**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Will we see rank down tickets again any soon?

I was wondering if there is any chance for rank down tickets comimg our way, it was a great surprise during Christmas and considering the progress ingame and tons of great new champs in the basic pool i think it would be great to at least consider giving community rank down tickets. Opinions?

Comments

• SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Been wondering where these posts have gone....
  • NguyenDauNguyenDau Posts: 248
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    still waiting on the ticket for Gwenpool's nerf...

Didnt u get them at Xmas..

• Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Lol gwenpool nerf was like nothing... no ticket deserved and I have gp 5* r4... no whining
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    It’s only on heavy attack.. doesn’t impact her greatness much. You’ll be waiting a while as they’re not coming I’d wager. Yes you’re correct you weren’t exactly whining. ;)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    The GP change was a fix to an exploit, not a major change to how the Champ functions.

To the OP, Tickets are not meant to be mainstream. They're for major changes to Champs. We received some at Christmas, but it won't likely be a regular occurrence.
    The number that decreased changed significantly, yes. Her functionality didn't. GP doesn't rely on the Bleed from her Heavy. People who were spamming Heavies either didn't have much experience with her, or were using the exploit. When a Champ can corner the Opponent and render them incapacitated indefinitely, that's a problem. She still functions much the same. The RNG for the Heavy Bleed was lowered. That's not a major change.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    i'd say a change of 45% is a pretty major change.
    anyway, just came back to say yes, i know how long i'll be waiting, but it's always fun to pick on this topic, and Gwen will be my go-to example anytime a rankdown topic pops up. i have another couple of champs in mind if someone wants to talk about the topic in further detail

Would you really derank gwenpool even if you got one? She’s still god tier and in the top 10 champs in the game. Rank down tickets are not happening, whatever your thoughts on it it’s time to move on.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Rank Down tickets are meant for Champion Changes not so you can just rank up and down champs simply because you like another champion

Gwenpool wasn’t nerfed at all she simply had her heavy adjusted which everyone was aware was a bug
    Major changes. Not any change. That wasn't a major change. We're talking Thor, SW changes. Those were major. Not Loki or Gwenpool. Anything that stops an exploitable situation is pretty much priority. If they rendered the Champs significantly altered in how they basically fucntion in the process, that would be different. They aren't going to hand out Tickets for any alteration that comes.
  • TheRealmKeeperTheRealmKeeper Posts: 213
    #nerfblade so I can rank down Starlord lol
    edited April 2018
    #nerfblade so I can rank down Starlord lol

That's the other piece of the puzzle. They indicated if changes like that were made again, they would likely be Champ-specific. So I can't see anyone taking down GP even if the change was major. Lol
    edited April 2018
    Those Champs can't render the Opponent unable to retaliate by spamming Heavies with Enervate. It was exploitable. It wasn't major, unless the only use you think she had was the Bleed from her Heavy. Lol.
    TL:DR - It wasn't an exploit because it required you to be aware of it to spam it. Gotcha. Lol.

I disagree.
    Now you're just twisting facts to support your opinion. Just because it was a design flaw doesn't mean it was intended or legit. Clearly it wasn't, which is why they changed it.
    It was unintended and it could be used to exploit content. No Champ should be able to lock the Opponent into immobilization indefinitely, just from using a Heavy. If you can't see that, then you must be among those who were using it, and are unhappy they made the change.
    I wasn't really being literal. I don't know what your situation is. I was just displaying a point. Legitimate tactics are not the same as unforeseen and unfair advantages. The tactic itself is legitimate. Her Abilities created a loophole.
  • Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    The GP change was a fix to an exploit, not a major change to how the Champ functions.

To the OP, Tickets are not meant to be mainstream. They're for major changes to Champs. We received some at Christmas, but it won't likely be a regular occurrence.

It was not an exploit. Maybe utter incompetence of the people who created the game cause they don’t have the foresight to predict how a champ and their abilities would be used but it is not an exploit when players use a champs ability to its maximum.

Is fighting quake style an exploit? Is stacking neurotoxins with aa an exploit?

You are wrong, it was a major change to the champ but to be clear I took her to rank 4 as a 5* after the change so I acknowledge she is still great

An exploit, in video game terms, is using in game characters, environments, etc in a manner not intended by the developer. GP wasn't intended by the devs to be able to infinitely trap opponents in the corner, so it was an exploit by generally accepted terms. Really, anything a game developer says is an exploit is an exploit, as only they know their intent.