the time between bullets is too quick for the evade animation to stop and get a block up in time.

The unfortunate drawback to this, is it'll probably go under investigation, promised to be resolved, never put in patchnotes, finally a comment about its more complicated than they originally thought, and eventually forgotten and justified as a unique situation that adds value to AV/Falcon
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    so Warmachine is also an issue?
    Meaning all sp that fires multiple Shots?
    Punischer, WS, Cyclops, YJ, GGoblin etc.?

Maybe its meant to be that way. his weak spot so to say.

Kabam will force you to Play with another champ with those enemys.
    I thought that too, but the creator of the post said this happened even if the evade didn't trigger.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    Who else has a passive ability reduction?
    Maybe there ist the same. Someone said Falcon can also do so.
    It has nothing to do with passive ability reduction. The issue is stark Spidey evades some of the bullts and gets hit by others within the same attack, while I am holding block the entire time. Sometimes his evade wont kick in at all and then its just block damage. Sometimes the evade kicks in and he evades the entire attack. Its the first option that makes no sense to me.
    I have direct video evidence of the issue, and I can't publish it here. Anyone know how I can take videos recorded from my iphone and drop it here? It will help with the explanation A LOT.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    It's not just Stark Spidey - same with all versions of Spidey. Holding block doesn't stop champions evading; which you'll notice much more often if you try using a Spidey or Nightcrawler to parry people..

Like others have described above, the champion tries to evade but can't do it successfully against all the projectiles. Unfortunately evading momentarily drops your block. That's the (arguable) benefit for having controllable evades, like Spidergwen, Symbiote Spidey or Nightcrawler.

You'll notice it most against AV, because of his evade ability reduction. War Machine doesn't do this, so you're more likely to successfully evade.
    Conversely, Falcon shuts down evade by 100% when he's locked on, so you shouldn't notice it at all - your champ can't trigger an evade, so doesn't try, but also doesn't drop their block.
    It's not just Stark Spidey - same with all versions of Spidey. Holding block doesn't stop champions evading; which you'll notice much more often if you try using a Spidey or Nightcrawler to parry people..

Like others have described above, the champion tries to evade but can't do it successfully against all the projectiles. Unfortunately evading momentarily drops your block. That's the (arguable) benefit for having controllable evades, like Spidergwen, Symbiote Spidey or Nightcrawler.

You'll notice it most against AV, because of his evade ability reduction. War Machine doesn't do this, so you're more likely to successfully evade.
    Conversely, Falcon shuts down evade by 100% when he's locked on, so you shouldn't notice it at all - your champ can't trigger an evade, so doesn't try, but also doesn't drop their block.

But should the evading NOT temporarily drop the block? Blocking should only be dropped when I physically take my finger off the left side of the screen, not because of some strange interaction between two characters. I'd just like some answers from an expert who has either received an answer on this issue or a mod that's "in the know". I'd like to know if this is in fact a bug or just something that happens. Or maybe it's none of the above. Maybe it's an unintentional interaction/occurrence, similar to the Dr. Voodoo invisible debuff that effected people when fighting void. A mod's cooperation on this issue would be greatly appreciated :)
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    I think this exposes the "drop blocked" bugs where people swear for a split second the character goes unresponsive and drops their block and gets hit.

What I mean, relating this to the issue of stark spidey, is I am willing to bet there is a sort of gap in the gameplay coding that allows for the ***the evade registers > then it stops the command (and because one normally holds block during the auto-evade the second command initiates which happens to be a block)***

Imagine now with the dropped block issue, ***the game registers you blocking > stops the command (and because you do not have a second command to initiate like the block in the situation above, you are left open for a few hits).***

It is a nice catch because once stark spidey's auto-evade triggers, he should evade the entire animation. I think the root of this problem is not isolated to stark, but consequence of a bug in general gameplay.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    It is easy to see when you face WS in ROL, when spark's auto evade triggers just once, he will evade WS's entire sp2 under normal circumstances (off the top of my head, pun2099's as well). So very unusual that we do not see this all the time with other champs.
    I have submitted my highly detailed ticket to kabam for review. I will post here when I receive an answer from them. In the meantime, does anyone know how to put videos up here? apparently an .MOV file is not supported on these forums.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    I think this may have to do with the recent issues with evading out of multi-hit specials. There is another large thread about how cable's sp1, av sp1, sentry sp1, etc. were previously evadeable by blocking the first bit and then evading the rest. Now, you will get tagged if you try.
    Personally I haven't faced agent venom with sparky lately so idk about getting hit while holding block, but I did not have this issue while facing falcon and war machine in the challenge. Same with punisher sp2, ws sp2, hood sp2, and so on.
    @RKO_me I know that struggle, I eventually made a forum post about it and was told you can only link youtube vids. I did see a vimeo earlier today tho
    I have posted 4 different cuts of the issue on youtube. Here is the link if anyone is interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuqwuKctUus
    Hi guys, just to let you know that so far I didn't received any feedback from support (it is French support so there is maybe a delay), but in the meantime I just found out this post:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/64695/resolved-in-18-0-multi-hit-evade-issue#latest
    Maybe it will also solve the problem we're addressing here...
  • DERPYREVENGERDERPYREVENGER Posts: 265
    If you don’t want to get hit by his SP1, let him heavy you, so you won’t auto evade the specials