**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Stark Spidey evade... 3% chance really?

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
So I noticed Stark Spidey was evading what seems to be somewhat more than 3% in pretty much every encounter I had with him in all content. BUT, only when I had to fight him a billion time in the new Chadwick event especially on the last map I noticed how bad it really was!

There is NO WAY in all levels of hell that his evade is only 3%!!! No F***ing way!!!
He literally evades pretty much at least once in every 5 hit combo and the evade bug means instant kill especially if it's on the 5th hit cause you can't block in time... not that it matters in this event cause with a 50+ hits on the combo meter he has 1000%+ extra attack so you'll die just by blocking... but anyway This is just stupid!

I even did a 5 hit combo a bunch of times and he evaded the 2nd hit and continue to evade the last 3 hits in a row also!!!

Now I'm not saying it would be surprising that he has a bug allowing him to evade with a MUCH higher chance but it sure would be ironic (cause spider is a bug get it?).

But seriously kabam I demand answers!!!

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    His evade didn’t trigger often against me, wasn’t using any champs who could stop it either, just SL.

• StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    His evade didn’t trigger often against me, wasn’t using any champs who could stop it either, just SL.

Well I'm forced to use 4 hit combos of MLLL just so I have time to react when he evades my 5th. All cause the evade bug is never gonna get fixed cause we all know that's a good source of income for kabam. #DirtyMoney
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    When evade triggers it is for a full tick or half tick, I can't remember which one but that means he evaded everything for that time if evade has triggered
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    Doesn't happen to me, your just experiencing true randomness. In theory, he could evade every single attack you throw at him.
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    Yeah I don’t buy that. But who knows. On my second account using Hyperion I had to stop trying to use my heavy cause he kept evading mid heavy

Exactly! I stuck to basics with Hyperion cause he was evading mid heavy a lot and nailed me right after.
    Had to rely on cosmic charges to boos my attack cause without heavy there's no furies :/
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Sparky evades like crazy in AW he might as well me OG spidey lol
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 300 ★★
    He no different than how much Black widow evades on her flat 3%. Plus his evade is increased when awaken with AI active under 50% health.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    He evaded way more often than the description describes. I was using drax at first to turn off the ai but he was evading I would say 1 out of every 20 hits.

There aren't many human beings that can observationally tell the difference between 3% and 5% in a sample size smaller than a couple hundred.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    He evaded way more often than the description describes. I was using drax at first to turn off the ai but he was evading I would say 1 out of every 20 hits.

There aren't many human beings that can observationally tell the difference between 3% and 5% in a sample size smaller than a couple hundred.

Yes but you can tell the difference between 3% and 15%. Because Sparkey evades about as much as WS power drains.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    It changes to 10% if he’s duped and below 50% health.
    Strategic wrote: »

Yes but you can tell the difference between 3% and 15%. Because Sparkey evades about as much as WS power drains.

Well, I can tell the difference between those two chances given enough observations, and as far as I can tell Sparky does not appear to have that ability on my phone.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/XWhLRgsN9tA

@DNA3000 How likely is it for Sparky’s 3% evade chance to trigger 3 out of 11 attacks? Video above shows that happening in AW, I don’t know if a 3% evade chance should be expected to trigger as often as above.

@DNA3000 How likely is it for Sparky’s 3% evade chance to trigger 3 out of 11 attacks? Video above shows that happening in AW, I don’t know if a 3% evade chance should be expected to trigger as often as above.

Thanks. I was too lazy to upload my own video lol. I just hope it can convince some of the skeptics here.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

That would be unusual but not impossible. I would like to see the rest of the fight to see if that was an anomaly or if that continued to happen throughout the fight.

The math says that should happen approximately once out of every 300 sequences, which would make it the sort of thing you'd likely see only once out of every 40 or 50 fights maybe (that's a guestimate, not a calculation).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3vF7376ejs

Thanks for the insight, the full fight can be seen above. I use a special attack on an odd number of combo hits just over a minute into the fight to activate Voodoo’s ability reduction, not sure the fight is a good measure of Sparky’s chance to evade after that.

Like @Rixob said, I’ve also noticed that Sparky seems to evade more frequently in AW. AW’s AI difficult is possibly the hardest in the game. No other game mode including LOL and Act 5 have AI that parry attacks as often as AW, especially if you include attacks being parried immediately after evading/using the dexterity mastery, which is something players can’t do. I’m not a game designer and I don’t pretend to understand how code works, but I do have hours of recorded game footage to support my forum statements.
    Thanks for the insight, the full fight can be seen above. I use a special attack on an odd number of combo hits just over a minute into the fight to activate Voodoo’s ability reduction, not sure the fight is a good measure of Sparky’s chance to evade after that.

I took a look at the full fight, and made note of where Daniel was during the fight. In total, I recorded 27 unblocked normal attacks on even combo with three passive evades, all at the start of the fight (there was also one passive evade of a special attack that isn't relevant here). That's still pretty high, but it might be due to getting very unlucky at the start of the fight. If the evade rate at the beginning was representative of Sparky's actual evade rate, then the 16 unblocked normal attacks without an evade would then be equally unusual.

I don't *think* this is an AI thing, because I don't think the AI can perform an "active" evade in the middle of a combo, and all three evades happen in the middle of a combo. That should only happen with passive evade. But I'm not 100% certain the AI is forced to do things the same way we are in all cases.
  • Shynight00Shynight00 Posts: 28
    Auce wrote: »
    Dude, read his full description. When Stark AI is active his evade is a flat 60%. Lazy

That is only against special attacks. He is talking about basic attacks.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Stark Spidy evade so much that I now consider him as normal spiderman. 3 hits, block, heavy.
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    ehh my personally experience I would estimate a 5% or so evasion (when above 50%). I definitely feel its higher then 3 but its not a major increase. This is my personal experience with him and is by no means a reliable basis.
    That said, I find black widows 3% evasion to be somewhere around 10%, and to be far more broken. (again, just my experience)
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    Auce wrote: »
    Dude, read his full description. When Stark AI is active his evade is a flat 60%. Lazy

Dude, read his full description. When Stark AI is active his evade is increased by 60%. Lazy

aka when awakened he can max out to 70%. Implying that his evade turns to a flat 60% means these factors would not increase it.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Stark Spidey and Black Widow have 3% chance to evade basic hits. And we have a 2% chance to pull a 4* champion out of phcs. :)
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Randomness in computer programs is an approximation. The algorithm used determines how close it is to true randomness. The RNGs in this game seem especially poor, including debuff chances, crystal chances and other supposedly random events. They "cluster" too much. You can get on a hot streak and proc debuffs almost constantly and then you can have almost none at all. Those occurrences should be extremely rare, but I see them all the time.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    When evade triggers it is for a full tick or half tick, I can't remember which one but that means he evaded everything for that time if evade has triggered
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    All the auto evade champs have very low % but they all evade like it’s at 70-90%, I’ve always thought this. Never made sense to me
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137

Same issue with BW's 5% chance to evade - she evades way too much for just 5%...that is , if you base it on hits.

Personally, I dont think the % chance to evade is based on hits. I think it's based on game frames. Im not sure how many frames there are for an attack, but let's say a medium has 10 frames and a light has 5 frames, then that means doing MLLLM means there are 35 frames all in all, and each one had a 3% chance to evade on.
  • Ou_YeahOu_Yeah Posts: 45

Same issue with BW's 5% chance to evade - she evades way too much for just 5%...that is , if you base it on hits.

Personally, I dont think the % chance to evade is based on hits. I think it's based on game frames. Im not sure how many frames there are for an attack, but let's say a medium has 10 frames and a light has 5 frames, then that means doing MLLLM means there are 35 frames all in all, and each one had a 3% chance to evade on.

A 3% chance on each of 35 frames means only a 34.4% chance to make it through the 5 hit combo without an evade. That doesn't seem right.